Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Presvias wrote:^ She finds it funny that people want to kill, hurt and wish pure harm on a 16 year old girl.

Compared to the likes of you, hero is an understatement.. :moron:

Your posts easily vie for the top spot in terms of immaturity. I've given it a fair shot, but it's quite useless to engage with you.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:The SJW opportunists are trying to extract large sums of money from developed countries too. That phenomenon is quite independent of capitalism. They also insist that capitalist/market solutions must not be used.

I doubt this. This seems like the stuff you often make up about progressives.

Nor does it have anything to do with what I discussed.

Her rhetoric has religious features as most reasonable commentators and supporters that I've come across acknowledge. That's part of her appeal and the movement is certainly cultish.

Yes, we discussed the use of metaphors.

Metaphors do not make a cult.

Again, people using science and refusing praise are the exact opposite of cults.

By and large, yes.

How? It is causing climate change problems, and is not solving them.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I doubt this. This seems like the stuff you often make up about progressives. Nor does it have anything to do with what I discussed.

I've given you the link to the demands of the climate strikers. Have a read. Also, a debate is a two-way street and in that spirit I've showed you that this is not simply capitalism at work, but that there are other groups who try to financially benefit from this climate cult who are themselves fiercely anti-capitalist.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, we discussed the use of metaphors. Metaphors do not make a cult. Again, people using science and refusing praise are the exact opposite of cults.

People are not cults, but they can be the leader or in this case the face of one.

Pants-of-dog wrote:How? It is causing climate change problems, and is not solving them.

The idea that there is a solution is hubris. But we'll deal with the problems if they materialise.
I am against doing anything to combat climate change or switch to non-polluting, renewable sources of energy because it owns da libs. Also, I care about poor people in third world countries now even though they need to get THE FUCK OUT of Germany.

Remember what De Beers did to Africans to get their precious diamonds? Well, the fatcat billionaires who want to sell them solar panels are going to be a thousand times worse. It's going to be 9/11^(20 MegaHolocausts).

I care about them, even if their mud culture is destroying mine.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:My interest in her is limited to why she was chosen and why her message seems to have such appeal to so many people.

I think one reason people latch onto her is because she is a child and as yet untainted by all the ecological damage associated with a consumer lifestyle. Many environmentalists feel guilty for the damage done by every flight they take and steak they eat.
Watch: Greta The Puppet Is Clueless Without Her Script

As this recently released video reveals, when she doesn’t have a script, this puppet for the globalist left is quite lost for words.

In the video, Thunberg is asked, “Could you please tell us what you are doing here today? What kind of message would you send to world leaders? Also I’d like to ask you, do you think it’s about time that President Trump would respond to what you have said?”

The girl stutters in response, “Um…I think…I’m sorry, what was the first question?”

When the reporter begins to repeat his question, she interrupts “The message we want to send is that we’ve had enough,” before seemingly attempting to get someone else near her to answer the question instead.

When no one obliges, she adds “I can’t speak on behalf of everyone.”

Again, no one else offers to speak for themselves.

When another question is asked, which is inaudible on the tape, Thunberg responds, “I think maybe you should give some questions to the others as well.”

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg’s intense and angry speech signals the “complete surrender of rational thinking,” says Sky News host Chris Kenny.

Professor Jordan Peterson on climate change and climate policy at the Cambridge Union
@Hindsite I also hate people who seem more righteous than me and like it if someone expose their weakness, but what you shared is a bit too far and I don't think you Lord will approve your action.
Code Rood wrote:Tell us a story about big bad whitey.

Ok. Here's a story.

Long ago, life was perfect before the degenerate white man descended upon humanity. Then an evil scientist named Yakub bred monstrous, pale demons for use in his army to take over the world.

Yakub died and his servant race of mayo breathed goblins continue to haunt us. They say that, late at night when the moon is dark, you can stand outside of a dying strip mall in heroin country and hear their voices carry on the wind, asking to speak to your manager.

Some say that if you're a child who dreams of a better future, or even the most marginal improvements to society, white people will come during the night and call you a Soros funded sex slave. They will even pretend they're not nazis and that they care about poor people just to spite you.

"No!" they will hiss, "I just really care about the costs incurred by people in countries I don't want to have immigration rights to my glorious homeland, Whitelandia. I truly care about them," they will say as they raise their left arm, their claw open and facing downward, in the traditional white greeting.

The end.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Ok. Here's a story.

Long ago, life was perfect before the degenerate white man descended upon humanity. Then an evil scientist named Yakub bred monstrous, pale demons for use in his army to take over the world.

Yakub died and his servant race of mayo breathed goblins continue to haunt us. They say that, late at night when the moon is dark, you can stand outside of a dying strip mall in heroin country and hear their voices carry on the wind, asking to speak to your manager.

Some say that if you're a child who dreams of a better future, or even the most marginal improvements to society, white people will come during the night and call you a Soros funded sex slave. They will even pretend they're not nazis and that they care about poor people just to spite you.

"No!" they will hiss, "I just really care about the costs incurred by people in countries I don't want to have immigration rights to my glorious homeland, Whitelandia. I truly care about them," they will say as they raise their left arm, their claw open and facing downward, in the traditional white greeting.

The end.

Funny and cute, but you seem to think that condemning white supremacy and nazism is the most rebellious and courageous thing one could ever do in today's world. Am I right?
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:I've given you the link to the demands of the climate strikers. Have a read. Also, a debate is a two-way street and in that spirit I've showed you that this is not simply capitalism at work, but that there are other groups who try to financially benefit from this climate cult who are themselves fiercely anti-capitalist.

No, if you want to make a claim, then it is your job to support it. It is not my job to refind a link, read it, find the information that you feel supports it, quote it, show how it relates to your argument, and then start analysing it critically.

Quote the relevant text.

Again, your claim is that SJWs are trying to get rich off her.

People are not cults, but they can be the leader or in this case the face of one.

But there is no cult. There is just a repeated use of a metaphor that you associate with religion.

The idea that there is a solution is hubris. But we'll deal with the problems if they materialise.

Probkems have materialiased, and the system is ignoring the problems.
Patrickov wrote:@Hindsite I also hate people who seem more righteous than me and like it if someone expose their weakness, but what you shared is a bit too far and I don't think you Lord will approve your action.

In case you did not read my reply to Pants-of-dog here it is:

Hindsite wrote:I don't hate her. I feel sorry for her being so deceived by propaganda from climate activists that she imagines a soon to occur mass extinction doomsday from global warming that has taken away her normal childhood that has made her extremely angry and irrational.

Greta Thunberg is a young 16-year old female that suffers severely from Asperger Syndrome, a condition on the autism spectrum, I have learned.

With her learning disorder, she can't tell the truth from lies; and therefore becomes depressed and rants about things not under her control.

I believe she was more uncomfortable than anyone else. But her delusional speech apparently resonated, as German chancellor Angela Merkel, who can’t seem to slow down her own catastrophic policy making mistakes, pledged to increase that country’s climate-change spending from two billion euros to four.

I am not about hating people, but about love and truth. It should be obvious that no 16 year old teenager at this time knows enough about the global warming/climate change scare to know the truth. I see nothing I shared that my Lord and Savior would have objections. After all, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6)

Greta's ranting about a crisis that she does not even know exits is not a good plan to get anything productive done. The good professor in the video stated that among the many worst problems in the world, a climate crisis doesn't even make the list.
Hindsite wrote:In case you did not read my reply to Pants-of-dog here it is:

I am not about hating people, but about love and truth. It should be obvious that no 16 year old teenager at this time knows enough about the global warming/climate change scare to know the truth. I see nothing I shared that my Lord and Savior would have objections. After all, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6)

Greta's ranting about a crisis that she does not even know exits is not a good plan to get anything productive done. The good professor in the video stated that among the many worst problems in the world, a climate crisis doesn't even make the list.

Much of what you said is speculation or even assumption without proper proof. It is much better to focus on attacking the points she delivered (which you probably are already doing), rather than her behaviour that makes you believe she's either weak or misinformed.

I don't endorse her as well, for the problem is not that simple, and being Swedish means that she probably doesn't know there are nations or people who (still) have their livelihood depending on polluting or environmental unfriendly stuff. In some sense, if the like of Greta believe what they believe, they have to realise that they will need to walk over some corpses sooner or later.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]