Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Throws Support Behind Nancy Pelosi For House Speaker - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Sivad wrote:
These days that's easily a $300k house.

Do you have a source for the implied claim that they bought the house for $300K? It doesn't matter what it costs now, they didn't buy it now. No? Who would have guessed?
Let's see. She is 28, they bought it when she was 5, 28-5 =23. Oh, so it was 23 years ago. And 23 years ago was in about 1995, when Clinton had the economy going good.
And, you did see where her extended family helped with the down payment.
So, your mind is made up and you are going to smear her come hell or high water. Got it.

Written before I saw his reply just above.
Last edited by Steve_American on 26 Nov 2018 02:31, edited 2 times in total.
Anyone should think twice, or rather thrice, before fucking with Nancy Pelosi. She's exactly what Trump and Republicans deserve and the Democrats need, so why cross her ways and make her an enemy while it's time to support her anyway and you can make her an ally too? This is Nancy Pelosi's time and she'll be retired when AOC's become a real politician. I'm also sure Sanders and Pelosi made a deal and AOC just knows her place.
No one will remember who Cortez is in 3 years. She is a current promotional gimmick who will eventually have to go away because she is not ‘world wise’ enough to realize she is not really important other than a puppet. She will try to be ‘somebody’ and anger the wrong people.
I watched a Nancy Pelosi interview on CNN, or somewhere, where she guaranteed she would be Speaker.

On the interview, she spouted off with a bunch of identity politics bullshit.

She is out of touch.

She needs to be replaced.

I read an article that 9 house Democrats voiced opposition to her recently (in addition to the 16 letter signaturees--minus the one defector). Assuming a party-line vote, she can only afford to lose 16.

The Democrats winning the House isn't a victory by Nancy Pelosi.

What kind of nonsense is that?
Let's see if what you posted is true Albert:

Open borders,

We don't have open borders so this is not true.
Terrible trade imbalances with other countries that lead to de-industrialization of US economy,

And again. Deregulation is the darling of the Republican Party. Pelosi is a Democrat. Perhaps you forgot.
deregulation of Wall St that led to the Financial Crisis,

And Pelosi fought for strong controls while the republicans (especially Trump) fought to disassemble the controls we had in place.

foreign interventions that have created more misery then good.

Yes. Bush should never have done what he did. I agree. But wait. He is a republican.

Plus on top of that she is a woman, I'm a traditionalist so, I think women in politics is terrifying also. For same last reason I see Cortez as terrifying also.

Fortunately your misogyny is not common among most of the voters. Your completely irrational fears have nothing to do with "tradition". If you really were a traditionalist you would be calling for Trumps ouster, if for no other reason than the deficit. You are not a small government republican and you are not calling for strong immigration actions. So please do not insult those of us who are conservative by claiming to be one rather than a bigoted fascist.

So in choice between the two I would rather have Cortez in power then her. But I still do not understand how you can not see that this girl is way more inexperienced then Trump to handle the responsibility of power.

Because she at least has studied government and the economy. The only thing Trump has studied is PR.

Because right now she looks like a fun loving New York girl who likes to take selfies walking into a wild west town unknowingly. Or as she calls it "Congress Camp".

Shallow. Very shallow. Ms. Smith goes to Washington. THAT is how you drain the swamp.
Ms. Smith goes to Washington. THAT is how you drain the swamp.

This is a nice sentiment @Drlee , but no one who supports identity politics can drain the swamp. They are stating up front they represent special interests. It makes no difference what the special interest is.
Steve_American wrote:Do you have a source for that? No? Who would have guessed?

The home at the center of the controversy was sold in 2016 for $355,000 according to records on Zillow. Ocasio-Cortez’s brother Gabriel Ocasio-Cortez was the agent who sold the home.
https://www.inman.com/2018/07/03/the-ho ... cal-fight/

So, your mind is made up and you are going to smear her come hell or high water. Got, it.

Pretending to be "of the people" is an old gimmick in politics, she's doing the exact same thing Bush 2 used to do when he would stage photo ops of himself clearing trees with a chainsaw in a pair of wranglers. The first thing to remember about politicians is that they're fucking politicians, fake disingenuous bullshit is their stock in trade.
The home at the center of the controversy was sold in 2016 for $355,000 according to records on Zillow. Ocasio-Cortez’s brother Gabriel Ocasio-Cortez was the agent who sold the home.

What made up controversy are you speaking of? That is a cheap house by local standards. This is an absurd attempt to control dumbasses with another made up crisis.

Idiots.
Drlee wrote:What made up controversy are you speaking of?

It's not made up, the lying politician claimed she was lexa from the block when in fact she's alexandria from the burbs. #stolenvalor

That is a cheap house by local standards.

It is by local standards, by urban poor standards it's a palace in Xanadu.

This is an absurd attempt to control dumbasses with another made up crisis.

It's a cynical attempt by a duplicitous politician to court a specific socio-economic demographic and that dishonest politician is rightfully taking heat for it.

Idiots

Exactly.
It's not made up, the lying politician claimed she was lexa from the block when in fact she's alexandria from the burbs.

Garbage. Read my post above. Then study the probate thing.

Fox News won't have it. Ask your mom to change the channel. :roll:
Sivad wrote:It is by local standards, by urban poor standards it's a palace in Xanadu.

And by Algerian and Congolese standards even my 1 bedroom apartment is a luxurious palace. Please compare apples to apples. Other than locality, an old 2 bedroom small house is not in any way, shape or form an extravaganza or evidence entitlement. Nor is it when most of its value comes from appreciation, that house was not worth close to what it was sold for when it was originally bought. Furthermore, it does not even take into account the actual equity in the house.
Beren wrote:Would you expect some Maoist rhetoric from her, @Crantag? :lol:

Identity politics must remain to hold the blue coalition together, it doesn't conflict with shifting leftwards anyway.

Do you think she won't be Speaker?

She probably will, but I hope not.

I expect from a good politician something other than sound bites. And fuck identity politics. They are cancerous and divisive, in addition to total bullshit.
@Sivad,
COA has not been sworn in yet.
She has made no votes yet.
Not even for Nancy Pelosi, although she did say she would vote for her.[Given that all the other names on the list are further to the right than Pelosi, this is the best of the candidates. And, COA did say she could change her mind if an actual progressive was opposing her.]
Please, lets wait and see how she does.
I do agree with the principal that Progressives should only support real bonafide Progressives, not sell outs like Nancy. Except when there is no Progressive on the ballot.

Not long given the duration of this war.

@ingliz he ignores mixed race people I […]

@late The best response to a far Right like a[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]