Rural white man on how to make rural whites understand Blacks fear of the police - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Lies and propaganda nonsense. There is not an unjustified shooting of a minority every week. To say minorities have no control over local elections is nonsense. They would not all be governed by Democrats if that were true. Community outreach programs to let the people know their police officers is common and a major focus today. This guy was a great example of ‘repeating lies enough and everyone accepts them as truth’.
@Suntzu

Do you have any statistics which prove that?

@One Degree

A rural American white guy talking about inter-city minorities has no reason to incentive to lie or spread propaganda. I think you shouldn’t be too quick to claim that otherwise upstanding people are liars or propagandists.

Minorities do not make up a majority of Democrats and most Democrats, like Republicans, are white. Cities are predominantly Democrats because of the culture of their white populations not due to the prominence of minorities.

Community outreach programs have failed to rejuvenate trust of law enforcement among minorities and it isn’t a major focus in American politics as of late at all.

To assume he is not only wrong but slander him as a liar or propagandist is disrespectful of you to your fellow human being.

Furthermore, the none of what he is saying is common at all. He isn’t saying that there are random shootings of blacks by cops every day, he’s explaining why minorities distrust cops and how rural Americans can relate to that. You’re blowing this out of proportion.
I think that we need to start racially profiling white men in high income neighborhoods. They are more likely to commit financial crimes like fraud, embezzlement, tax cheating, etc than poor black people. We need to tag them for special tax audits.

A rural American white guy talking about inter-city minorities has no reason to incentive to lie or spread propaganda.

These people frequently believe that scientists are politically biased. Stop trying.
Oxymandias wrote:@Suntzu

@One Degree

A rural American white guy talking about inter-city minorities has no reason to incentive to lie or spread propaganda. I think you shouldn’t be too quick to claim that otherwise upstanding people are liars or propagandists.

Minorities do not make up a majority of Democrats and most Democrats, like Republicans, are white. Cities are predominantly Democrats because of the culture of their white populations not due to the prominence of minorities.

Community outreach programs have failed to rejuvenate trust of law enforcement among minorities and it isn’t a major focus in American politics as of late at all.

To assume he is not only wrong but slander him as a liar or propagandist is disrespectful of you to your fellow human being.

Furthermore, the none of what he is saying is common at all. He isn’t saying that there are random shootings of blacks by cops every day, he’s explaining why minorities distrust cops and how rural Americans can relate to that. You’re blowing this out of proportion.

@Suntzu
You are asking me to prove a negative. He claimed there is an UNJUSTIFIED shooting of a minority every week. If you want to support his statement, then you need to provide irrefutable facts.
@Oxymandias
I explained lies in my last statement. Just because he believes it is true does not mean it is not a lie.
I did not call him a liar, I said they were lies and they are. The media pushes these lies not stop and so do liberals.
I am sorry most of you seem incapable of seeing how much of what we are told to believe is simply not true.
Yes, white liberals control the cities but only because the minorities believe their propaganda.
If I walk around (my very safe neighborhood) and say to everyone I meet that it sure seems like we have a lot more crime. Within a week, I guarantee you it will become a major concern for people.
That is what is being done to minorities about police shootings.
@Zagadka

These people frequently believe that scientists are politically biased. Stop trying.

One Degree is talking about left wing propaganda. A white rural American has no incentive to spread “leftist propaganda”.

@One Degree

Except that this guy is coming into these beliefs by himself. He’s a white rural American who presumably is also a farmer. The society around him reinforces the same exact beliefs you hold. If he’s going to believe this stuff, he’s going to make up his own mind on it.

I’m not told anything. You’re told whatever stuff you think you’re told but I come to my own conclusions.

You honestly don’t have proof of that. Furthermore, you’re assuming that minorities are stupid and don’t know their own interests which is absolutely wrong. Even an idiot knows what is his best interests and minorities are far from being idiots. If you think that Democrats really care about holding corrupt cops accountable or helping minorities you clearly are too submerged in partisanship and ignorant on the actual history of the two parties of the US and their current agendas.

You don’t even have evidence of that. Furthermore your environment and your experiences are 100x different than an African American’s so implying that it’s basically the same thing is very disingenuous of you.
Except that this guy is coming into these beliefs by himself. He’s a white rural American who presumably is also a farmer. The society around him reinforces the same exact beliefs you hold. If he’s going to believe this stuff, he’s going to make up his own mind on it.

No he isn’t. They have mass media in the country. He is as susceptible to propaganda as anyone else.
I doubt he and I share very many common beliefs based on his comments.

I’m not told anything. You’re told whatever stuff you think you’re told but I come to my own conclusions.

I like to think of myself as an individual thinker too, but that is not possible for either of us. I think what we actually mean is we try hard to understand.
You honestly don’t have proof of that. Furthermore, you’re assuming that minorities are stupid and don’t know their own interests which is absolutely wrong. Even an idiot knows what is his best interests and minorities are far from being idiots. If you think that Democrats really care about holding corrupt cops accountable or helping minorities you clearly are too submerged in partisanship and ignorant on the actual history of the two parties of the US and their current agendas.

Proof of what? I think all humans are stupid, not just minorities. We are gullible and easily manipulated in our thoughts and actions.
So you agree Democrats intentions toward minorities are not what they pretend?

You don’t even have evidence of that. Furthermore your environment and your experiences are 100x different than an African American’s so implying that it’s basically the same thing is very disingenuous of you.

Apparently you don’t recall details of my different environments I have posted. My experiences are not the same as anyone. My experiences are closer to some minorities than to some whites. You are stereotyping which is why many complaints based upon race today simply are not true. Another lie many accept. Most of us have more in common with people of the same income level than we do based upon race. You don’t find much racial tension in wealthy neighborhoods but they have a higher percentage complaining about it.
I live in section 8 housing. The family housing part is multiracial. I live in the adjacent senior housing which is almost entirely white. No one is afraid to freely walk anywhere even at night. The police have never fired a gun here and we rarely need to call them. Everyone gets along fine. We all have very limited income. The stereotypes don’t tell the truth.

Edit: Just to make sure I am making myself clear. Minority fear of the police is real, but it is not realistic. For the vast majority, the fear was instilled by the media and not by theor own reality. There simply are not enough police shootings in any city to justify realistic fear. The stats clearly show the fear to be unrealistic unless you are a criminal resisting arrest.
@One Degree

The society which surrounds is more important than any social media. Also, I said that his society not himself. There is a distinction.

Except in my case I’m Iranian so I have to go into this stuff making my own conclusions since American politics and culture is alien to me.

Nope, because you haven’t proved that. Either way it doesn’t matter to me. I’m not American and both Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same to me. However I do have standards and I don’t believe anything without proof.

How can you be sure that your experiences are similar to a minorities when you’ve never been a minority? How can you be sure it’s all lies if you have never lived in the same environment where cop killings are common? That’s like me saying my experiences are closer to some Europeans than Iranians and thus the idea that terrorism and immigration are issues is a lie. Not only would such a claim be ridiculous, it would also be plain ignorant.

Although the part about income level matter a bit more is true. However you are underestimating the effects of racism and skepticism towards minorities in a country.

That’s far from the environment that breeds distrust of law enforcement and cop killings. If you live in a safe neighborhood with accountable law enforcement then you clearly aren’t living in the environment the man in the video is talking about.

@One Degree

No. Do you know the ethnic makeup of the governing bodies of majority Black cities like New Orleans or Baltimore.
@Sivad

ITT: People think racism isn't an issue.

Racism is just as much of a product of class divide as any other disparity in our social structures. To imply that it is meaningless is to fail to address a fundamental insecurity in our society. You can't begin to address American class struggle without addressing racism towards African Americans. It is a complicated and difficult subject, but it is a topic worth discussing.

I doubt you do. Furthermore, most claims of cop killings (to my knowledge) don’t come from either of those cities.

Baltimore is one of the top cities for racial unrest. I am starting to think you do not have a very clear picture of the US. I know Atlanta has a Black majority. I thought Baltimore did also, but not sure.

No one said racism did not exist, but it is nothing like what the media portrays.
Oxymandias wrote:
Racism is just as much of a product of class divide as any other disparity in our social structures. To imply that it is meaningless is to fail to address a fundamental insecurity in our society. You can't begin to address American class struggle without addressing racism towards African Americans. It is a complicated and difficult subject, but it is a topic worth discussing.

Even if that is true it doesn't matter because the solution is the same for racism and classism. Greater social, economic, and political enfranchisement for the poor and working class. Give people that and they'll take care of the rest.
@One Degree

Baltimore is one of the top cities for racial unrest. I am starting to think you do not have a very clear picture of the US. I know Atlanta has a Black majority. I thought Baltimore did also, but not sure.

Then I doubt that blacks have significant political influence there. Baltimore is also has high income inequality.

@Sivad

Even if that is true it doesn't matter because the solution is the same for racism and classism. Greater social, economic, and political enfranchisement for the poor and working class. Give people that and they'll take care of the rest.

Except that if we don't address race then we just devolve our current society into a caste system rather than a society with fluid social mobility and no class distinction.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

Then I doubt that blacks have significant political influence there. Baltimore is also has high income inequality.

@Sivad

Except that if we don't address race then we just devolve our current society into a caste system rather than a society with fluid social mobility and no class distinction.

Baltimore has a Black woman mayor and 64% of the population is Black.
Oxymandias wrote:Except that if we don't address race then we just devolve our current society into a caste system rather than a society with fluid social mobility and no class distinction.

We've already addressed race. Institutional racism has been over for decades, if anything we have institutional identitarianism these days. What's left to be addressed? You people seem to think we're still living in the 1960s, like minorities don't have basic equality and we're gonna have a whites only welfare state. It's total bullshit.
Zagadka wrote:These people frequently believe that scientists are politically biased. Stop trying.

So let me get this straight, you believe that when someone puts on their scientist hat they stop being a human being and become a perfectly rational and objective arbiter of empirical reality, and I'm the crank? :knife:
Yes, when 98% of tens of thousands of people who have devoted their lives to studying specific events, I tend to believe them. When internet people blame everything on a deep state, I shrug.

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]