Two women to blame for most of the recent problems in the world - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Two memorable and disturbing events are rocking the world recently.
Both have been caused by women.

I am talking about the Trump presidency and Brexit (including the malaise in the EU)

Trump got elected because Americans could not stomach the idea of Hillary Clinton in the White House.

Brexit was one of the consequences of German Chancellor Merkel's opening Europe's doors to millions of Muslim refugees/economic migrants.

Although Merkel allowed those millions to enter Germany, many went to other countries in western Europe to get the benefits of asylum seekers and refugees, with generous monthly payouts, housing and so on.
After some time, most of those "refugees" will obtain citizenship and thus be allowed to settle anywhere in the EU as they please. I think the Brits did not look forward to that.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I don't have much of an opinion of Brexit since I don't know the entire story.

One guy at work voted for Trump because he didn't like Hilary Clinton and the email server scandal. He said that people died because of the info on the server was leaked. Those people were undercover government agents. He also referenced the Benghazi cover up and how those 4 Americans weren't killed due to a "spontaneous protest." This kind of deception is very awful.

It's sad that people felt like they had to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
Beren wrote:It may be enough to know that former British PMs Blair and Cameron definitely deserve more blame for Brexit than German Chancellor Merkel does.

That is patently untrue. Merkel is directly to blame for Brexit more than any other political personality in the world. She is the only person who had the real power to do things differently in Europe but she chose all the wrong paths, she chose interference over consensus, she chose punishment over prosperity, she chose ridiculation over conversation, she chose empty PR tricks instead of robust policy. She has undone 70 years of positive EU image within a matter of months. Now in her sunset years after being a PM for more than 2 decades, competing with Putin and Erdogan she is about to witness Brexit.

I agree with Prosthetic Conscience.
Well, mass immigration from newly joined EU-members was due to Blair's immigration policy while Cameron failed to tackle with the Eurosceptics of his own party big time and even lost a referendum called by himself as PM. British or whatever Euroscepticism hasn't started with Merkel and Brexit would have happened without Merkel as well most likely.
Brexit was one of the consequences of German Chancellor Merkel's opening Europe's doors to millions of Muslim refugees/economic migrants.

It is actually migrants from Eastern Europe who triggered Brexit. Britain can refuse to accept refugees or asylum seekers from the Continent, who are not allowed to move freely in the EU unlike EU citizens. Britain has grudgingly taken in 11,000 Muslim refugees since 2015 and they have the right to five years’ residence in the UK, but not the full range of rights such as access to benefits and support for Higher Education. Merkel is making it difficult for Britain to leave the EU, while keeping economic benefits. Merkel refuses to make any further compromises with May to prevent Brexit and she is winning the battle. Probably there will be a second referendum to reverse the previous results.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 03 Feb 2019 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:So that's 2 problems - one you say was caused by a fear of women, one caused by a fear of foreigners. It's more accurate to say "millions of bigots to blame for most of the recent problems in the world".

No, it was not "a fear of women", it was just Hillary they couldn't stand.
Nice try.

And what you call "bigots" are mostly just people who want to preserve their way of life.
People reacted to the endless stream of migrants coming to the UK and the EU and felt betrayed by their own governments and the EU.
Ter wrote:No, it was not "a fear of women", it was just Hillary they couldn't stand.

People who are too weak or stupid to understand women are also too weak and stupid to take the responsibility for their actions. So they blame the object of their hatred for their preference for a criminal narcissistic bigot who hates the same things they do.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:People who are too weak or stupid to understand women are also too weak and stupid to take the responsibility for their actions. So they blame the object of their hatred for their preference for a criminal narcissistic bigot who hates the same things they do.

As I said, it was about Hillary Clinton, not women in general.
Besides, Trump was the only other choice on offer.

Weak - stupid - bigot : does using those terms make your argument stronger ?
I think not.
Red_Army wrote:I'm glad you're not a Trump guy, but your logic for blaming women for shit makes you seem like one.

I do not blame women in general, just those two mentioned, and with reason.
I had already explained that to Prosthetic Conscience if you had bothered to read the previous posts.
Red_Army wrote:Cool guys, you have definitely changed some minds.

Anyone posting here aiming at changing minds must be naive, to put it politely.

My thesis stands : Hillary and Merkel are mostly responsible for the bad shape the Western world is in right now.
:lol: Why did you make the title two women instead of two people if the femininity of the people wasn't important to you? I'm also not a fan of either people, btw.

Your thesis is nonsense: history cannot be blamed on one individual who lost an election and one who was just a shitty leader of the EU. I hope when I'm your age that I'll only be scared of dumb shit too.
Ter wrote:No, it was not "a fear of women", it was just Hillary they couldn't stand.
Nice try.

because she's a woman.

And what you call "bigots" are mostly just people who want to preserve their way of life.
People reacted to the endless stream of migrants coming to the UK and the EU and felt betrayed by their own governments and the EU.

I know. They want to go back to the good old days when you could see signs outside pubs saying, no blacks , no Irish, no dogs.

Personally, I blame TV programmes like Father Brown.

My friend's fathter-in-law voted to leave to get rid of all the Muslims.
If the two women are Thatcher and May. :lol:

The main problem for the world today is Trump - a male. Brexit is more a European issue. Although it is right to blame Cameron for Brexit over Merkel. Merkel didn't call the referendum. And the refugees were already in Europe, Merkel only offered them refuge in Germany - something the blamers conveniently forget when lynching Merkel. So perhaps the Syrian war (Bush and Blair) is a greater reason for the refugees than Merkels proposal. So no, Cameron literally couldn't have picked a worse time than he did to have a referendum. And still leave only got 52%. Says it all about Brexit legitimacy.
Red_Army wrote:Your thesis is nonsense: history cannot be blamed on one individual who lost an election and one who was just a shitty leader of the EU.

I disagree.
Individuals can have significant influence on world affairs.
Think Stalin, Alexander, Mao, Hitler, Djengis Khan.
Hillary and Merkel are not in that illustrious company but they have directly or indirectly cause a lot of misery in the Western world.

Red_Army wrote: I hope when I'm your age that I'll only be scared of dumb shit too.

I am not afraid of any of it. The more chaos and problems, the more consultancies and job offers I get.
I took note that once again you allude to age to try and belittle your opponents. It is not relevant.

B0ycey wrote:The main problem for the world today is Trump - a male.

Yes of course, but he got elected in part because of Hillary's candidature.

B0ycey wrote:And the refugees were already in Europe, Merkel only offered them refuge in German

Not correct. They came in their millions because Merkel said they were welcome. Before that, it was only a trickle.

Cameron promised a referendum as a ploy to wn the next election. And he did win.
Because everybody knew that there was a popular surge to get out from the EU.
Merkel added to it with her historic mistake to let the millions of Muslim migrants in.

And we see another example of a so called centrist[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]

I am sure all sorts of things 'seem incorrect' to[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The report clearly states that the Israeli governm[…]