Is the NPC Meme the End of SJWs on the Internet? - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:I actually think @Hong Wu seriously thinks this meme would end SJW internet involvement.

He has a habit of making wildly unrealistic claims about SJWs, after all.

Okay, I will let you two discuss that. Sorry for the interruption.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

There would have to be something to deny for me to be in denial.

I'm saying that SJWs don't exist, not that they aren't NPCs. For all intents and purposes they are because SJWs are exaggerations of actual liberals. They aren't real.

Ofcourse they exist. The name simply means those who fight for social justice. There is no reason to deny this. What you are denying is an ‘imagined insult’. This is just mental confusion from prioritizing political correctness.
@One Degree

Except that "SJWs", as a concept, have not existed until now. It was a term only used by right wing affiliated individuals as an insult towards liberals.

I also don't understand why you don't like political correctness. Political correctness merely shows an evolution in the structure of society, it isn't something to be afraid of nor is it something you can stop.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

Except that "SJWs", as a concept, have not existed until now. It was a term only used by right wing affiliated individuals as an insult towards liberals.

I also don't understand why you don't like political correctness. Political correctness merely shows an evolution in the structure of society, it isn't something to be afraid of nor is it something you can stop.

Most evolutionary changes are dead ends. I could babble on forever about all the ways political correctness is a tool to accomplish the exact opposite of what it pretends. I will limit myself to it requires restrictions on free speech in exchange for not having your feelings hurt. This is a ‘devil’s bargain’. Only the most propagandized could accept such a trade. It’s lunacy.
‘Treating people with respect’ is what we ask of each other. ‘Political correctness’ includes punishment if you don’t comply. They may have started as synonymous, but that disappeared quickly. When political correctness says it is against the law to criticize the prophet Mohammed in Europe then I think we can see a distinct difference.
Political correctness now represents a society gone insane and willing to sacrifice everything for which we should hold dear for an impossibility. You can’t legislate people to like you.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Where is it against the law to criticize Muhammad, praise be upon him, in Europe?

Also yes, society can and does treat you like an asshole if you behave like one toward others. This isn't rocket science.

I posted the link in 2 other threads. It is a Fox News story today and it looks like the liberal media has buried it.
The European court ruled criticizing him is not covered by free speech. This means you are not allowed to do it.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/defaming- ... ourt-rules

Edit: @SpecialOlympian I added the link.
Last edited by One Degree on 26 Oct 2018 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Political correctness is just calling people what they prefer to be addressed as. Basically, every instance where an angry right winger mentions "political correctness" can be replaced with "treating people with respect." That's literally it.
So are you saying "treating people with respect" should be enforced by the state?

I find it disrespectful that you support illegal immigration, should the state now penalize you or throw you in jail when you voice your support for illegal immigration?
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmao that owns. She got fined for just shouting about how much she hates Islam.

Europe has never had free speech laws BTW. Seems like she would have gotten the same fine for calling pope Francis a pedo.

Apparently that is not totally true or they could not have ruled free speech did not protect her in this instance.
And you are okay with citizens not being allowed to criticize authority figures? We are following Europeans lead in Political correctness. Where they go, we follow.

Edit: @SpecialOlympian
This was the European Court of Human Rights. Are you saying they do not support free speech laws?
Political Correctness is a Communist invention that somehow made its way into Liberalism. It is completely contrary to the principles of Liberalism and the Republic. It is beyond comprehension how it has stuck around for as long as it has even in America.

The founding fathers are rolling in their graves, this is exactly what they fought against, and this is exactly what the monarchs of Europe practiced. Censorship on speech and criticism of a monarch.

The irony goes even further when you think that the Democrats are called liberals in modern politics whilst they support most illiberal policies. In many ways I think the Democrats in modernity are actually the most illiberal body of political ideology that has existed since the founding of the Republic.
Liberals believe they are liberal because they only look at what their policies will do right this minute.
They don’t look at the end of the path they have been manipulated onto and see the authoritarianism at the end.

Edit: I will amend that. Many know exactly what is going on. They are part of the ‘Me generation’ that don’t give a shit about the future as long as they get theirs now.
Last edited by One Degree on 27 Oct 2018 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Democrats: I like political correctness because I can force people to do what I want. It makes me feel all powerful inside and that my opinion matters the most. Yet we are victims of Nazism and oppression.

Modern progressives are the actually in practice the closest thing to totalitarianism and Fascism there is. Yet it is their favourite accusation of people who they disagree with.
Last edited by Albert on 27 Oct 2018 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
No one is stopping you from supporting illegal immigration, just don't get all upset and call on the massacre of people who simply disagree with you online.

SO man, you do not even get what freedom of speech and expression is all about. Like just, do even understand the principles on which your own republic was founded? Freedom of speech has nothing to do with being respectful or not. It is about the freedom of facilitation and expression of ideas.

If a presidential candidate goes on platform and starts expressing his idea that he wants to limit immigration, re-criminalize homosexuality and get rid of feminism for example; he has all the right to do so. That is if you do not have lefties in power who will use the power of the state to, um spy on him, try to smear him by using the media (which out of control these days). We need to bring some laws in where the media can be liable for their bullshit.
Last edited by Albert on 27 Oct 2018 00:20, edited 2 times in total.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Albert nobody is stopping you from going to Harlem and shouting the N word. You simply won't be coddled or praised for it.

Nice deflection. Make it about racism and everyone must agree because....political correctness,
The weird thing about your example is we allow one race to use the N word but no other races. Nothing racist about that, right? Lol

I am pretty sure it is illegal in Canada to harass[…]

I like how @Puffer Fish starts these feel good […]

Your definition of race is "clusters" w[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID! I’m trying[…]