the calculations of the Democratic party - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Sivad wrote:What do you think would've been so much better if Hilary had won?

The Clintons would take better care of the federal budget deficit and Transatlantic (+ US-Canada) relations, and I also wonder whether there would be a trade war with China under a Clinton administration.

However, what seems to matter the most here is whether she'd have a better relationship with Putin.
skinster wrote:No, it's the opposite.

What opposite? Do you mean to make people feel comfortable whenever you mention war with Russia?

skinster wrote:I see you have trouble answering easy questions.

Or rather you have trouble asking hard ones. :lol:
skinster wrote:If anyone else would like to say yes, no or other to whether US war with Russia is scary, feel free, just to show Beren how it's done. Looks like he's struggling with the question.

We even survived the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis, so I won't shit my pants just because you expect me to whenever you feel like scaremongering on behalf of Russia.
I happen to think Russia did interfere in the US election. They had a clear motive to do so. Hillary Clinton's State Department was instrumental in the coup in Ukraine, which led to a civil war on Russia's boarder, and also led to the Russian move in Crimea. That wasn't the first time the US had interfered in Ukrainian politics. The US probably had a hand in the so-called 'Purple Revolution', which probably involved US election meddling. Investigators look for motive; if it's taken, at least for the sake of argument, that Russia did meddle, they had a pretty clear motive. Attempting to prevent Hillary Clinton from being president was plausibly a defense policy decision.
Okay Crantag, let's say you're correct on your assumption. Russian interference or meddling failed because the outcome of the election was Clinton winning the popular vote anyway.

We could blame other things for Trump's victory, such as the electoral college, or Clinton's obvious corruptness with regards to stealing the Democrat nomination and turning the Bernie wing against herself, or elevating Trump as Republican candidate via her pied piper strategy may have been responsible for Trump winning. At least with these things, there is some...evidence. The Clinton wing of the Democrats also have a motive to blame Russia for its election-loss, such as how doing so could (and did/does) distract from why Clinton lost the election, reasons which are mentioned earlier in this paragraph.

Still, do you think if Clinton won, she would've risked US war with Russia in Syria? That seems to be a difficult thing for some people to answer...
Last edited by skinster on 30 Sep 2018 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:Still, do you think if Clinton won, she would've risked US war with Russia in Syria? That seems to be a difficult thing for some people to answer...

You didn't ask me that. You asked another question which I answered, not in a way you expected though.
Beren wrote:The Clintons would take better care of the federal budget deficit and Transatlantic (+ US-Canada) relations, and I also wonder whether there would be a trade war with China under a Clinton administration.

I agree, the problem is those aren't progressive issues, balancing the budget, expanding NATO, and "free trade" are all wingnut projects. :lol:

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O