Is a border wall "racist"? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Drlee wrote:No. Here is why:

It diverts needed money from real enforcement.

It serves as an alibi against workplace enforcement which is the only effective enforcement.

It does absolutely nothing to stop the flow of asylum seekers.

It is an ecological nightmare which will most certainly spell the end of many species of animals. It will, for example spell the end of the Mexican Jaguar and Gray wolf.

It will be an economic disaster for the Rio Grande Valley which acquires half a billion dollars from wildlife watchers who will literally have little to watch.

At the end of the day, the wall is one of the most monumentally stupid ideas that has ever been proposed in America. It is only supported by people either too stupid or too lazy to learn the facts about it.

But perhaps the most disgusting thing about it is that it is being considered only because of incredible cynicism and cowardice by the republican party. They would waste this massive amount of money and destroy all of the species simply because they would not risk the backlash from their owners (the rich) when they find their supply of low wage slaves deported and had to pay native born Americans real wages.

I am going to keep hammering the stupidity of the wall supporters forever. They simply will not look at the facts. They whine about the downward push on wages by immigrant workers and steadfastly refuse to do anything real about it...You know. Like enforce the laws against hiring illegal aliens.

What race does it mean to keep out? There four races in America. Whites, blacks, Asians and scapegoats.

Sorry, I replied to this point by point, but I don’t see my reply now. It doesn’t divert money if it is budgeted separately. The wall r4duces labor costs. There are no protected ‘ecological corridors ‘ now and it won’t affect the jaguars anyway since they are native to further South areas and are threatened by events there, not in the US.
There are no protected ‘ecological corridors ‘ now and it won’t affect the jaguars anyway since they are native to further South areas and are threatened by events there, not in the US

Well this is categorically untrue. Do try a little research.
Drlee wrote:Well this is categorically untrue. Do try a little research.

I know a complaint of wildlife preservationists is all the preserves in the US are isolated without connecting corridors. If you are aware of a protected corridor for wolves and jaguars, please refer me to it. I read about the jaguars being endangered before anyone mentioned a wall, so it makes no sense to blame the wall.
I read about the jaguars being endangered before anyone mentioned a wall, so it makes no sense to blame the wall.

Honestly OD. Do you really believe that this is a logical conclusion at all?

Let me give you an example of your reasoning.

There are 10 lakes. In the lakes lives the Blue Fish. 9 of them are infected with the dreaded BF virus killing all of the Blue Fish in them. Now only one lake remains and it has all of the Blue Fish in it. By your reasoning I could posit this: "Most of the Blue Fish were dead before we decided to drain the remaining lake. It makes no sense to blame draining the last lake for the loss of the Blue Fish.

Come on OD. Why can't you just admit that there are good reasons not to build the wall? Would that kill you to admit it? Yes it would because your thinking is so tribal and you are so committed to Trump that you can't imagine that his centerpiece issue was a huge load of shit aimed at bigots.
Drlee wrote:Honestly OD. Do you really believe that this is a logical conclusion at all?

Let me give you an example of your reasoning.

There are 10 lakes. In the lakes lives the Blue Fish. 9 of them are infected with the dreaded BF virus killing all of the Blue Fish in them. Now only one lake remains and it has all of the Blue Fish in it. By your reasoning I could posit this: "Most of the Blue Fish were dead before we decided to drain the remaining lake. It makes no sense to blame draining the last lake for the loss of the Blue Fish.

Come on OD. Why can't you just admit that there are good reasons not to build the wall? Would that kill you to admit it? Yes it would because your thinking is so tribal and you are so committed to Trump that you can't imagine that his centerpiece issue was a huge load of shit aimed at bigots.

Then give me good reasons instead of what appear to be made up stuff. The ‘10th lake’ you refer to for jaguars would be in Central America, not the Rio Grande. There is also no reason a wildlife corridor can not be included in the wall and monitored, but I doubt this is necessary. I am not a migratory expert and am sure there is lots of information that I don’t know, but this sounds very flimsy to me.
One Degree wrote:Then give me good reasons instead of what appear to be made up stuff. The ‘10th lake’ you refer to for jaguars would be in Central America, not the Rio Grande. There is also no reason a wildlife corridor can not be included in the wall and monitored, but I doubt this is necessary. I am not a migratory expert and am sure there is lots of information that I don’t know, but this sounds very flimsy to me.

I agree with you. Drlee makes no sense. I believe he has caught the dreaded Trump derangement syndrome.
Hindsite wrote:I agree with you. Drlee makes no sense. I believe he has caught the dreaded Trump derangement syndrome.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar
This wiki article says the jaguars are already gone from the US. You can hardly blame an unbuilt wall for something that has already happened.
One Degree wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar
This wiki article says the jaguars are already gone from the US. You can hardly blame an unbuilt wall for something that has already happened.

I would think they would at least have some jaguars in our many zoos.
. I am not a migratory expert and am sure there is lots of information that I don’t know,

I am sure of that too. You and Hindsite are trolls. I say that to be generous. The alternative would be too insulting. Instead of posting, why don't you do some credible research like the rest of us did.
Hindsite wrote:I would think they would at least have some jaguars in our many zoos.

Jaguars don’t reproduce well in captivity. The females cycle adapts to stress and food supply. It is also believed the male moves far way after mating to prevent inbreeding which creates problems with jaguar populations.
One Degree wrote:Jaguars don’t reproduce well in captivity. The females cycle adapts to stress and food supply. It is also believed the male moves far way after mating to prevent inbreeding which creates problems with jaguar populations.

Is there any reason that we actually need jaguars roaming around loose in the United State?
What about the Jacksonville Jaguars? :lol:
But seriously, doesn't the Jacksonville Zoo still have jaguars?
Hindsite wrote:Is there any reason that we actually need jaguars roaming around loose in the United State?
What about the Jacksonville Jaguars? :lol:
But seriously, doesn't the Jacksonville Zoo still have jaguars?

Not really I guess, but I would like huge areas of the world protected from humans. We are very destructive and there is little need for us to live in a lot of these areas.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-h ... e-officers

This is happening in the country you want open borders with. Drug cartels videotaping themselves ambushing police.
We have just started seeing arrests in my area of MS 13 members responsible for crimes. Blinding yourselves to reality with the idealism that all illegals are ‘poor unfortunates’ is utter stupidity.
Our border needs closed. The US does not need more than 300 million people. We are facing an overpopulation crisis and inviting it to the US is insanity.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, high levels of gang violence is evidence that these people are not fleeing high levels of gang violence?

I never claimed they weren’t. I don’t accept it as a reason for asylum. I also don’t accept we can tell the difference between a gang member and those fleeing gangs. I don’t want neighbors who are willing to allow gangs to run them off either. Gangs are fought by residents not allowing them to take over through intimidation.
One Degree wrote:I never claimed they weren’t. I don’t accept it as a reason for asylum. I also don’t accept we can tell the difference between a gang member and those fleeing gangs. I don’t want neighbors who are willing to allow gangs to run them off either. Gangs are fought by residents not allowing them to take over through intimidation.

So they are fleeing high levels of violence that are comparable to a war. And according to most asylum laws, this is a reason for asylum, regardless of whether or not you agree.

I think it would be fairly easy to tell if someone is part of the gang or fleeing gang violence. Why do you think it would be difficult?

Your moral judgements about the people fleeing this violence are irrelevant. You may have daydreams about standing up to drug dealers with automatic weapons who are capable of taking down police squads, but those should not formulate policy.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So they are fleeing high levels of violence that are comparable to a war. And according to most asylum laws, this is a reason for asylum, regardless of whether or not you agree.

I think it would be fairly easy to tell if someone is part of the gang or fleeing gang violence. Why do you think it would be difficult?

Your moral judgements about the people fleeing this violence are irrelevant. You may have daydreams about standing up to drug dealers with automatic weapons who are capable of taking down police squads, but those should not formulate policy.

Our discussions are not about ‘what is’, but about what we think ‘ought to be’.
Please tell me how you recognize a gang member?
My judgements are not irrelevant or daydreams because I have been hired to eliminate gangs and drugs from an area and succeeded easily. Gangs are made up of people who are not especially bright, tough, or brave. If you can’t eliminate them, then you better eliminate your politicians.
Building a wall will not keep out gang members. They have money and can get a visa. As many of them as want into the US can come legally.

Again. The notion of a wall is just stupid.
The argument the wall is a waste because it won’t solve everything is incredibly dishonest. It will solve somethings. Primarily psychological imo. It is a statement to the world mass immigration to the US is no longer going to be tolerated.
It’s physical presence will become ever more apparent as the Latin American population is still increasing at an unsustainable rate. I don’t like the idea we need it, but we do.
One Degree wrote:Our discussions are not about ‘what is’, but about what we think ‘ought to be’.
Please tell me how you recognize a gang member?

No. Instead you will explain how you cannot.

My judgements are not irrelevant or daydreams because I have been hired to eliminate gangs and drugs from an area and succeeded easily. Gangs are made up of people who are not especially bright, tough, or brave. If you can’t eliminate them, then you better eliminate your politicians.

I doubt this is true.

Feel free to explain how these people are supposed to stamp out gang violence.

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]