Do we owe reparations to LGBT? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:If this is true, and perhaps it is, then the land that they genocided was theirs, and not yours is also true.

That's how your divorce from your family inheritance works.

My grandparents didn't take anything from anyone. They lived what they preached: Live a good life, work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor...
Only if women get reparations too. I also probably have other grievances that warrant a payment, but I'll have to check my family history first to see what injustices were inflicted on my ancestors.
blackjack21 wrote:I never said any such thing. You must have me mistaken for somebody else. Maybe rich. I just found it interesting that you are apparently an expert on sex and mental health in prisons.

Maybe he has been an inmate. :lol:
BigSteve wrote:My grandparents didn't take anything from anyone. They lived what they preached: Live a good life, work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor...

If your family were in the USA in the period between 1600 and 1850, they were involved in genociding First Nations in order to steal land. Great-great-great-great grandparents have been "passing along" the fruits of genocide for many centuries in the Americas.
QatzelOk wrote:If your family were in the USA in the period between 1600 and 1850, they were involved in genociding First Nations in order to steal land. Great-great-great-great grandparents have been "passing along" the fruits of genocide for many centuries in the Americas.

Cool, we're off the hook. My ancestors arrived after that...
BigSteve wrote:Cool, we're off the hook. My ancestors arrived after that...

I do not think we should give indigenous communities any reparations.

We should give them their land and their sovereignty back.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not think we should give indigenous communities any reparations.

Feel free to do as you wish in Canada. We'll handle things down here...
That's not an argument, @BigSteve. That's just an ignorant comment. This is a discussion, and not a contest. Where people live is of no consequence when having a debate. Address the issues and not the trivial irrelevancies.
Last edited by Godstud on 24 Jun 2019 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not think we should give indigenous communities any reparations.

Where would all the non-indigenous go?
Godstud wrote:That's not an argument, @BigSteve. That's just an ignorant comment. This is a discussion, and not a contest. Where people live is of no consequence when having a debate. Address the issues and not the trivial irrelevancies.

Look, if a Canuck thinks that indigenous peoples should get their lands and sovereignty back, I fully support him working to see that happen (but we both know Pants-of-dog is too lazy to do that).

If a Canuck thinks that indigenous people in the United States should get their lands and sovereignty back, I'll remind him that he lives in Canada and that we don't really give a shit about his opinion regarding what should happen here...
BigSteve wrote: I'll remind him that he lives in Canada and that we don't really give a shit about his opinion regarding what should happen here...
Again, this is a discussion and not about your "feelings". Why don't you present an argument showing why this wouldn't work in the USA, instead?
Godstud wrote:Again, this is a discussion and not about your "feelings". Why don't you present an argument showing why this wouldn't work in the USA, instead?

Because whether giving land and sovereignty back to indigenous peoples in the US is not the issue being discussed.

Giving reparations to the alphabet community is the topic...
You'd be better off simply trying to go back to the topic, then, rather than saying stupid things like, "I'll remind him that he lives in Canada and that we don't really give a shit about his opinion... ". That's just your feelings.

This is the LGBTQ community, and not the alphabet community. Using a derogatory term for the subject does not make your arguments stronger. If anything, it shows your derision and feelings about the topic. This detracts from any argument that you are likely to make, incidentally.
Rancid wrote:Where would all the non-indigenous go?

Yemen.

Everyone there will be dead soon, so we can make yet another dessert bloom and fulfil the sacred role that the Lord bequeathed upon us: "Go forth and genocideth other religions and sell the land from under their feeteth."

After all the heterosexuals have left for Yemen, the Gays should be allowed to remain in the downtowns of major cities, while the First Nations reclaim most of the rest.
Godstud wrote:You'd be better off simply trying to go back to the topic, then, rather than saying stupid things like, "I'll remind him that he lives in Canada and that we don't really give a shit about his opinion... ". That's just your feelings.

And you live where? Fucking Thailand? Imagine how little I care about you're opinion...

This is the LGBTQ community, and not the alphabet community. Using a derogatory term for the subject does not make your arguments stronger. If anything, it shows your derision and feelings about the topic. This detracts from any argument that you are likely to make, incidentally.

Right. So why do you want to talk about giving land and sovereignty back to the indigenous peoples?

As for the "alphabet community", sooner or later it'll encompass the whole fucking alphabet, so I'll use that term. I can't begin to think about all the sleep I won't lose worrying about the fact that you don't like it.

I just think it's funny...
QatzelOk wrote:Yemen.

Everyone there will be dead soon, so we can make yet another dessert bloom and fulfil the sacred role that the Lord bequeathed upon us: "Go forth and genocideth other religions and sell the land from under their feeteth."

After all the heterosexuals have left for Yemen, the Gays should be allowed to remain in the downtowns of major cities, while the First Nations reclaim most of the rest.

If gays are allowed to stay, then the land has not been returned.
BigSteve wrote:And you live where? Fucking Thailand? Imagine how little I care about you're opinion...
FEELINGS. :roll: Can you try to be less child-like? We're making arguments here, not determining whose opinion is better.

BigSteve wrote:As for the "alphabet community", sooner or later it'll encompass the whole fucking alphabet, so I'll use that term. I can't begin to think about all the sleep I won't lose worrying about the fact that you don't like it.
I am just pointing out that you are choosing to use insulting terms, to describe the LGBTQ community, and that sort of demonstrates an underlying bias against them.

BigSteve wrote:I just think it's funny...
More feelings. :roll:
BigSteve wrote:Look, if a Canuck thinks that indigenous peoples should get their lands and sovereignty back, I fully support him working to see that happen (but we both know Pants-of-dog is too lazy to do that).

I do not think you actually support me, but if you wish to send money, let me know!

If a Canuck thinks that indigenous people in the United States should get their lands and sovereignty back, I'll remind him that he lives in Canada and that we don't really give a shit about his opinion regarding what should happen here...

I do not care about whether or not you care.

And the fact that I live in Canada is irrelevant.

What is relevant is the fact that settlers and their descendants in the USA imposed treaties at gunpoint, and then failed their obligations. When someone does not live up to their end of their deal, the deal is off. And since the deal is off, it should no longer be your land.

Now you will explain why people in the USA do not need to live up to their word.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The Pentagon is notoriously famous for not findin[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]