Political correctness devours its own... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Scandals drive calls for top Virginia leadership to resign
Democrats are in a bit of a catch-22. If they don't call for resignations, they prove that they are hypocrites for applying standards to Republicans that they will not tolerate themselves. If they do call for resignations, they will do so before they have had hearings and given the defendants an opportunity to confront their accusers and compel witnesses to their defense. They seem to be sensitive to the former proposition that their integrity is now in question.

Top Democrats, including a number of presidential hopefuls and most of Virginia’s congressional delegation, swiftly and decisively turned against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who stands to become the state’s second black governor if Northam quits.

The charges against Justin Fairfax are serious, because they are criminal. However, no charges have been filed against him. Yet, it seems that most of the Democrats believe that just being charged with wrongdoing by someone is enough to make you ineligible for public office.

“It is obvious that a vicious and coordinated smear campaign is being orchestrated against me,” Fairfax said. “I will not resign.”

Given that all three members of the Virginia executive are currently under a cloud of controversy, it does appear that there could be some sort of campaign against them. However, it does not appear to be something motivated by the Republican party. Neither of Fairfax's accusers are Republicans.

Top Democrats running for president in 2020 called for Fairfax’s resignation, including Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. Booker cited “multiple detailed allegations” that he found “deeply troubling.” Gillibrand called the details “sickening and horrendous.”

It's interesting. They are all throwing Fairfax under the bus, but they have all rendered themselves moot for 2020 by signing on to the "Green New Deal."

Party elders Sen. Mark Warner and Rep. Bobby Scott said Fairfax should resign if the allegations against him were true.

Other congressional Democrats made unqualified calls for Fairfax to resign.

The Virginia Black Legislative Caucus joined calls for Fairfax’s departure. And a Democratic member of the state House, Del. Patrick Hope, said he intends to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax on Monday if Fairfax hasn’t left by then.

Kudos to Red_Army and Libertarian353 for consistency. For those who thrashed Kavanaugh, where are you? Why the silence when the accused is a Democrat?
They have a funny problem indeed.

Personally, I think Sen Gilligrand is racist for going after Lt. Governor Fairfax for his sexual misconduct. I haven't looked at the claims against Fairfax, but they waited 15 years to make them so to me they are questionable claims.

Countries that have devalued people run into tro[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wow, @Tainari88 , you really don't know anything […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]