Rural white man on how to make rural whites understand Blacks fear of the police - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Sivad wrote:Cops fuck with poor white trash just as much as they fuck with black people. Suburban liberals and poor blacks think it's about race, it's not about race, it's about class. Poor whites know it's not about race because they get fucked with too.

And yet rich white people dont get stopped if they drive an expensive car.
Negotiator wrote:And yet rich white people dont get stopped if they drive an expensive car.

Then I wonder how we get these news articles of famous people being arrested in traffic stops?

The most likely to be targeted by police is a red sports car. Expensive cars are a target, not a free pass.
The argument appears to be that black crime is caused by racism, which will supposedly decrease if they are not policed as harshly. This is a bad argument because we've seen leftist cities which attempted this, crime increases and when crimes committed by blacks increases, it probably only increases racism (it certainly isn't decreasing it) which in turn makes the policy self-defeating according to its own logic.
@One Degree

64% is not enough and having a black mayor does not necessitate that she have minority support.

@Sivad

No, it isn’t. I don’t see how you can’t understand this. While I will be sure to give you sources for the prescience of institutional racism in American society, I will have you know that institutional racism pervades American society.

The 1960s were not the era of institutional racism and there was very little done on the basis of civil rights at the time.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

64% is not enough and having a black mayor does not necessitate that she have minority support.

@Sivad

No, it isn’t. I don’t see how you can’t understand this. While I will be sure to give you sources for the prescience of institutional racism in American society, I will have you know that institutional racism pervades American society.

The 1960s were not the era of institutional racism and there was very little done on the basis of civil rights at the time.

Then what the hell do you require before minorities are responsible for their own community? Their leader is Black and they are the majority. When do you stop being a helpless minority?
@One Degree

1. Baltimore isn't the capital of "blacks" and anything that happens in Baltimore certainly does not effect the treatment of minorities elsewhere in the US.

2. Baltimore's crime rate is better than it was before Catherine Pugh became mayor so clearly they're doing something right and minorities are doing their best to lower the crime rate

3. Most of Baltimore's crime rate can be attributed to it's police department which has famously been corrupt. There's an entire wikipedia page on this corruption:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore ... #Criticism

4. They aren't a helpless minority in Baltimore and are fixing their own problems. The issue is not with Baltimore but with other cities in which minorities don't have the same power in terms of population.

@Suntzu

Despite the fact that, for most of it's history, it has been ruled by white minorities and has, only recently, had blacks ruling over Baltimore. That's kicking a kids sandcastle down and saying that the kid has always been bad a building sandcastles because it fell down. It's retarded and autistic as fuck.

1. Baltimore isn't the capital of "blacks" and anything that happens in Baltimore certainly does not effect the treatment of minorities elsewhere in the US.

2. Baltimore's crime rate is better than it was before Catherine Pugh became mayor so clearly they're doing something right and minorities are doing their best to lower the crime rate

3. Most of Baltimore's crime rate can be attributed to it's police department which has famously been corrupt. There's an entire wikipedia page on this corruption:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore ... #Criticism

4. They aren't a helpless minority in Baltimore and are fixing their own problems. The issue is not with Baltimore but with other cities in which minorities don't have the same power in terms of population.

@Suntzu

Despite the fact that, for most of it's history, it has been ruled by white minorities and has, only recently, had blacks ruling over Baltimore. That's kicking a kids sandcastle down and saying that the kid has always been bad a building sandcastles because it fell down. It's retarded and autistic as fuck.

That’s fine but you are still admitting you were entirely wrong about Baltimore and have moved on to “it is still true in other cities.” Maybe you should look up who the mayors are of different US cities. If Blacks are powerless politically then why are Republicans desperate to win them over and Democrats desperate to keep them? Why is every city government in the country anxious to work with community leaders? Why do Democrats openly admit the election depends on getting minority voters out?
As already stated, your view of America apparently comes from media propaganda and that has nothing to do with reality. Minorities are not barricaded in slums. They inhabit every area of our society. You may have noticed we had a minority president and have minority Congress people.The stereotypes from the media tell you nothing about realty.

Edit: @Oxymandias My opinion on why there is so much confusion on these issue is because the Democrats lost their way. They had already won all the issues they are still campaigning. They did not know what else to do so they just keep ‘beating dead horses’. That is why they must become so extremist.
@One Degree

That’s fine but you are still admitting you were entirely wrong about Baltimore and have moved on to “it is still true in other cities.”

I asked for information on Baltimore's demographics. I never stated, definitively, that Baltimore was not majority black. I didn't move on to other cities, I responded to your implication that, because Baltimore is run by a black mayor, minorities have no reason to complain which is ridiculous when you consider that Baltimore isn't even a city with the both the largest black population and isn't respective of the struggles of all other blacks in America.

If Blacks are powerless politically then why are Republicans desperate to win them over and Democrats desperate to keep them?

Because they want votes, the more the merrier. Republicans have not been trying to win them over at all. If they are, they certainly aren't doing a particularly good job.

Why is every city government in the country anxious to work with community leaders?

Yes, you clearly have proof of this. There is no nation-wide initiative to work with community leaders. Blacks don't even have community leaders most of the time. There are only black community leaders in cities where blacks make up a majority of the city's population. This isn't the case in New York, this isn't the case, San Francisco, this isn't the case in Philadelphia, this isn't the case in Trenton, etc. This itself is a lie.

Why do Democrats openly admit the election depends on getting minority voters out?

Proof? I'm just curious.

As already stated, your view of America apparently comes from media propaganda and that has nothing to do with reality.

My first exposure to American culture came from an alt-right website on the internet (although I did not know it was an alt-right website at the time). It was this website alone which made me become slightly revolted at American culture. I need media propaganda to inform my beliefs. Conservative propaganda itself is revolting enough.

Minorities are not barricaded in slums.

For the most part they are. Ghettos are an issue. Simply because you have never seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

They inhabit every area of our society.

Some areas more than others.

You may have noticed we had a minority president and have minority Congress people.

Obama won by a very small margin and was given higher standards than any white president before him (or after him) and even after he met those standards to the best of his ability he was still vilified by a majority of the American population. Every failure made by him was seen as the end of the world. Every success, just dumb luck.

In regards to your minority Congressmen remark, do you not know how Congress works? The fact that minorities make up only a minority of congress basically means that there is non reason for them to be there.
Edit: @Oxymandias My opinion on why there is so much confusion on these issue is because the Democrats lost their way. They had already won all the issues they are still campaigning. They did not know what else to do so they just keep ‘beating dead horses’. That is why they must become so extremist.

They have lost their way from the very beginning as did Republicans.
Oxymandias wrote:They have lost their way from the very beginning as did Republicans.

Democrats have no way of keeping the Black vote other than convincing them “whitey is still out to get them”.
It’s bullshit.The average white person in the US has no interest in harming minorities. It is an outdated lie propagated for the minority vote.
I don’t go to Alt right media. No wonder your have such preposterous views. I live in Indianapolis in Indiana. Indiana is a very conservative state. Indianapolis is a combined city/county government. 30% is Black. We have a very active and effective community leadership/government relationship. Please don’t lecture me on my lack of knowledge of cities and minorities in the US from your distant vantage point.
I have attended schools that were 50% Black. I taught inner city kids for 17 years. I grew up on the divide between white and black and interacted with both. I have spent 70 years in the racial environment, yet you decide I know nothing because the media told you a different story. Well, enjoy your self righteous fantasies.

Edit: @Oxymandias Even the history you are told of the US racial issues is highly distorted. A trivia tidbit, did you know the first settlers in Washington state were a mixed race couple? A Black man and his white wife led a group of white settlers.
Last edited by One Degree on 19 Oct 2018 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
@One Degree

Democrats have no way of keeping the Black vote other than convincing them “whitey is still out to get them”.
It’s bullshit.The average white person in the US has no interest in harming minorities. It is an outdated lie propagated for the minority vote.
I don’t go to Alt right media. No wonder your have such preposterous views. I live in Indianapolis in Indiana. Indiana is a very conservative state. Indianapolis is a combined city/county government. 30% is Black. We have a very active and effective community leadership/government relationship. Please don’t lecture me on my lack of knowledge of cities and minorities in the US from your distant vantage point.
I have attended schools that were 50% Black. I taught inner city kids for 17 years. I grew up on the divide between white and black and interacted with both. I have spent 70 years in the racial environment, yet you decide I know nothing because the media told you a different story. Well, enjoy your self righteous fantasies.

It's not that serious.

Furthermore, the point isn't that white people go out of their way to harm minorities, it's that institutions harm minorities. Whether they are self-aware or not, minorities are harmed by the institutions of America and this leads to their overall low living conditions. I don't care about Democrats or Republicans. I know that they're both ridiculously stupid. I don't listen or watch American media and I mostly read from American academic studies and articles. The alt-right remark of mine was explaining that I have more exposure to conservative propaganda than liberal propaganda thus, my views aren't informed by the latter and are more likely to be influenced by the former.

It's not that serious.

Furthermore, the point isn't that white people go out of their way to harm minorities, it's that institutions harm minorities. Whether they are self-aware or not, minorities are harmed by the institutions of America and this leads to their overall low living conditions. I don't care about Democrats or Republicans. I know that they're both ridiculously stupid. I don't listen or watch American media and I mostly read from American academic studies and articles. The alt-right remark of mine was explaining that I have more exposure to conservative propaganda than liberal propaganda thus, my views aren't informed by the latter and are more likely to be influenced by the former.

Alt right does not present the conservative view. ‘Institutionalized racism’ is the ‘big lie’. You can’t see it. You can’t prove it. It is perfect for keeping fear of racist alive to deliver those minority votes. You can’t even argue against it because it admits you can’t find it. It is perfect propaganda. As a past hiring manager, I know it is total bullshit. There has long been a demand for minority workers due to social, political, and legal pressure.
Again, the Dems had already won this issue. All the laws were passed. How do they keep their minority coalition once all the laws are passed? The answer was genius. They invent invisible racism. The simple truth is the Democratic Party collapse the moment Blacks quit believing whites are out to get them. Even white hate was getting a little iffy, so they threw in the police.
Hong Wu wrote:The argument appears to be that black crime is caused by racism, which will supposedly decrease if they are not policed as harshly.
No. That statement is a total lie that I'd expect to from a racist.

Racism is a factor in policing of said crimes, and in over-policing of black communities, and excessive punishment in the criminal justice system.

Poverty is the overwhelming root factor of crime, and seeing as some black communities are often impoverished, there is an above average level of crime in black communities.
Poverty is not an excuse for violent crime, especially today. Poverty today does not mean going without food or a place to live. Just another outdated excuse. I can go to a food pantry and get a weeks supply of food. I can do this at different pantries 4 times a week in my immediate area. This is in addition to our safety net. What excuse does so called poverty give them today?
One Degree wrote:Poverty is not an excuse for violent crime, especially today.
You're quite clueless, if you think this. Crushing poverty and hopelessness is the only excuse for crime, yet the rich commit crimes daily without recourse from the law. By 'excuse' I mean cause.

Most people who have enough, don't commit crimes.

One Degree wrote:I can go to a food pantry and get a weeks supply of food. I can do this at different pantries 4 times a week in my immediate area.
:roll: Then you're not fucking poor. You are impoverished only in empathy, compassion and knowledge.

One Degree wrote:What excuse does so called poverty give them today?
The same excuse that poverty has always given people. That you can't see that is a flaw in you, not them.

Do some reading. Climb out of that pit of ignorance that you currently live in.

The Effects of Poverty on the Brain
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -the-brain

How Poverty Affects the Brain and Behavior
https://www.psychologicalscience.org/ob ... d-behavior
Godstud wrote:You're quite clueless, if you think this. Crushing poverty and hopelessness is the only excuse for crime, yet the rich commit crimes daily without recourse from the law. By 'excuse' I mean cause.

Most people who have enough, don't commit crimes.

:roll: Then you're not fucking poor. You are impoverished only in empathy, compassion and knowledge.

The same excuse that poverty has always given people. That you can't see that is a flaw in you, not them.

Do some reading. Climb out of that pit of ignorance that you currently live in.

The Effects of Poverty on the Brain
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -the-brain

How Poverty Affects the Brain and Behavior
https://www.psychologicalscience.org/ob ... d-behavior

The first article is theoretical. It states 15% of people in the US do not have the income level to fully provide basic needs and this would have negative results. But, we supplement their income level today so those problems don’t occur. In short, the article was propaganda disguised as science because it was deliberately misleading. Please show me 15% of our population without food and shelter?
The second article was on lack of intellectual stimulation in the homes of the poor. This is true regardless of your income.
Even if I were dumb enough to accept these articles at face value, why do you say they only effect Black poor communities?

Edit: @Godstud Actually, the second article basically says the poor have problems because the poor are not very bright to begin with and therefore don’t supply the intellectual stimulation.
@One Degree

Alt right does not present the conservative view.

They associate themselves with conservatives, worship traditional values, build upon conservative ideologies, and support most of the same stuff as regular conservatives. For all intents and purpose, they do represent some kind of conservative view.

Institutionalized racism’ is the ‘big lie’

Then it’s certainly a well-researched and well-evidenced lie with great deals of grounding in the real world.

You can’t see it.

Just because you can’t see it doesn’t it doesn’t exist. Just because you haven’t experienced institutional racism doesn’t mean no one has ever seen it or felt it. Certainly the minorities who complain about it have seen it and have been effected by it. They also couldn’t possibly be all Democrat propagandists.

You can’t prove it.

On the contrary it has already been proven.

It is perfect for keeping fear of racist alive to deliver those minority votes.

Minorities don’t vote Democrat because of propaganda. They do so because the opposing party not only does not care about them, but is consistently attempting to undermine them.

You can’t even argue against it because it admits you can’t find it

I have literally been arguing against it for these past posts. If you want proof, I’m currently on mobile typing this which explains my lack of links and sources as well as the occasional spelling errors here and there.

As a past hiring manager, I know it is total bullshit. There has long been a demand for minority workers due to social, political, and legal pressure.

The reason why institutional racism isn’t present under your jurisdiction is because it’s your jurisdiction. You’re an upstanding man and thus aren’t succumbed to racism. However other firms, both public and private, do have characteristics of institutional racism.

Institutional racism isn’t just about hiring, it’s about bias towards specific minorities in social institutions. It’s much more broad than just a business owner hiring a white guy over a black guy due to race.

How do they keep their minority coalition once all the laws are passed? The answer was genius. They invent invisible racism.

You can’t just make invisible racism. Racism can be known to exist based on its effects on others. If there was no racism and the Democratic Party was simply making it up, they won’t get minority votes. This is because minorities themselves haven’t experienced any racism if this was the case. Except it isn’t, many minorities are speaking again racism so much so that they couldn’t be all spreading propaganda and minorities are relating to their stories based upon their own experiences.

The simple truth is the Democratic Party collapse the moment Blacks quit believing whites are out to get them. Even white hate was getting a little iffy, so they threw in the police.

I doubt it. The two parties are self-sufficient.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster I will never vote for Biden ever. That[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Losing money is one thing, losing a whole brigade[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Wait a moment, I'll just quickly pick up the weapo[…]