Is a border wall "racist"? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

A lot of people seem to think that building a wall is a racist idea but they aren't quite saying this explicitly.

My question specifically is regarding Trump's American/Mexico border wall. Is this idea racist?
How can Trump be racist to a wall? We don’t even no what color it will be. :)
Good for Trump. He refused to sign the bill without funding for the wall. Then there is this interesting article...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-c ... ton-secret

Arguing Trump has never needed permission to build it. He was just willing to be upfront about it.
The wall is not racist. It is simply stupid. Can only stop people that don't know how to use ladders, ropes or even good old climbing. It lends itself for destruction and vandalism that will further draw further resources waste, etc.
Trump abuses the racist rhetoric that's for sure.
The best approach is to revamp our immigration system. Implement smart technologies in the area and commit resources to our Latin American neighbors to aid in their security and development.
Quite right. The notion of a wall is just stupid. It is an ecological disaster that simply will not work. It will not stop immigration or even slow it down. It will certainly not stop drugs in a world of drones. It is an appalling waste of money.

Trump is willing to shut down the government which is fine with me even though I get a goodly portion of my income from the government. Perhaps the republicans will see, once and for all, that he has cost them a lot already and will cost them dearly in 2020. He will be drubbed and take the Senate with him.

My party (republican) has completely lost its moral center. It has become the party of racism, voter suppression, and big spending. Just the opposite of what it once was. It has embraced the dumbest of Americans because they are all that is left to them. They are well and truly fucked.
Drlee wrote:Quite right. The notion of a wall is just stupid. It is an ecological disaster that simply will not work. It will not stop immigration or even slow it down. It will certainly not stop drugs in a world of drones. It is an appalling waste of money.

Trump is willing to shut down the government which is fine with me even though I get a goodly portion of my income from the government. Perhaps the republicans will see, once and for all, that he has cost them a lot already and will cost them dearly in 2020. He will be drubbed and take the Senate with him.

My party (republican) has completely lost its moral center. It has become the party of racism, voter suppression, and big spending. Just the opposite of what it once was. It has embraced the dumbest of Americans because they are all that is left to them. They are well and truly fucked.

I had a less expensive idea. Just shoot all those bastards as they approach the border. That might also serve as a deterrent for others to try illegal entry. :lol:
HalleluYah
I have a better idea: stop destroying the stability of Central American countries, supporting coups, propping up violent military dictatorships, and creating power vacuums that can only be filled by drug cartels and then using the drug war as an excuse to crush political opponents in said countries. Maybe then people wouldn't have so many reasons to desperately flee their homes to come to a place filled with compassion-less assholes.
Red_Army wrote:I have a better idea: stop destroying the stability of Central American countries, supporting coups, propping up violent military dictatorships, and creating power vacuums that can only be filled by drug cartels and then using the drug war as an excuse to crush political opponents in said countries. Maybe then people wouldn't have so many reasons to desperately flee their homes to come to a place filled with compassion-less assholes.

President Trump has already advocated for that, however, he keeps getting push back from those that want the U.S. A. to be involved in every countries business as policeman of the world.
Red_Army wrote:He has done nothing of the sort. Pulling out of Syria hasn't lessened American imperialism in Latin America one iota. Plus you conservative morons invented the world police bullshit 20 years ago.

President Trump has also proposed to stop giving those dictators in Central America any more money, but the Democrats will not go along with that. But he does have the authority to pull our troops out of Syria and Afghanistan, which he just said he is going to do. Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:President Trump has also proposed to stop giving those dictators in Central America any more money

Where? Even if he did do this I'll believe it when I see it.

He says a lot of shit and does little, so settle down hoss.
I remember that.

He threatened to cut off foreign aid to El Salvador.

I assume he did not know that this caravan did not include Salvadoreans.

It was amusing.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Actually, he needs the permission of the landowners if he wishes to build on their property.

No, he doesn’t. Eminent domain always wins against homeowners.
Then he needs the permission of whatever court grants eminent domain.

Either way, he has to go and ask someone to let him build the wall hefore he can actually do so.

Everybody is a little bit mixed. That is not wh[…]

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]