CDC’s Own Expert Vaccine Court Witness Confirms Vaccines Can Cause Autism - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ness31 wrote:
Donna, there is a bigger picture here regarding vaccines if you cared to look and it has nothing to do with autism or Bill Gates or any of that rubbish. Not everyone’s brain is wired for this kind of, um, perspective? :hmm: You need a good memory and a knack for patterns. But just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

I know that sounds vague and silly, but I can’t explain it any better..

I have a real knack for patterns. I learned it playing Go, among other things.

I am also old, so I not only have experience with vaccines going back over a half a century, I also remember Mom and my grandparents talking about them.

Vaccines are amazing. If I could wave a magic wand and make it so vaccines never happened, you'd prob go poof right along with the vaccines. I know it would be the end of me.

People have a tendency to fill in gaps in their perceptual field. Which is a fancy way of saying people see what they want to see. Happens to all of us.

When I took the basic college level scientific method my prof was a dyslexic jarhead who had zero tolerance for BS or indulgent thinking. I was a real BS artist back then, and intellectual self indulgence is basically a lifestyle with me.

So I've been a very, very baaad boy. He gave me a really hard time. I never thanked him, prob too late now. But I wish I had.
ness31 wrote:Donna, there is a bigger picture here regarding vaccines if you cared to look and it has nothing to do with autism or Bill Gates or any of that rubbish. Not everyone’s brain is wired for this kind of, um, perspective? :hmm: You need a good memory and a nack for patterns. But just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

I know that sounds vague and silly, but I can’t explain it any better..

If you can't explain it, you don't understand it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It says that ICAN (some anti-vaxxer group) won a lawsuit showing that the CDC has no science to support the claim that vaccines do not cause autism.

It doesn't say that. It doesn't say anything like that. You're just typing retarded bullshit into pofo and anyone who watches the video is gonna instantly see just how retarded your bullshit is.

The video says ICAN won a FOIA suit against the CDC, which it did. It then goes on to explain why the CDC refused the FOIA request in the first place. The CDC refused the FOIA request because the CDC didn't have any science to back up its claims. When the CDC was forced to provide something, it could only come up with irrelevant studies that had nothing whatsoever to do with the specific vaccines ICAN requested science on.

1. ICAN did not win.

Here, I'll just quote you directly:

"ICAN “won” because the CDC had to provide the documents right there and then"

but it disproves the claim that ICAN made about the CDC having no science to back it up.

The fact that the CDC couldn't produce a single study specific to even one of those vaccines proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the CDC has no science to back up its claims.

After the #CDC refused to respond to ICAN’s FOIA for studies which support the organizations claim ‘vaccines do not cause autism’ for vaccines given to your baby in the first six months of life, ICAN sued the CDC, demanding they provide the science. What they sent in response should shock every parent to their core.
Sivad wrote:It doesn't say that. It doesn't say anything like that. You're just typing retarded bullshit into pofo and anyone who watches the video is gonna instantly see just how retarded your bullshit is.

The video says ICAN won a FOIA suit against the CDC, which it did. It then goes on to explain why the CDC refused the FOIA request in the first place. The CDC refused the FOIA request because the CDC didn't have any science to back up its claims. When the CDC was forced to provide something, it could only come up with irrelevant studies that had nothing whatsoever to do with the specific vaccines ICAN requested science on.

I am familiar with the spin put on it by dishonest anti-vaxxers.

Here, I'll just quote you directly:

"ICAN “won” because the CDC had to provide the documents right there and then"

Yes, we can agree that the CDC provided the requested documents, and that the lawsuit was then dropped.

The fact that the CDC couldn't produce a single study specific to even one of those vaccines proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the CDC has no science to back up its claims.

You literally just agreed that the CDC provided documents.

You are now making the claim that the documents provided do not support the claims made by the CDC.

This may or may not be true, but that is not what the court was looking at, and the verdict in this case has nothing to do with that claim. This is why it is a bait and switch.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, the court did not decide on whether or not the studies supported the claim that there is no link between vaccines and autism.

Nobody ever claimed otherwise, that's just a lame quibble you made up to try to confuse people. Because that's how wack your shit truly is. :lol:

Instead, it decided on whether or not the CDC provided the required documentation. The CDC did provide said documents.

The FOIA was for the science on DTaP, Engerix-B, Prevnar 13, Hib, and IPV. The CDC didn't have any science on any of those, instead they gave ICAN some irrelevant studies on MMR, Thimerosal, antigens, and one IOM review saying there was no science on DTaP. :knife:
Sivad wrote:Nobody ever claimed otherwise,

The FOIA was for the science on DTaP, Engerix-B, Prevnar 13, Hib, and IPV. The CDC didn't have any science on any of those, instead they gave ICAN some irrelevant studies on MMR, Thimerosal, antigens, and one IOM review saying there was no science on DTaP.

The CDC provided the requested documents.

The lawsuit was dropped.

To quote the actual verdict:
https://www.icandecide.org/wp-content/u ... ecuted.pdf

IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED, by and between the parties by and through their respective counsel that based on the foregoing, the above-captioned action is voluntarily dismissed, with prejudice.

This means that the lawsuit was withdrawn by ICAN (the anti-vaxxer group) and that ICAN will not sue the CDC again for this same reason.

If you click on the link, there is the full list of the studies provided by the CDC.

—————————

Now if you want to start the WHOLE NEW argument that these twenty studies fail to do something or other, we can have that debate.

But the verdict if this particular trial says absolutely nothing about the link between vaccines and autism.

Do you want to start this WHOLE NEW argument?
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Sivad

If you are not up for it, that is acceptable.

I thought you would try and show how the twenty studies cited by the CDC do not show there is no link between vaccines and autism.

That's already been shown. If you have anything that's not totally retarded to say about it then go for it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:What exactly has been shown?

The CDC refused the FOIA request because the CDC didn't have any science to back up its claims. When the CDC was forced to provide something, it could only come up with irrelevant studies that had nothing whatsoever to do with the specific vaccines ICAN requested science on.

The FOIA was for the science on DTaP, Engerix-B, Prevnar 13, Hib, and IPV. The CDC didn't have any science on any of those, instead they gave ICAN some irrelevant studies on MMR, Thimerosal, antigens, and one IOM review saying there was no science on DTaP.
late wrote:I have a real knack for patterns. I learned it playing Go, among other things.

I am also old, so I not only have experience with vaccines going back over a half a century, I also remember Mom and my grandparents talking about them.

Vaccines are amazing. If I could wave a magic wand and make it so vaccines never happened, you'd prob go poof right along with the vaccines. I know it would be the end of me.

People have a tendency to fill in gaps in their perceptual field. Which is a fancy way of saying people see what they want to see. Happens to all of us.

When I took the basic college level scientific method my prof was a dyslexic jarhead who had zero tolerance for BS or indulgent thinking. I was a real BS artist back then, and intellectual self indulgence is basically a lifestyle with me.

So I've been a very, very baaad boy. He gave me a really hard time. I never thanked him, prob too late now. But I wish I had.

*sigh*

For the millionth time on PoFo, I am not against vaccines. I am pro vaccine and pro choice in receiving them. We should not tamper with that synergy :|

Anyway, I’ve said my bit and now I’m leaving the thread. This is a topic that has be done to death and it only every ends in insults. Adios.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]