Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, Gutenberg is merely saying that people should continue to protest for climate change

People were being prevented from going to work to make money to pay their rents and feed their families, all because of global warming and unfounded conspiracy theories about an extinction level event.

Pants-of-dog wrote:...and since the only thing we have is your quote that admittedly does not say what you claim it does, we can dismiss that particular argument of yours.

I found the transcript. I should have guessed it was on Democracy Now because Amy Goodman loves her white supremacist conspiracy theories.

Maybe you can explain to us what white supremacy has to do with global warming.

This Is Not a Drill: 700+ Arrested as Extinction Rebellion Fights Climate Crisis with Direct Action

AMY GOODMAN: Dr. Bradbrook, we played the clip of the German climate activist, the migrant rescue ship captain, Carola Rackete, who makes that link between immigration and climate. Since this is such a key issue all over the world, the issue of migrants and the industrial, polluting countries blocking migrants from coming in, can you talk about that link, climate refugees?

GAIL BRADBROOK: Yeah, and I think this is this issue of ecofascism. Up to one in 10 people will be on the move, without wanting to be, due to mass drought, due to places becoming too hot, due to flooding. And the idea that we can sit in our racism and close our borders is simply not going to work for us. Obviously, it’s a moral issue. Also, there will be mass migration within countries. So, in the U.K., 10% of the population will be on the move by 2050. That’s the predictions. Actually, the recent IPCC report, which was about the cryosphere and the ocean sea level rising, yet again said that things were worse than thought and that flooding events that were once every hundred years are going to move into being every single year in many locations. So there’s going to be mass migration, and that’s already happening. We’ve already seen some of that. And what we need to do is have a very compassionate approach to how we tackle that issue and how we look after a planet that is destroying places so that they become uninhabitable. And obviously, the people on that frontline, as well, who are doing the migration, tend to be the people that did the least to create this damage. And so we have a moral responsibility to take care of people.

I’m very in favor of, and I’d like to see it actually placed in some international demands — again, the movement needs a conversation about that — with the law of ecocide, which is a law that the lawyer Polly Higgins was working on, and she has a team taking it forward — she died, unfortunately, earlier this year — which would put a fifth crime against peace in at the Rome Statutes level, at the U.N. level. And what that would do would be to criminalize mass damage and destruction of the environment, so many of these damaging actions that are happening in indigenous lands and elsewhere, created by corporations, would literally be criminal.

And then, secondly, what that law also does is it bakes in the insistence that there’s a repair of the harm that happens, which includes compensating people, finding homes for people. And actually, in order to do this repairing of the harm, that needs to happen, you’ve got Sir David King, the former chief scientist of the U.K., who’s setting up a climate repair center and saying that, actually, we can’t even go to one-and-a-half degrees C. You know, the ice is already melting. We’re already over 410 parts per million. What really needs to happen is we have to go into drawdown. We have to be bringing carbon out of the atmosphere, and we can’t wait for these magical technologies that are somehow going to suck the carbon out of the atmosphere in the future and mean we can do business as usual. And so, what we have to do, what we’re going to need to do, is really work with nature to repair the climate. And that’s also going to tackle this evil twin or evil triplet, you know, of biodiversity loss. We’ve got the evil twin of ocean acidification and how we’re wrecking our oceans. All of this has got to be cleaned up.

And what that means is we need, like, a lot of human labor. So, humanity has to rise up in a really beautiful way and tend to the damage that we’ve done. And that needs all of us, and it needs all of us together in the places of the Earth that’s going to sustain life, working together to rewild areas, to restore ecosystems, to clean up the rivers, to plant trees, you know, to basically sort the plastic out in the ocean and so on. And I actually think that there’s so many beautiful innovations out there, and humanity could do that together. And it needs all of us. And, for me, this is part of reweaving a human family back together again. It’s part of dealing with systemic racism, white supremacy and the wounds of patriarchy that want to separate us, make us feel powerless and, you know, destroy our togetherness and make us think that the whole planet is kind of scarce, when actually nature is abundant and it replenishes itself.
maz wrote:People were being prevented from going to work to make money to pay their rents and feed their families, all because of global warming and unfounded conspiracy theories about an extinction level event.

Yes, some people were late for work. If this is the extent of the evil and criminality, then it is not a big deal.

I found the transcript. I should have guessed it was on Democracy Now because Amy Goodman loves her white supremacist conspiracy theories.

Maybe you can explain to us what white supremacy has to do with global warming.

This Is Not a Drill: 700+ Arrested as Extinction Rebellion Fights Climate Crisis with Direct Action

And when we read the text we see that his woman is not claiming that providing homes is going to stop global warming. You incorrectly paraphrased her actual argument.
It owns that rightwingers in the US are so gullible and angry that they have been conditioned to react with violent anger toward the mere suggestion that society could be improved in any way or that man can have any effect upon his surroundings.

BRB going to modify my pickup so I can roll coal, a practice where I purposely alter the engine to make it less efficient and more polluting for the purpose of owning a teenage girl that I have violent fantasies of murdering.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And when we read the text we see that his woman is not claiming that providing homes is going to stop global warming. You incorrectly paraphrased her actual argument.

What does she mean when she mentions white supremacy, racism and the patriachy in the same context with places becoming too hot, mass drought, flooding, mass migration, the global temperatures getting, to one-and-a-half degrees C, and climate repair centers?

After reading this, I think I get it now. Extinction Rebellion entire belief system is based on anti-white conspiracy theories!

They are an anti-white doomsday cult! This is probably Greta's belief system as well, or at the very least the belief system of Greta's global warming handers.

In a roundabout way and in their own words, they are definitely blaming global warming solely on white supremacy.

Extinction Rebellion isn’t about the Climate

I’ve been with Extinction Rebellion (XR) from the start. I was one of the 15 people in April 2018 who came together and made the collective decision to try to create the conditions that would initiate a rebellion. I was a coordinator of one of the original five working groups, and I’ve been organising with XR day-and-night since then (frugally living off my savings so I don’t have to work, having quit an industry that paid me £1000/week). And I’ve been in RisingUp (the organisation from which XR has emerged) since the first RisingUp action in November 2016. I’m a RisingUp Holding Group member, and a member of the XR Guardianship Team.

And for the sake of transparency: that previous paragraph is all about me ‘pulling rank’ — I’m trying to convince you to listen to what I have to say…

And I’m here to say that XR isn’t about the climate. You see, the climate’s breakdown is a symptom of a toxic system of that has infected the ways we relate to each other as humans and to all life. This was exacerbated when European ‘civilisation’ was spread around the globe through cruelty and violence (especially) over the last 600 years of colonialism, although the roots of the infections go much further back.

•The delusion of white-supremacy centres whiteness and the experience of white people, constructing and perpetuating the myth that white people and their lives are somehow inherently better and more valuable than people of colour.

•The delusion of patriarchy centres the male experience, and excludes/hinders female assigned people from public life (reducing them to a possession or object for ownership or consumption). Patriarchy teaches dominating and competitive behaviours, and emphasises the idea that the world is a place of scarcity, separation and powerlessness.

•The delusions of Eurocentrism include the notion that Europeans know what is best for the world.

•The delusions of hetero-sexism/heteronormativity propagate the idea that heterosexuality is ‘normal’ and that other expressions of sexuality are deviant.

•The delusions of class hierarchy uphold the theory that the rich elite are better/smarter/nobler than the rest of us, and make therefore better decisions.

There are other delusions. These delusions have become ingrained in all of us, taught to us from a very young age.

None of these delusions have ended, although some of the arguments that supported them (e.g. phrenology) have been dispelled. They continue to play out through each of us, in our ways of relating, regardless of our identity. The current pride in the history of the British empire, or the idea that the USA is on the side of ‘good’, continues to enable neo-colonialism in 2019, taking the form of palm-oil plantations, resources wars, and the parasitical financial sector, to name but a few. The task of Extinction Rebellion is to dispel these delusions. We need to cure the causes of the infection, not just alleviate the symptoms. To focus on the climate’s breakdown (the symptom) without focusing attention on these toxic delusions (the causes) is a form a denialism. Worse, it’s a racist and sexist form of denialism, that takes away from the necessary focus of the need for all of us to de-colonise our selves.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, some people were late for work. If this is the extent of the evil and criminality, then it is not a big deal.

Actually, it was a big deal. Although the group did try to claim the train event was an unapproved action, they eventually did take responsibility for it and had to call off future train actions.

These kooks are actually worse than the doomsday Christians who stand on the street corners preaching about Revelations! At least the Christians aren't attaching themselves to trains and demanding that people get saved in order to get the trains moving.

Extinction Rebellion CANCELS plan for Gatwick demo after furious East London commuters drag them off roof of Tube train and rough them up

As their eco-protest enters its 11th day XR activists launched a co-ordinated strike on three London Underground stations, clambering on top of carriages and glueing themselves to doors despite Monday's city-wide ban issued by the Met Police.

But their efforts to disrupt public transport were met with a furious backlash from commuters, industry groups and politicians leading one XR spokesman to admit the move had been a 'huge own goal'.

A hastily-deleted tweet comparing themselves to icon of the nonviolent black civil rights movement, Rosa Parks, was also met with opprobrium from social media users.

Video surfaced from Canning Town station of a protester seemingly being beaten and kicked by angry workers on the station platform having been dragged bodily from the top of a train.

Eight protester arrests this morning brings the total since last Monday to 1,711 as police warn XR's antics are pulling officers from community policing and stretching resources to breaking point.

The group's leaders have called off a planned protest at Gatwick airport 'in light of' the response to the Tube disruption and a spokesman said the group would 'take stock' before disrupting the Underground any further.

In a statement Extinction Rebellion acknowledged one of their own protesters had turned violent this morning.
maz wrote:What does she mean when she mentions white supremacy, racism and the patriachy in the same context with places becoming too hot, mass drought, flooding, mass migration, the global temperatures getting, to one-and-a-half degrees C, and climate repair centers?

People can read that and see what she means. Your interpretation is obviously incorrect.

After reading this, I think I get it now. Extinction Rebellion entire belief system is based on anti-white conspiracy theories!

They are an anti-white doomsday cult! This is probably Greta's belief system as well, or at the very least the belief system of Greta's global warming handers.

In a roundabout way and in their own words, they are definitely blaming global warming solely on white supremacy.

Extinction Rebellion isn’t about the Climate

I doubt it. This seems like something you made up.

Actually, it was a big deal. Although the group did try to claim the train event was an unapproved action, they eventually did take responsibility for it and had to call off future train actions.

These kooks are actually worse than the doomsday Christians who stand on the street corners preaching about Revelations! At least the Christians aren't attaching themselves to trains and demanding that people get saved in order to get the trains moving.

Extinction Rebellion CANCELS plan for Gatwick demo after furious East London commuters drag them off roof of Tube train and rough them up

It was not a big deal.
It was a very big deal for some people, POD. You don't seem to understand that some people travelling on those trains work on a zero hours contract, so if they they're late for their shift, they can't work it.

A whole day's wages lost. Did you not hear that man crying out desperately he needed to get to work because he had kids to feed?

My niece is a sister in a London hospital, working in the accident and emergency department.

She was very late for work, but soldiered on because she knew she was needed. She arrived, tired, angry and frazzled even before a very stressful shift began.

These protestors are morons. Why glue themselves to one of the cleanest methods of getting around in the world? Shit for brains.
People who dislike protests are morons @snapdragon. You are in the minority, too.

'We stand together': Greta Thunberg speaks to massive crowd at Edmonton climate rally
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/we-stand-to ... -1.4644178

Protesters do more than troll on the internet.
Godstud wrote:People who dislike protests are morons @snapdragon. You are in the minority, too.

'We stand together': Greta Thunberg speaks to massive crowd at Edmonton climate rally

Some protesters, like Greta and her climate alarmists, are just idiot trouble makers.
Wanting people to strive towards a better future for people, and the environment, is not alarmist, nor is it bad.

You people who hate her are the "trouble-makers". :knife: You are intimidated by a child with a message. How brave of you. :lol:
Godstud wrote:People who dislike protests are morons @snapdragon. You are in the minority, too.

They troll in real life instead, join hands and sing kum ba yah.

Nah, but I support CC activism up til an extent.

I read the XR website and apparently they explicitly supported delaying the tube as a deliberate policy, so snappy has a right to be a tad angry. That was a fucking idiot policy, actually.

However, the general gist of your point is right, and snappy is generally in the wrong; as she wishes great violence on moronic hippy peaceful protesters, who thinks women get preggers to get council housing, who thinks that revoking Brexit undemocratically and who is marching for that very thing today. Oh and she wishes great ill on brexiteers, summing up how nice she is.
snapdragon wrote:It was a very big deal for some people, POD. You don't seem to understand that some people travelling on those trains work on a zero hours contract, so if they they're late for their shift, they can't work it.

A whole day's wages lost. Did you not hear that man crying out desperately he needed to get to work because he had kids to feed?

My niece is a sister in a London hospital, working in the accident and emergency department.

She was very late for work, but soldiered on because she knew she was needed. She arrived, tired, angry and frazzled even before a very stressful shift began.

These protestors are morons. Why glue themselves to one of the cleanest methods of getting around in the world? Shit for brains.

Again, people showing up late for work or missing a day is the worst negative impact. This is not a big deal. In comparison, people end up in the hospital or the graveyard when neo-Nazis protest.

That is the comparison that @maz is trying to make: that the XR protesters are just as bad as violent criminals.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, people showing up late for work or missing a day is the worst negative impact. This is not a big deal. In comparison, people end up in the hospital or the graveyard when neo-Nazis protest.

That is the comparison that @maz is trying to make: that the XR protesters are just as bad as violent criminals.

Where did I say that?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That is irrelevant. Hardly. All you are […]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]