12 Reasons why I no Longer Support President Trump - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

1. He's made zero progress towards building the wall - It has been two full years now that Trump has been in office and we have been waiting. One of the biggest campaign promises he made which got him elected was that he would build a great wall at the Mexican border. Not only has he not built the wall, but he has done absolutely nothing to even get it started. Not a single brick has been lain. What the hell? Worse yet, he has asked to borrow taxpayer money to pay for the construction of the wall, after promising us that he would get Mexico to pay for it. Now he's saying that he will get Mexico to reimburse this money after he borrows it. What a load of shit. He already broke one promise and now he expects us to believe he will follow through on this one? Whether or not you like the idea of a wall, you have to admit that it's very dishonorable to make a huge promise just to get elected and then not follow through with your promise. It shows that he's a complete fucking liar.

2. He has shown little or no concern for our veterans - Our veterans are the forgotten heroes. 300 veterans commit suicide every day. What has Donald Trump done to help them get the care they need? All he has done is issued a single weak, half-hearted statement about veterans with PTSD. Our vets deserve much better.

3. He is completely unaware of human rights issues around the globe - After Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-un, Trump came out and stated that he trusts this man. Not a single word was given about the atrocious treatment of the people under his regime. Right now there are people suffering in the most horrible conditions imaginable in North Korea. I have looked into these prison labor camps and seen what these people go through every day. They are starved and tortured. A holocaust survivor described the conditions there as being WORSE than Auschwitz, and I believe it. The truth is, Kim Jong-un is a subhuman monster who should be assassinated, or at the very least removed from his position of power. Donald Trump has the power and the means to do this if only he would put his mind to it. That he has done nothing about this horrible situation is completely inexcusable.

4. He has openly advocated and condoned the use of torture - When asked about the use of waterboarding, Trump said that he supports it, and added that he would further implement torture that is "much worse". Putting aside the fact that the very idea of torture in a civilized world should be unthinkable, it has been widely known that it is a wholly ineffective means of interrogation. No reliable information can be achieved through the use of torture, as the torture victim will say anything they must in order to make it stop. Also, there's no question about whether waterboarding is fact torture...everyone who has been waterboarded will attest that it is.

5. He is spending money that he doesn't have - To be fair, Donald Trump is not unique in this area, as many presidents before him have been running up the national debt via the same circle of borrowing/spending money that isn't there. Obama was far worse in this regard to be sure. That said, the national debt has still gone up under Trump because he is doing no better a job at his finances. The country needs someone who will fix the financial crisis NOW. He has not succeeded in reversing the downward spiral in this trend, and has thereby failed in this regard.

6. He lacks human decency and compassion - In the time that Trump has been in office, a number of horrible and tragic events have took place. In none of these instances have I seen the man express any genuine, heartfelt condolences towards the victims of these various tragedies. After watching the way he half-heartedly expressed himself on live television in regards to the victims of Hurricane Michael, I knew something was seriously wrong with this man. You can see and hear the complete lack of sincerity in his face and in his words. It's like he's not quite a real human being, more like some kind of sociopath.

7. He is incapable of relating to the common man - Similar to the previous reason, Donald Trump has for too long lived a life of comfort and luxury, and is therefore totally incapable of knowing or understanding the struggle that the common working man has to go through. Most Americans struggle and have to work hard every day, but because Trump does not, he is ill-equipped to offer help and support in this area. He is more interested in helping those in his social class and income status, that is, the upper 1%. Meanwhile the other 99% are still struggling very hard every day while Donald Trump is the president.

8. He has not matured sexually - It's perfectly normal and to be expected for a young man in his teens or twenties to behave in ways that we might deem as inappropriate due to his sexual hormones firing off combined with a lack of experience and maturity. A young man can get away with "locker room talk". But when you're over the age of 50 and you're still acting that way, that's just fucked up. A man is expected to grow and mature as time goes on. Having and maintaining a strong sexual drive is a good thing, a wonderful thing, but it's the way you go about it, how your express it, that says something about your character. It's also NOT OK to express sexual attraction towards your own daughter. That shit is pretty fucking disturbing to say the least.

9. He had dinner with Kanye West - I have no idea why Trump felt it was worth spending his valuable time as President with this complete fucking douchebag. And then to televise the meeting right there in the White House, and to give this dummy a chance to speak his mind about national issues as if his opinion had any merit to it whatsoever; that is truly an embarrassment and an insult to the entire nation.

10. He lied about Brett Kavanaugh's hearing - Donald Trump is correct to say that a person should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. This is of course a very important tenet of our justice system. However, he told an outright lie when he stated that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent", and then went ahead and prematurely deemed the case closed without further investigation. It was totally unnecessary to lie, as it would have been impossible for anyone to actually prove that he was guilty. The right thing he should have done is to at least allow an FBI investigation which would have come up with nothing, and only then move on and appoint the man. But he instead decided to lie about it, which was just dumb.

11. He has shown that he has no understanding of the U.S. Constitution - The 14th amendment expressly states in no uncertain terms that all persons who are born within the United States are considered legal U.S. citizens. It's not up for interpretation. Trump has suggested that in spite of the very clear wording of the Constitution, there is still somehow a way for him to be allowed to deport people who were born here, including even innocent children. By attempting to violate the document that you swore to uphold, you are committing an act of treason, one of the highest crimes thinkable as President of the United States.

12. He didn't really win the 2016 election - Rigorous investigation from hundreds of experts within our CIA have found conclusive proof that Russia interfered in our presidential election. You can dismiss one or two claims of collusion, but you can't dismiss facts. Literally all who have conducted a thorough investigation on the matter have concluded beyond any shadow of a doubt that there existed collusion between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.
Well lets begin with #1; you do realize this is not his fault but Republicans (his own party) who stalled him in Congress and Senate.

Edit: If you would have followed discussion here on the forum you would have already understood this as it has been discussed here in detail on many occasions.
Agent Steel wrote:In what way am I a liberal?

Your complaints 3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11, and 12 are all liberal talking points and most with no basis in fact.
#3. Trump has done nothing to help the people who are suffering under Kim Jon-un's rule. That is a FACT.
#4. Trump's statement about torture is on video. That is a FACT.
#5. The debt has increased since Trump took office. That is a FACT.
#6-8...Ok these ones are mostly grounded in opinion, I'll concede that
#10. Brett Kavanaugh was never proven innocent. Thus it is a FACT that Donald Trump told a lie.
#11. By attempting to deport native citizens he is breaking the constitution and the law. That is a FACT.
#12. Nearly all of our intelligence experts say that Trump colluded with Russia. That is a FACT.
1. He's made zero progress towards building the wall - I expected this to take his full two terms even without Democrat bastardry. This is a massive project. Why would you have expected NOT to take this long? I expect he's going to be pushing this through towards the 2020 election at the earliest.

2. He has shown little or no concern for our veterans -

He had those two hospitals built.

3. He is completely unaware of human rights issues around the globe - Most world leaders are! Usually their Wife or Husband is the one aware of the human rights problems because they are free to travel around. What has Melania been doing the whole.... Visiting poor countries seeing poor people and trying to help them. She's one of the best First Ladies ever.

4. He has openly advocated and condoned the use of torture - He has been pro-military since he began his election campaign. Not really a shock

5. He is spending money that he doesn't have - every President does this!

6. He lacks human decency and compassion - No, he expresses it in his manner.

7. He is incapable of relating to the common man -
Nope. He got elected! Of cause he can relate to the common man.

8. He has not matured sexually -

Most men would be lying if they say they had.

9. He had dinner with Kanye West - Obama took Jerry Seinfeld & Larry David golfing many times.... He hangs with Celebrities who support him, so what? So did Obama!

10. He lied about Brett Kavanaugh's hearing -

Too busy to respond to this point.... Come back in another post.

12. He didn't really win the 2016 election - Yes he did, he's Mr President so he won fair and square!
#3. Trump has done nothing to help the people who are suffering under Kim Jon-un's rule. That is a FACT.
How is that Trump’s responsibility as a nationalist?
#4. Trump's statement about torture is on video. That is a FACT.
So what?
#5. The debt has increased since Trump took office. That is a FACT.
When has it not?
#6-8...Ok these ones are mostly grounded in opinion, I'll concede that
#10. Brett Kavanaugh was never proven innocent. Thus it is a FACT that Donald Trump told a lie.
We don’t prove people innocent in this country.
#11. By attempting to deport native citizens he is breaking the constitution and the law. That is a FACT.
He has done no such thing.
#12. Nearly all of our intelligence experts say that Trump colluded with Russia. That is a FACT.
Read history. It would only be surprising if Russia did not try to influence our elections. No one has shown Trump colluded with Russia. I am guessing you got a lot of these opinions from tweets.
#3 - It most certainly is the responsibility of a man with his amount of power to do something about it. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.
#4 - Thus it shows that his views are abhorrent and wrong. We cannot trust a president who holds such views.
#5 - I already said Trump is not unique in this regard. He gets criticized just as every other president, because that's only fair.
#10 - Exactly, we don't need to prove people innocent. So why then go and claim that he was proven innocent, when that's complete and utter bullshit?
#11 - Yes he has, and now he's attempting to amend the constitution just to implement this disgusting policy
#12 - It would be a major problem if it's true, and that's where all of the evidence points. Collusion has no place in a fair and free election.
Agent Steel wrote:#3 - It most certainly is the responsibility of a man with his amount of power to do something about it. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.
#4 - Thus it shows that his views are abhorrent and wrong. We cannot trust a president who holds such views.
#5 - I already said Trump is not unique in this regard. He gets criticized just as every other president, because that's only fair.
#10 - Exactly, we don't need to prove people innocent. So why then go and claim that he was proven innocent, when that's complete and utter bullshit?
#11 - Yes he has, and now he's attempting to amend the constitution just to implement this disgusting policy
#12 - It would be a major problem if it's true, and that's where all of the evidence points. Collusion has no place in a fair and free election.

I am not interested in debating your liberal views on so many topics at once. You are advocating liberal positions while admitting you have no actual evidence. Why you want to believe you do not hold liberal views is beyond me.
I don't care whether you believe me. Two years ago I voted for Trump because I thought he would do a good job. I don't regret voting him in; I still think he was better than the alternative. But it's now time to vote him out because he has done an awful job. I am open to vote either democrat or republican.

Can a another republican replace a current republican president, or not?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Wouldn't it be nice if Palestine was a state frie[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's sort of the point I was trying to get it. […]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]