Madeleine Albright Hits The Nail On The Head - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I am going to have to say I agree with Madeleine Albright. I think Americans have lost what it means to live in a free country by allowing somebody like Trump to get elected. He is a threat to freedom and democracy. He is not a leader of the free world or of any United States that values freedom, a republic or democracy for that matter:

Terry Gross of NPR wrote:Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright describes herself as an "optimist who worries a lot." And lately, it seems, there has been much to worry about.

Albright's new book, Fascism: A Warning, starts by describing how Hitler and Mussolini came to power in the 20th century, then warns about today's authoritarian rulers in Eastern Europe, North Korea, Turkey and Russia.

Albright, who was born in Czechoslovakia and fled with her family after the Nazis occupied the country in 1939, notes that the United States has traditionally been viewed as a nation that opposes authoritarianism and supports democratic principles and human rights, but that perception is changing — in part because of President Trump.

While Albright does not call Trump a fascist, she says that he is "the most anti-democratic leader that I have studied in American history."

"We're not fulfilling the role that we're supposed to," she says of the United States today. "I believe very much that democracy in the United States is resilient [and] that people can be skeptical about things that are going on, but I really am afraid that we are taking things for granted."

https://n.pr/30L4nng
Madeleine Albright - an American citizen - is warning Americans that their country could end up as bad and genocidal as Hitler's Germany.
Meanwhile, the USA itself genocided 110 nations, and continues to destroy foreign countries to steal resources for its industries and military.

The "Hitler ruse" is designed to make genocidal Americans (like Albright-of-the-500,000-dead-Iraqi-children) feel like death, greed, and amorality are foreign things.
Really, Germans ought to have warned their kids about not imitating the USA 70 years ago. Hitler's race-theorizing came right from the USA, as did the resulting genocide.

Also, Queen Victoria - of the UK - has presided over the most genocides of any single leader. She makes Hitler look like Mother Teresa by comparison.

American racism (and the severe racism of its various elite mafias) blocks any kind of clear vision of our collective past.
@Rancid

Rancid wrote:Democracy is going to die in our lifetimes.

Democracy and our republic will die in our lifetime if we don't stand and fight for it and participate in it. It really is ultimately up to us. It's all us. Democracy and our republic is something you have to take action on. You have to be an action taker. I write my congressmen and phone them both on certain policies and pieces of legislation as well as specific issues. It's easy to not take action. But anything worth having is worth fighting for and taking action on. It's just like in business. You want to make money? Well, get up and take some action. Set realistic attainable goals, write a plan for each goal and start taking action on your plan. Education and knowledge and critical thinking is also important too. And sure you will be facing powerful wealthy and undemocratic forces that will make seem taking action as a waste of time, but that's not true. You got get out there and fight for what you believe in and take a stand. Even if the odds might seem against you. That's just part of life sometimes. At the end of the day, picking up the phone and calling your Congressman or setting up a meeting with your Congressman is better than doing nothing.
Rancid wrote:Democracy is going to die in our lifetimes.

Are you saying that we will not be able to attend public consultations that determine government policy in the future?

Do you attend public consultations? Has your government invited you to comment on its policies? Ever?

Was it public consultation that lead to GMOs, non-stop wars on defenseless countries, and a rigged economy?

Has the USA ever had any kind of real democracy?

(No, it hasn't. Its oligarchs just had great marketing).
QatzelOk wrote:Are you saying that we will not be able to attend public consultations that determine government policy in the future?

Yes, also we will not be able to vote.

QatzelOk wrote:Do you attend public consultations? Has your government invited you to comment on its policies? Ever?

Yes, and yes.

QatzelOk wrote:Was it public consultation that lead to GMOs, non-stop wars on defenseless countries, and a rigged economy?

Yes, that's the dirty secret. We do vote for those things. The good corporate marketers are a part of it, but not all of it.

Ultimately, we do want our governments meddling in other countries. We do want them practicing regime change. It's easy to want those things, and just hide behind the banner of democracy.

QatzelOk wrote:Has the USA ever had any kind of real democracy?

Yes
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Democracy and our republic will die in our lifetime if we don't stand and fight for it and participate in it. It really is ultimately up to us. It's all us. Democracy and our republic is something you have to take action on. You have to be an action taker. I write my congressmen and phone them both on certain policies and pieces of legislation as well as specific issues. It's easy to not take action. But anything worth having is worth fighting for and taking action on. It's just like in business. You want to make money? Well, get up and take some action. Set realistic attainable goals, write a plan for each goal and start taking action on your plan. Education and knowledge and critical thinking is also important too. And sure you will be facing powerful wealthy and undemocratic forces that will make seem taking action as a waste of time, but that's not true. You got get out there and fight for what you believe in and take a stand. Even if the odds might seem against you. That's just part of life sometimes. At the end of the day, picking up the phone and calling your Congressman or setting up a meeting with your Congressman is better than doing nothing.

Ultimately, I'm a hired gun. I sell my engineering services. Whatever the new paradigm is, my skills will be needed.

I can understand your position. Your position is about survival and providing for your family and there is no shame in that. However, I am a believer in freedom and the rule of law and that it is worth fighting for.

For someone living in a city going to be supressed by the United States current nemesis, I must say that, ironic as it is, this threat to your democracy seems acting like someone who are going to win at the essential fight against a much bigger threat, and in the process, possibly preserves or helps the democracy and rule-of-law cause of a much bigger entity.

I can understand your position. Your position is about survival and providing for your family and there is no shame in that. However, I am a believer in freedom and the rule of law and that it is worth fighting for.

I understand your position as well. There's nothing wrong with it either.

I'm not a warrior.However, I'm also not completely spineless either. :lol: I think I would fight if a particular regime is hostile towards me or anyone I know/love. Or, if I perceive them to potentially be hostile to me further into the future.

At the same time, there's no shame in fleeing either.
@Rancid

Rancid wrote:I understand your position as well. There's nothing wrong with it either.

I'm not a warrior.However, I'm also not completely spineless either. :lol: I think I would fight if a particular regime is hostile towards me or anyone I know/love. Or, if I perceive them to potentially be hostile to me further into the future.

At the same time, there's no shame in fleeing either.

No shame in fleeing at all Rancid. Under certain circumstances I might flee if I have that option. Plus, a warrior can be anybody. Most warriors fight for each other first and home and family second. There is a warrior in you too. You just don't realize it.
This is ALL anyone needs to know about Madeline "I didn't know I was Jewish" Albright....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hugh-she ... t_n_764403

"Shelton sets the scene at a “small, weekly White House breakfast” that served as regular “informal” meetings that “encouraged brainstorming of potential options on a variety of issues.”

At one of my very first breakfasts, while Berger and Cohen were engaged in a sidebar discussion down at one end of the table and Tenet and Richardson were preoccupied in another, one of the Cabinet members present leaned over to me and said, “Hugh, I know I shouldn’t even be asking you this, but what we really need in order to go in and take out Saddam is a precipitous event — something that would make us look good in the eyes of the world. Could you have one of our U-2s fly low enough — and slow enough — so as to guarantee that Saddam could shoot it down?”"

"we" = ZIONISM

"If you eliminate Berger, Cohen, Tenet, and Richardson and look at the Cabinet members that remain, you’re sort of left where Elliott is: with Madeleine Albright."
Albright murdered half a million Iraqi children with her fucking sanctions and when asked if in retrospect she thought it was worth it she responded that it was totally worth it. If there is a dangerous genocidal fascist maniac on the loose then it's Madeleine fucking Albright.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]