Why does Ilhan Omar wear a head scarf? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15001865
annatar1914 wrote:Hey, ''Near Genius'', I didn't make that statement to you, you falsely quoted someone else as me.

Okay, that was Godstud. Even a "Near Genius" makes mistakes sometimes. Sorry to put you in with Godstud. You deserve better.

colliric wrote:Hindsite defends people like him without even knowing what's going on in the Kinesset. Voting in right-wing cunts who want to burn Christian Churches and block Christian entry into "The Land of Jesus" they are. Meanwhile Christian Zionists tell you we have to send them a billion dollars in donations to keep their economy and military viable.

I don't need to know everything that is going on on the Kinesset to see that Netanyahu is a good leader for Israel as can be see by their improved economy inspite of BDS. He is also very friendly with the USA and Christians from the USA.

colliric wrote:I've no doubt Hindsite donates to Rabbi Chaim Richman and his "Kick the Islamics off the Temple Mount at all costs, including WW3" posse.

You are wrong. But I do believe the Jews can rebuild the temple along side the Dome of the Rock. The Islamic beliefs prohibit the Muslims from making peace with the Jews in Israel, so that option should be taken off the table, in my opinion. It would only amount to a forced peace, which isn't really a peace.
#15001889
Ter wrote:Quoted for posterity.
Karma.


:lol:

You must go outside more. Everyone is all FUCK ISRAEL these days. :lol: Except for a few fossils here and there.

Hindsite wrote:I don't need to know everything that is going on on the Kinesset to see that Netanyahu is a good leader for Israel as can be see by their improved economy inspite of BDS. He is also very friendly with the USA and Christians from the USA.


What Nethanyahu thinks about America.
#15001958
Hindsite wrote:IIslam is different from Christianity.
How is Allah of Islam different from God of Christianity?

Fashion thread has descended into partisan church bickering. Like it was supposed to?

This video is crap for people with crap brains. I won't even touch the second or third videos, because they're too long and too full of hyper-esoteric word games.

But let me show you how the 2 "differences" mentioned in this video aren't different at all.

1. Trinity: father, son, holy spirit

These are metaphysical constructs to help explain the proliferation of ideology. In Islam, you have Allah (father), Mohammed (son) (and other minor prophets are cousins, I guess), and you have the book - the Quran. The Quran is a living document, that is constantly discussed and interpreted. (holy spirit)

2. Christians have a relationship, Muslims just obey.

This is really the same thing. The "relationship" that Christians have is one of obedience. And Muslims have a daily relationship (constant relationship) with Allah that is openly discussed and part of everyday life for believers - just like Christianity. The "relationship" in both cases is based on interpretation, lived experience, and obedience. No different at all, in this way.

The whole three-gods-in-one concept is really just due to the continuing remains of numerology during the time that Christianity was being invented. Because Islam is more modern, a lot of the concepts and ways of understanding them (dad, boy, ghost) were out-dated by the 7th Century.

The main difference between Islam and the other two "God-heaven" religions is that Islam is more modern, and thus, more likely to produce change.
#15001963
QatzelOk wrote:Fashion thread has descended into partisan church bickering. Like it was supposed to?

This video is crap for people with crap brains. I won't even touch the second or third videos, because they're too long and too full of hyper-esoteric word games.

But let me show you how the 2 "differences" mentioned in this video aren't different at all.

1. Trinity: father, son, holy spirit

These are metaphysical constructs to help explain the proliferation of ideology. In Islam, you have Allah (father), Mohammed (son) (and other minor prophets are cousins, I guess), and you have the book - the Quran. The Quran is a living document, that is constantly discussed and interpreted. (holy spirit)

2. Christians have a relationship, Muslims just obey.

This is really the same thing. The "relationship" that Christians have is one of obedience. And Muslims have a daily relationship (constant relationship) with Allah that is openly discussed and part of everyday life for believers - just like Christianity. The "relationship" in both cases is based on interpretation, lived experience, and obedience. No different at all, in this way.

The whole three-gods-in-one concept is really just due to the continuing remains of numerology during the time that Christianity was being invented. Because Islam is more modern, a lot of the concepts and ways of understanding them (dad, boy, ghost) were out-dated by the 7th Century.

The main difference between Islam and the other two "God-heaven" religions is that Islam is more modern, and thus, more likely to produce change.


Although the video is sub-standard and not in fact true about it's central points (I regard Islam as a Christian Heresy, not much deviating in scale from Orthodox theology than say, Mormonism or the Jehovah's Witnesses do), your critique of Christian theology is likewise lightly dismissive and counter-factual albeit novel in interpretation.

Secondary point being (as a discussion about Omar's headscarf could only be but a stepping stone to discussion of larger political/religious issues), that people are coming down on this issue in two general clusters of related worldviews;

1. Those who cannot abide by monotheistic spiritual/religious expression in the secular/public sphere (curiously allied to those who are religious/modern conservatives but who hate Islamic traditionalism in particular)

2. Those who are pretty much traditional themselves and who therefore respect the modesty symbolized by the headscarf (curiously allied to those secular leftists and liberals who want to break modern civilization by allying to Islamists and their causes)

I find THIS ^^^^^^ to be interesting in itself, and worthy of discussion so therefore not a ''drift'' of sorts going on in this thread.
#15001974
annatar1914 wrote:Although the video is sub-standard and not in fact true about it's central points...

The first video may be substandard, but it is true. All three of the videos are true. I would not have wasted anybodies time by posting them if they were not true. The other two videos provide more details, but some people will not take the time to look at longer videos.
#15002080
Hindsite wrote:The first video may be substandard, but it is true. All three of the videos are true. I would not have wasted anybodies time by posting them if they were not true. The other two videos provide more details, but some people will not take the time to look at longer videos.


The main thrust of my comments were not directed at you or the videos, so much as the ignorant, dismissive, and anti-Christian comments made by Qatz, so not a big deal. Often he's a good poster in some issues of political concern, so I know he won't take my opinion personally either.
#15002095
@annatar1914 I do believe QatzelOk is Muslim, so if you are going to cast aspersions at his religion, then you should expect him to do the same to your ignorant and dismissive anti-Muslim remarks.
#15002096
Godstud wrote:@annatar1914 I do believe QatzelOk is Muslim, so if you are going to cast aspersions at his religion, then you should expect him to do the same to your ignorant and dismissive anti-Muslim remarks.


Characterizing another religion as being false is not ''casting aspersions'', but to be expected of someone who believes in some other system of belief which posits answers to questions of universal concern (what a religion is) as being true. You don't really have ''Muslim Jains'', or ''Christian Sikhs'' out there in reality.

To date, I 've never had a theological discussion with a Muslim in which they characterized Christian Trinitarian and Christological in the manner QatzelOk did. If he is a Muslim, i'd be happy to know it so that I could respond in a informed manner.
#15002121
Godstud wrote:@annatar1914 I do believe QatzelOk is Muslim, so if you are going to cast aspersions at his religion, then you should expect him to do the same to your ignorant and dismissive anti-Muslim remarks.

You believing QatzelOk is a Muslim does not make it true. You stating that just shows your ignorance. I was the one that posted the three videos to educate him on the difference between Islam and Christianity, which it is clear he did not know. If he were actually Muslim, he should have known the real difference, but he did not. Not only that, he did not even want to know the difference, which is clear from his reply.
#15002126
@Hindsite QatzelOK has stated such in the past. I did say "I do believe", so there Made it clear that there was a chance I was incorrect. Still, if you're going to lambaste someone else's beliefs, then you can usually expect the same , in return.
#15002136
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite QatzelOK has stated such in the past. I did say "I do believe", so there Made it clear that there was a chance I was incorrect. Still, if you're going to lambaste someone else's beliefs, then you can usually expect the same , in return.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
(Ephesians 5:11 NIV)
#15002151
Most recently she said "This is not going to be the country of white people" while talking about America.

The context is that she was talking about Trump's allegedly white supremacy but I think it's clear that she stated this in the worst way possible. For someone who has quickly developed a track record of saying things in the worst way possible, I believe it stretches credulity to consider all of these things (and the many future gaffes we will presumably see) are all accidents. She is clearly speaking in code and it's a very obvious code. This is also a behavior commonly attributable to Muslims, wherein they say threatening things and then act wounded before saying more threatening things.

Edit: Two days later, she says that the US is responsible for the situation in Venezuela.
#15002283
Hindsite wrote:You believing QatzelOk is a Muslim does not make it true.

So far so good. I'm NOT a Muslim or anything else. I'm an animal that has no special powers at all. Though I do have the ability to be philosophical while alone in Nature.

You (Godstud) stating that just shows your ignorance. I was the one that posted the three videos to educate him on the difference between Islam and Christianity, which it is clear he did not know. If he were actually Muslim, he should have known the real difference, but he did not. Not only that, he did not even want to know the difference, which is clear from his reply.

So everyone is ignorant, and I would have known that your videos were incredibly insightful works of theology if only I had been a real Muslim, which would make me ignorant and lacking in your eyes?

Fun Questions: How many witch-burnings have you attended in your life?
How many of them did you organize yourself?
#15002295
QatzelOk wrote:So far so good. I'm NOT a Muslim or anything else. I'm an animal that has no special powers at all. Though I do have the ability to be philosophical while alone in Nature.


So everyone is ignorant, and I would have known that your videos were incredibly insightful works of theology if only I had been a real Muslim, which would make me ignorant and lacking in your eyes?

Fun Questions: How many witch-burnings have you attended in your life?
How many of them did you organize yourself?

Almost everyone, including me, is ignorant on something. But most people don't want to remain ignorant when they are provided with insightful information. I picked out those videos, not because they were incredibly insightful works of theology, which they are not, but because of there simplicity and brevity. None of them was a good as I would like, but they were not 2 or 3 hours long either.

I hate to disappoint you, but I am not into witch hunting and burning. I am into helping others understand the truth when I think I might assist.
Praise the Lord.
#15002379
Hindsite wrote:...I am not into witch hunting and burning.

Maybe not, but you're into really simplistic descriptions of something as complicated as "existence and morality," and the resulting conclusions you project are the text equivalent of burning witches - killing the things you don't understand with simplistic fairytales.

Death by fairytale (for the other) is no more enlightened than witch burning. Your videos amount to fairytales because they're far too simplistic to in any way describe the "reality" they are attempting to pigeon-hole.
#15002497
QatzelOk wrote:Maybe not, but you're into really simplistic descriptions of something as complicated as "existence and morality," and the resulting conclusions you project are the text equivalent of burning witches - killing the things you don't understand with simplistic fairytales.

Death by fairytale (for the other) is no more enlightened than witch burning. Your videos amount to fairytales because they're far too simplistic to in any way describe the "reality" they are attempting to pigeon-hole.

I am very sure that you couldn't handle anything complicated, when you can't understand the simplistic. I bet you are also one of those that have accepted without understanding the propaganda fairytale for grownups of the theory of evolution from a big bang that supposedly happen billions of years ago.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 10
Canadian Federal Election

I already explained that. It involves democracy an[…]

What does she mean when she mentions white suprem[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-BP[…]

Of course, despite both your truthful and excel[…]