Universal Studios Cancels 'The Hunt' Theatrical Release - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15028528
Sivad wrote:Yeah, if we were to rate cultures on a scale from 1 - 10 according to those criteria I'd give the US like a 3.5, it's not what I'd call a superior society. It just has relative superiority to most of the societies these people are coming from which would rate at 1 - 1.5 on that scale.


We will get back to that.

Now, how about a culture that gives some freedom to its own people but deliberately destroys liberty, peace, and prosperity in other countries?

How do we compare that to a country that has never had the opportunity to provide freedom (or not) because there was always a foreign power making that impossible?

In a simplistic way, we would simply condemn the country that has never had any opportunity and ignore the fact that the oppression is caused by the “freer” country.

But that would be like me saying that I am better at providing a home for my family than you, right after I burn your home to the ground.

There are metrics for all of those criteria, you can go look them up if you're interested.


Excellent. Please provide a link. Thanks.

The gulagist culture of Cuba is the reason anyone would have to do that in the first place.


No, the embargo on US auto parts is due to the Helms-Burton law, which is a US law.

The fact that Cubans tolerate that shit at all should disqualify them from mass immigrating to anywhere.


People from Cuba have tolerated US meddling for some time, that is true. But that would imply they are culturally superior and therefore more deserving of migration.
#15028529
If the one or two percent of the people from the south that are really switched on politically and socially were immigrating here I'd be all for it. That's like what, 50 to 100 million people? That would be a massive demographic shift that I would welcome. We're not gonna get many of those people though, we're gonna get the bottom of the barrel, the backward and ignorant. That's not gonna help this society and it's not gonna help the societies they're coming from. It's just gonna be bad for everyone except the globalist oligarchs.
#15028530
Pants-of-dog wrote: a country that has never had the opportunity to provide freedom (or not) because there was always a foreign power making that impossible?


Bullshit. That's a simplistic bullshit narrative. Those people are not helpless victims that had no chance of resisting imperialist domination. The only reason the US was able to dominate those societies so successfully is the people in those societies have no consciousness and no solidarity. They don't give a fuck about each other and they don't have any real commitment to the principles that would have allowed them to overcome the predations of global imperialism.
#15028538
Sivad wrote:Horse-puckey. That's a simplistic horse-puckey narrative. Those people are not helpless victims that had no chance of resisting imperialist domination. The only reason the US was able to dominate those societies so successfully is the people in those societies have no consciousness and no solidarity. They don't give a toodle about each other and they don't have any real commitment to the principles that would have allowed them to overcome the predations of global imperialism.


So, it has nothing to do with access to resources, whether or not the colonisers and their wealth stayed in the country, land base, access to oceans, and other historical factors?

Instead, we should ignore all that and just blame the colonised for not having the same “consciousness and solidarity”.

Even though there have been more successful socialist governments in Latin America than in North America, and this implies that Latino cultures have a stronger sense of “consciousness and solidarity”.
#15028542
Sivad wrote:That's the problem right there, it's not about race at all. If the people from the global South we're culturally superior I would welcome the displacement, I'd be doing everything I could to help accelerate it. If they were on par with the West in terms of civic and political and social culture I'd be indifferent. The reality is these are defeated peoples from broken cultures and they are going to bring their problems with them.


This is generally right, but two things...

(1) The goal should be transforming your own ethnos if it sucks.

Every ethnos will be able to manifest something in its own unique way. It has, within it, raw gems that are reflections of its potential. So, it would not do to simply welcome displacement and embracing a new culture... it would still require simply chiseling away the inferior aspects of your own culture to create a culture that was worth living in.

This is something that ethnic Malays are doing, IMO, and this is why they will never simply mimic the Chinese or accept them as some welcome, stabilizing, and modernizing force. They can't.

(2) There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Let us say that someone is on par with us, and their presence is not even a negative impact. Let us say that Canada or Washington was almost exclusively accepting high quality cultures, but suddenly half of Vancouver is Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, and the culture itself is shifting, but there's no discernible impact...

The Canadians have nowhere else to go. This is their society. I mean, sure, theoretically, you can argue that they could "go back to Britain" or some such,but that is not even the point...

The point is that many soceities might offer similarly good results to Canada, Norway, Japan, or Switzerland, but they are not 1:1s with them at all.

So, even if they do not hurt or even improve some aspects, there's one thing that Japanese & Chinese people in Vancouver can't actually do: be old stock Canadians.

Trust me on this, because I also assure you that my own kids could never actually be legit Koreans, and even my grandkids probably could not be.

It'd take three or four generations with the right moves to make my bloodline even be Korean.
#15028545
@Pants-of-dog, you can come up with all the excuses you want but the bottom line is if those people had their shit together they could have sent the empire packing a long time back.
#15028549
Verv wrote:This is generally right, but two things...

(1) The goal should be transforming your own ethnos if it sucks.



(2) There are many like it, but this one is mine.



Even if I could come up with a good reason to be invested in my ethnos the reality is all ethnos are gonna be obsolete within a few short centuries. Advancements in technologies like genetics, AI, neurorobotics, etc are going to give rise to a break away civilization and ultimately a speciation, all the ethnos are doomed and so irrelevant. What we're playing for now is the future of intelligent life, and if we lose this game to the psychopathic power mongers that currently run this planet that future will be unimaginably twisted.

The game isn't to save the people, the game is saving the future of life from people. If we don't dislodge these predatory elites from power by socially uplifting all people everywhere then in the not too distant future intelligent life, which is what I claim as my ethnos, is gonna find itself trapped in a perpetual fucking nightmare that could go on for eons. The stakes are just too high to be dicking around with stupid bullshit like race politics.
#15028613
Sivad wrote:@Pants-of-dog, you can come up with all the excuses you want but the bottom line is if those people had their shit together they could have sent the empire packing a long time back.


I agree, the citizens of the USA could have stopped the US neo-imperialism and neo-colonialism if they had the wherewithal to do so, and they either lack the ability, or more likely, they simply do not care that their government oppresses people.

Are they culturally inferior because of this?
#15028715
Sivad wrote:“Ireland constantly sends her own surplus to the English labor market, and thus forces down wages and lowers the material and moral position of the English working class. It is the secret by which the capitalist class maintains its power.” - Karl Marx

When taken in its given context , I agree with this quote . https://portside.org/2017-02-19/marx-immigration It's like the position taken by Sen. Bernie Sanders https://www.democracynow.org/2016/3/10/clinton_sanders_spar_on_immigration_reform Economic motivated immigration is the product of imperialism . https://www.liberationnews.org/imperialism-immigration-and-latin-america-html/ , https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/09/us-policy-latinx-immigration/ And this is why , as even the notoriously reputed Evalion has pointed out , one cannot really be both a nationalist and a capitalist .
#15028721
Sivad wrote:Even if I could come up with a good reason to be invested in my ethnos the reality is all ethnos are gonna be obsolete within a few short centuries. Advancements in technologies like genetics, AI, neurorobotics, etc are going to give rise to a break away civilization and ultimately a speciation, all the ethnos are doomed and so irrelevant. What we're playing for now is the future of intelligent life, and if we lose this game to the psychopathic power mongers that currently run this planet that future will be unimaginably twisted.

The game isn't to save the people, the game is saving the future of life from people. If we don't dislodge these predatory elites from power by socially uplifting all people everywhere then in the not too distant future intelligent life, which is what I claim as my ethnos, is gonna find itself trapped in a perpetual fucking nightmare that could go on for eons. The stakes are just too high to be dicking around with stupid bullshit like race politics.


Just as a note... I think this will be my last post in this thread. But it has been fun & I have really enjoyed your unique and interesting perspective.

(Transhumanism) I do not think there will be a transhuman revolution that will create massive shifts because (a) developing the interfaces is too difficult, and (b) generally people do not want to lose their humanity when they can have their humanity and then just the escapism or functionality of the machine. I also think (c) there will be intense regulation of what is acceptable and unacceptable to do, and while rogue scientists and rogue states with money will perhaps do some ghastly things with it, it'll ultimately be considered serious enough to be highly stigmatized and flatly rejected.

Why make a man into a monster when you can just make a machine that a man can use?

(race politics) Race politics are not stupid even if people who do them are sometimes quite stupid.

Even form the perspective of the left, they recognize that different groups have grievances and issues that they have to handle, right? Just as such, we have our own grievances and issues.

Having said that, our religious ties and our highest ideological beliefs are the most important thing.
#15028728
Pants-of-dog wrote:I agree, the citizens of the USA could have stopped the US neo-imperialism and neo-colonialism if they had the wherewithal to do so, and they either lack the ability, or more likely, they simply do not care that their government oppresses people.

Are they culturally inferior because of this?


Objectively inferior to any rational standard. And that's not a racist statement you're making, it's an undeniable fact. American culture is institutionalized corruption, rampant criminality among the power elite, the intellectual class is pathologically dedicated to bullshit, the mass culture is a mix of mindless consumerism, militarism, fake news, moral panics, religious fundamentalism, braindead political partisanism, and checked out apathetic trash strung out on prescription psychotropics, street drugs, and inane pop culture. American culture is totally degenerate.
#15028734
Deutschmania wrote:When taken in its given context , I agree with this quote . https://portside.org/2017-02-19/marx-immigration It's like the position taken by Sen. Bernie Sanders https://www.democracynow.org/2016/3/10/clinton_sanders_spar_on_immigration_reform Economic motivated immigration is the product of imperialism . https://www.liberationnews.org/imperialism-immigration-and-latin-america-html/ , https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/09/us-policy-latinx-immigration/ And this is why , as even the notoriously reputed Evalion has pointed out , one cannot really be both a nationalist and a capitalist .



Deustchmania, I am afraid a lot of these nationalists don't get much. They need videos like this to make connections in their heads because? They believe the capitalist shit they are peddled even though they think they are nationalists? They are just another group of people that never studied the economic system they grew up with.

Why? LACK OF EDUCATION coupled with a bunch of shit they think is true that is not. We know who those folks are in this thread don't we? Yes. :D
#15028741
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:However, you've also claimed you are colour-blind:

So you think no one should be singling out people because of the colour of their skin, yet you also claim that non-white immigration is "white genocide", not because it involves deaths, but because it means more people of a different colour.

You make no sense.


@Sivad is conflicted about many things. He needs to work on it.

Something tells me he was some kind of white nationalist and started reading a lot and is very intelligent and has a lot that is very interesting to say. But there is a lot of anger there. And it is directed sometimes at the greater society and even at himself.

I wish he would realize he is enough unto himself. He has all that he needs and doesn't need anything else. Only to be responsible and be free. Those are his only two obligations in this world. Be responsible and be free and spend lots of time on what he wants to do with his life.

Life is beautiful as that famous movie is titled @Sivad .

I say go and see the world young man. Experience many cultures with your own two eyes and then come back and rank them as much as you want.

Do you know what my little kid asked me today? My little boy, he asked me, "who invented napkins?" I had no idea. But I think he could ask google and get an answer. You got the ability to ask questions and get answers.

I had to open heavy encyclopedias in my day and books and work harder for those kinds of questions. No excuses for you younger folk...lol.
#15028743
Sivad wrote:Objectively inferior to any rational standard. And that's not a racist statement you're making, it's an undeniable fact. American culture is institutionalized corruption, rampant criminality among the power elite, the intellectual class is pathologically dedicated to bullshit, the mass culture is a mix of mindless consumerism, militarism, fake news, moral panics, religious fundamentalism, braindead political partisanism, and checked out apathetic trash strung out on prescription psychotropics, street drugs, and inane pop culture. American culture is totally degenerate.


Then it would be improved by immigration.
#15028749
Tainari88 wrote:@Sivad is conflicted about many things. He needs to work on it.

Something tells me he was some kind of white nationalist and started reading a lot and is very intelligent and has a lot that is very interesting to say.


I was never anything close to a white nationalist and I haven't made any statements in this thread or anywhere else on this forum or any forum or platform that would lead any reasonable person to think that about me. You people play some dirty fucking pool, you have no scruples and no shame.

Prosthetic Conscience deliberately misrepresented my statements and distorted the clear and obvious meaning of what I wrote to try to make it look like I'm confused or something. People only resort to bullshit tactics like that when they can't come up with an intelligent rebuttal.
Last edited by Sivad on 23 Aug 2019 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
#15028753
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then it would be improved by immigration.


Not from places like Mexico, Mexico is more fucked up than the US so mass immigration from Mexico is only going to further degrade American culture. And that's not going to be good for Mexico, America, or the rest of the world. It's going to make everything worse for everyone.

I just don't understand how you people got it in your heads that a brown majority US would be a more benevolent US. Brown people run paramilitary death squads, narco terrorist cartels, and military juntas against other brown people. They exploit the fuck out of each other in every conceivable way. Mass immigration from Latin America isn't gonna do shit to help your ethno cause.
#15028761
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then it would be improved by immigration.


I think a lot of jobs immigrants do might be drying up in the future with automation and robotics Pants.

There will be two kinds of immigrants. The high tech and skilled ones with fine foreign educations and the low skilled with low educations.

But most of the new immigrants will be from Asia like India and China, and Latin America like Mexico and Cuba. Europe is in a shrinking birth rate mode and new immigrants there are changing those societies as well. Capitalism is like Deustchmania video states.....anti-nationalism. That is why the nationalists and popular Rightists are making a comeback, it is their last effort at losing everything to the late-stage globalists and the liberals who are market liberals.

It is the last-ditch effort at holding on to ideas of borders for nationalism.

I know that capitalism is internationalist. If the nationalists want to beat the capitalist with the borderless crap? they need to become internationalists like I am and organize working-class people as a solid black. Not divide the world up with ideas of "We are better than you or you are better than us." That kind of thinking sucks. It always has.
#15028763
Sivad wrote:Not from places like Mexico, Mexico is more fucked up than the US so mass immigration from Mexico is only going to further degrade American culture. And that's not going to be good for Mexico, America, or the rest of the world. It's going to make everything worse for everyone.

I just don't understand how you people got it in your heads that a brown majority US would be a more benevolent US. Brown people run paramilitary death squads, narco-terrorist cartels, and military juntas against other brown people. They exploit the fuck out of each other in every conceivable way. Mass immigration from Latin America isn't gonna do shit to help your ethno cause.


I think you fail to realize white people, brown people, yellow people, red people, and black people and what else color people are left in your color-coded scene here Sivad? Are all HUMANS. That is what is 'degrading your arguments'. You are placing some very conflicting shit in your arguments. Prosthetic Conscience noticed that. So do I.

Brown people don't degrade American culture. Did you listen to Deustchmania's video? Capitalists seek workers from all over the world.

Some class conscious black elite in Kenya doesn't identify with a low ranking peasant in Kenya. Both have the same dark skin pigmentation. The differences are about class and social status and economic power. Not color. You need to dump the color coding and analyze power plays through the entire human race. All the ethnic groups. Not fall into bullshit white nationalist theories of the whites in the USA invented greatness and the Brown ones are dumbells who are going to degrade the white genius people. That shit is for dummies Sivad.

Make a coherent scientific argument about that video Deustchmania posted. Do you disagree or not? If you agree state why you do? If you disagree with it? Why?

That is where you should begin. If you can't reconcile your glaring contradictions? @Prosthetic Conscience assessment of your contradictions not making sense is correct.
#15028767
Tainari88 wrote:I think you fail to realize white people, brown people, yellow people, red people, and black people and what else color people are left in your color-coded scene here Sivad? Are all HUMANS. That is what is 'degrading your arguments'.


Don't try to turn it around, you're the one obsessed with ethnos and making this about race, you straight up told me that just two days ago in the other thread. I'm talking culture, and all cultures are not equal. You can keep trying to convince everyone I'm some kind of racist but nobody that I have any respect for is gonna take that seriously.


I don't get what you people think you get out of this kind of bullshit. This is a zero impact forum, there's no reason for these lame tactics.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

The carbon tax fallacy Recently, a coalition of[…]

Trump, Oh my god !

How could Pence possibly be treated the same as Tr[…]

Canadian Federal Election

@Finfinder comparing an embarrassing incident to[…]

Dr Joel Moskowitz, Public Health at UC Berkeley ht[…]