Muslim women 'sterilised' in China detention camps, say former detainees - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I am sort of with @Zionist Nationalist of this one. I say that what the PRC is doing is genocide and it is monstrous but I have just run out of pity for muslims. Uighyrs probably are not even that bad compared with the core Islamic constituency. They are on the furthest edge of the Islamic expansion so whatever they do is probably mostly their original local folk religion with just an Islamic flavouring for the sake of staying alive under Islamic rule, sort of like the Alawites. But I'll care about the Copts in Egypt or the Jews is Israel before I care about the muslims in the PRC.

Anyway what can anyone do about it?

#Free Tibet
Ter wrote:Let me know when you reach Tibet, I will join you in the noble fight.
A Jew and an Arab, fighting side by side for justice !

You do know that the minute I establish an anarchist society Israel's probably going to declare war on me and ergo America.

So if I were to make it there at all anarchism would be spread to Israel. The plus side is that no one gets what they want. The downside for you at least is that there is no more Israel.
Verv wrote:"Fascist" is meaningless, then.

"Fascism" is not really a serious ideology anymore. It's just a word to describe authoritarianism that I do not like.

Well, we have a racist totalitarian regime that's rejected communist economics and acts as a brutal ethno-state committing genocide against ethnic minorities in order to "purify" the Chinese population.
SolarCross wrote:I am sort of with @Zionist Nationalist of this one. I say that what the PRC is doing is genocide and it is monstrous but I have just run out of pity for muslims. Uighyrs probably are not even that bad compared with the core Islamic constituency. They are on the furthest edge of the Islamic expansion so whatever they do is probably mostly their original local folk religion with just an Islamic flavouring for the sake of staying alive under Islamic rule, sort of like the Alawites. But I'll care about the Copts in Egypt or the Jews is Israel before I care about the muslims in the PRC.

Anyway what can anyone do about it?

#Free Tibet

What about "Muslims aren't homogeneous" do you not understand?

Just because a Muslim or a government composed of Muslims does a bad thing doesn't mean "ALL MUSLIMS DESERVE EVERYTHING BAD *starts frothing in mouth*". If we were to apply the same standards to Westerners, the rest of world would've genocided you for how many atrocities you've committed.

Like, was this woman responsible for terrorists attacks? No. Did this woman commit an act of violence against you? No. Is she even a Muslim extremist? No. So why do you not sympathise with her?

The most hypocritical thing to do in the world is to sympathize with some oppression while dismissing others. This is what you're doing now. Unless you oppose the oppression of every single individual on Earth you are inconsistent.
Hong Wu wrote:Why wait for someone to supposedly defend genocide before you start attacking the non-person who hasn't spoken yet?

I have such low expectations for this forum's members that I decided to cover that base before anyone can say it.

Thankfully they've moved their goalposts to saying "ha ha she deserved it because she MAZLEM!" so I guess it worked.
Palmyrene wrote:What about "Muslims aren't homogeneous" do you not understand?

Just because a Muslim or a government composed of Muslims does a bad thing doesn't mean "ALL MUSLIMS DESERVE EVERYTHING BAD *starts frothing in mouth*". If we were to apply the same standards to Westerners, the rest of world would've genocided you for how many atrocities you've committed.

Like, was this woman responsible for terrorists attacks? No. Did this woman commit an act of violence against you? No. Is she even a Muslim extremist? No. So why do you not sympathise with her?

The most hypocritical thing to do in the world is to sympathize with some oppression while dismissing others. This is what you're doing now. Unless you oppose the oppression of every single individual on Earth you are inconsistent.

Dude, read what I said.

1. I said the Uighyrs are probably not as bad as the core Islamic constituencies. And I referenced the Alawites as being different as well. CLEARLY I am aware that muslims are not homogenous. You are literally attacking a strawman.

2. I did not say they deserved it only that they were not high on my pity list. In fact I did describe it as "monstrous".

3. It isn't inconsistent to care about people differentially because literally everyone, including you, does it. You don't care a hoot if an Israeli woman gets stabbed by a palestinian militant but you are ready to cry rivers if any muslim anywhere has a bad day.
Last edited by SolarCross on 13 Aug 2019 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
SolarCross wrote:Dude, read what I said.

1. I said the Uighyrs are probably not as bad as the core Islamic constituencies. And I referenced the Alawites as being different as well. CLEARLY I am aware that muslims are not homogenous. You are literally attacking a strawman.

Then why don't you sympathize with them? Why do think they deserve it?

How are core Islamic constituencies bad btw? I assume you're referring to Sunnis who aren't even that bad. I know this for a fact because I live with Sunnis.

2. I did not say they deserved it only that they were not high on my pity list. In fact I did describe it as "monstrous".

You shouldn't have a pity list. Oppression is oppression. It doesn't matter who or what.

3. It isn't inconsistent to care about people differentially because literally everyone, including you, does it. You don't care a hoot if an Israeli woman gets stabbed by a palestinian militant but you are ready to cry rivers if any muslim anywhere has a bad day.

I care about oppression, it doesn't matter who it is.

I support Kurds, Copts, Assyrians, Maronites, Muwahidden, and other religious minorities oppressed by governments in the Middle East.

I support Tibeteans, Tartars, Uighurs, Naxalites, Palestinians, Zapatistas, and other occupied indigenious groups.

I support anyone who is oppressed by their own society. A woman having acid thrown at her face, a black man being shot by police for looking strange, a homosexual ostracized by his community, a Chinese political activist having his organs taken away and left for dead, a white working class man struggling to feed his family, and all other outcasts and disenfranchised groups.

I am consistent, unlike you.

Or maybe there is evidence, just like it was in th[…]

The protest encampments are now spreading to other[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]