Universal Studios Cancels 'The Hunt' Theatrical Release - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15025723
My guess was that the reason that they wanted to release this is that it would become one of those must-see films for both liberals & conservatives to argue about.

Everyone would debate

    Who are the good guys?
    Who are the bad guys?
    Is this inherently political? Or is it just a story?
    Etc.

The content would not really matter -- it would be a money grab through controversy.

But, of course, we all know that Hollywood is leftist as well. I do not think that this would mean that there is some really nefarious motivations at the base of it. Greed is bad enough, right?
#15026100
maz wrote:It actually looked like a pretty decent movie. If anything, it proves that conservatives need to be able to defend themselves from evil liberal elites.

I think they should release it. They probably realize that it's going to help Trump get re-elected. Anyway, this is they type of fear that triggers the mass shooters. Apparently, @SpecialOlympian's supposed satire of "white genocide" has a lot of mentally ill people spooked.

Verv wrote:My guess was that the reason that they wanted to release this is that it would become one of those must-see films for both liberals & conservatives to argue about.

Well, the irony of the story is that conservatives are so much more skilled with firearms, etc. than liberal elites.

Anyway, there is apparently a significant fear of the white genocide meme, and I guess that's why @SpecialOlympian finds it so funny.
#15026168
blackjack21 wrote: Apparently, @SpecialOlympian's supposed satire of "white genocide" has a lot of mentally ill people spooked.


Anyway, there is apparently a significant fear of the white genocide meme, and I guess that's why @SpecialOlympian finds it so funny.


SpecialOlympian is a special olympian, it's not exactly unprecedented for the ruling class to weaponize demographics and population dynamics, the ruling class has been doing that all through recorded history. The "white genocide" theory may be a crude folk understanding of what's being done but there is a substantial element of truth contained in it.
#15026188
Pants-of-dog wrote:So white genocide is what a right wing pundit says it is?


[breaking of rule 2 deleted - Prosthetic Conscience, mod] aside, the ruling class absolutely does manipulate population dynamics for power and profit and has all throughout history.
#15026193
Because the first two minutes is about how he thinks we all should be like Cesar Chavez, and has nothing to do with your claims.

I am not going to say that you have failed to support your claims.

Instead, I will simply point out that you have not even clarified what your claim is.
#15026195
At the very least what the liberal establishment elites are doing is importing a voting block they can capture through clientelist politics and play off against the white working class. They exploited the black vote in exactly this manner for decades.
#15026197
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Edit: Does Carlson even mention white genocide in that video?


No, he doesn't. And I clearly stated that white genocide is a crude folk theory, the element of truth it contains is that the ruling class is manipulating population dynamics for its own benefit. I'm offering a solid class based analysis and you're just desperately trying to bring it back to white genocide. :knife:
#15026205
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you are completely abandoning the white genocide argument


I'm not abandoning anything, I was never defending the white genocide argument. Like I said, you're just desperate to keep it centered on white genocide because it's the [rule 3 deletion] straw man you need to avoid having to engage with a substantive critique.
#15026209
Sivad wrote:I'm not abandoning anything, I was never defending the white genocide argument.


Sivad, 2 hours earlier wrote:The "white genocide" theory may be a crude folk understanding of what's being done but there is a substantial element of truth contained in it.

'Never' just doesn't seem very long, these days. It's not enough time to cook a turkey.

You talked about "white genocide" before PoD did. It seems quite reasonable that you are asked to explain what you meant about it. After all, the thread topic is a cancelled film apparently about "elites" hunting kidnapped salt-of-the-earth American types, in, it seems, Croatia. What, after all, would election demographics have to do with the thread topic? What was your purpose in posting that video?
#15026210
@Sivad

Yes, let us ignore the fact that you mentioned that the white genocide conspiracy theory had a “substantial element of truth” and look at your new argument instead.

Can you please clarify exactly what you mean by “what the liberal establishment elites are doing is importing a voting block they can capture through clientelist politics and play off against the white working class”?

Thanks!
#15026212
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:'Never' just doesn't seem very long, these days. It's not enough time to cook a turkey.

You talked about "white genocide" before PoD did. It seems quite reasonable that you are asked to explain what you meant about it. After all, the thread topic is a cancelled film apparently about "elites" hunting kidnapped salt-of-the-earth American types, in, it seems, Croatia. What, after all, would election demographics have to do with the thread topic? What was your purpose in posting that video?


Blackjack brought up white genocide, I was simply responding to his post. I stated that white genocide is a crude folk theory but it does contain an element of truth. If you're taking that as an endorsement or defense then you're either not very bright or incredibly dishonest.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/11700444400118[…]

Your post is just complete lying rubbish now. You[…]

As a Christian, and especially as a Christian con[…]

At the end of this video, one of the vermin antif[…]