The Outrage Exchange - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Hong Wu
I saw one of those articles that made me feel like I just had to post my thoughts. It was about how the Democrats should make Trump's Twitter account into an election issue: https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats ... ref=scroll

Courtesy of the Daily Beast, which would have been my second guess after Slate.

I fall into the camp that views a good deal of human interaction as bullshit. Basically, I think that you could simplify many interactions into agreed upon exchanges, wherein both parties are refusing to say what is really going on but they understand implicitly what is happening. This is probably a more East Asian thing than a western thing but western people do it too, they just don't always realize that they are doing it.

Specifically here, I'm talking about the "outrage exchange." If we could simplify the interactions that angry leftists have with President Trump's Twitter, for years now, it is basically this:

Trump: "You have to give me this thing but in return, you get to be outraged over what I said."
Angry Leftist: "Yeah, I don't really give a fuck so OK, let's do this."

As I've opined before, a lot of these people just want to be angry. Donald Trump understands that and it's not going to stop working for him because they can't admit to what it is they really want, that would ruin the charade. Sad!
HongWu wrote:As I've opined before, a lot of these people just want to be angry. Donald Trump understands that and it's not going to stop working for them because they can't admit to what it is they really want, that would ruin the charade.

Not sure if it's unrelated, but I found this weekend's Portland protests interesting. Again, the Proud Boys and the Patriot Prayer group are not standing down, and they are not instigating violence. Again, the mayor of Portland and police are standing by an watching Antifa violence as spectators. Again, the mainstream media is keeping a safe distance from Antifa violence while trying to stir up the anti-right narrative--and it's all being captured on cell phones and shared across the world.

So much of what the left does has been staged for decades.

I've stated many times before that when I lived in San Francisco, I could see these small little rent-a-mobs while walking down the street and then see them on the evening news looking like some big and significant crowd, when they couldn't have been more than 20-30 people and the news media knew just how to shoot the event to make it look like much more than it was. That's just not working anymore.

Want to know what's going on in Hong Kong? Want to know what the Gilets Jaunes are doing in France? It will come from someone's cell phone via a "hostile" news outlet like RT, while the BBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, FoxNews, France24, Deutschwelle, etc. suppress it.
By Hong Wu
DT really only has to wait until the opportune moment to declare them a domestic terrorist organization because they're not going to stop beating people up. They'll keep doing it until it happens.
By Hong Wu
Also, I'm actually in Hong Kong and while I've avoided commenting for obvious reasons, one thing I've noticed (as a Trump supporter) is that I haven't seen any Pepe the Frogs in person. Not that I go to the protests. But the western media is basically greatly overstating the amount of Pepes to be found because it's a western/Trump associated thing. Similarly, I've never seen an American flag getting waived. So they're basically presenting a pro-American, pro-Trump face to these things that I'm not sure is actually there, contrary to their own apparent interests.

I've noticed a similar thing with the whole Greenland issue. The entire discussion is about making Trump look like a bold guy and the economy look good. It's obviously not going to happen but the left gets to act angry and superior about it, in return, Trump gets that "persuasion" play.
Hong Wu wrote:Also, I'm actually in Hong Kong and while I've avoided commenting for obvious reasons, one thing I've noticed (as a Trump supporter) is that I haven't seen any Pepe the Frogs in person. Not that I go to the protests. But the western media is basically greatly overstating the amount of Pepes to be found because it's a western/Trump associated thing. Similarly, I've never seen an American flag getting waived. So they're basically presenting a pro-American, pro-Trump face to these things that I'm not sure is actually there, contrary to their own apparent interests.

I'm guessing the goal is to try to get American leftists to condemn Hong Kong protesters by trying to associate them with Donald Trump. As you stated before,

Hong Wu wrote:I saw one of those articles that made me feel like I just had to post my thoughts. It was about how the Democrats should make Trump's Twitter account into an election issue: https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats ... ref=scroll

Basically, they don't know how to beat him, so they have come up with a list of ways to attack him personally. They will just keep going down the list to see if something will stick. It's the old politics of personal destruction, which I've stated is ineffective against Trump because he was a known quantity way before he entered politics. People already had an opinion of him, and the media cannot change it. They can only shape a first impression, which will work on people who will not dig deeper. As people have as much trust in the media as they do in Wikipedia, people who want to know more will not simply trust the media.

The establishment literally doesn't know what to do. So we see articles like this:

After ICE
The economic consequences of mass job loss will soon come face to face with September rent payments. The fallout from the country’s largest workplace raids in years has blanketed the Hispanic community here in sadness, fear, and desperation.

See what's happening here that they don't want to tell you? Corporate employers prefer Mexicans who have no rights over blacks who do. See why the black unemployment rate is going down?

In Morton, Mississippi, population 3,600, more than 10 percent of the town has now been either incarcerated or fired.

Illegal aliens have been fired, but US citizens can apply for and get those jobs. They will be filled mostly by blacks.

Also, a little anecdote I've shared about the Catholic church in California:

On Sunday, Aug. 11—four days after the raids—the second of two Spanish-language masses was underway at St. Michael’s. In a low brick outbuilding, a trio of nuns who had driven from Alabama tried to keep the kids out of trouble while a group of young civil engineers from Vicksburg, 90 minutes to the west, helped adults fill out raid intake forms for missing family members.

See? Exactly the same thing is happening in Mississippi of all places. You have to have Spanish-language masses for the number of illegal aliens. It's literally that bad.

Esther, a 33-year-old poultry worker from Chiapas, Mexico, has lived in the U.S. without papers for 10 years.

The origin of the term "WOP"...

For an administration that pledged to quadruple its workplace inspections, the poultry towns of central Mississippi made an obvious target. Nominally, the plants employed E-Verify, the U.S. government’s online portal for checking Social Security numbers. But federal officials knew of hundreds of undocumented workers who had worked at the plants over the past two decades. Here as in other low-wage work centers, undocumented workers paid hundreds of dollars to purchase Americans’ Social Security numbers on the black market or borrowed them from family members to fulfill the terms of the 1986 immigration law that made employing undocumented immigrants a crime. It’s estimated that more than 1.8 million immigrants work in the United States using Social Security numbers that do not match their names.

Trump has the ability to slash the African American and Hispanic American unemployment rate, and that's exactly what he's doing. That's why his popularity among that group has risen by 20% since 2016, and why the Democrats are trying to run on "White Supremacy." It's hardball politics.

Still, the practice is for the most part a victimless crime, one whose largest consequence by far is the $13 billion subsidy that undocumented workers contribute into the Social Security fund for U.S. citizens in the form of payroll taxes.

It's a crime against unemployed black and Hispanic Americans for sure. Yet, you can see why politicians in both parties are okay with this. They are collecting payroll taxes that won't be subject to a refund. That's how seriously fucked up our politicians have become (and their compliant media).

Immigrants also point out that the status quo has long been tolerated by virtually everyone, from Congress (which has repeatedly declined to address the issue of the nation’s estimated 11 million undocumented residents) to plant managers who have looked the other way or, just as often, actively sought out undocumented workers.

Yep, but as US citizens don't have those jobs, an ICE raid can turn into an extra 600 votes in one town alone for people who were unemployed and used to vote Democrat and now have a job thanks to Trump. Voters are not tolerating the status quo. That's why they elected Donald Trump--with no prior political experience--to the highest office in the land over Hillary Clinton, the very embodiment of the establishment.

Chicken processing is difficult, dangerous work ridden with reports of exploitation and abuse.

:violin: :moron: :roll: ... which is exactly why they exploit illegal aliens and won't hire US citizens who have rights and have standing to bring cases before the Department of Labor, OSHA, etc.

Plant owners have said for decades that immigration was the only solution to a persistent labor shortage; viewed another way, immigrants permitted management to maintain the low wages and dangerous conditions that black chicken workers had fought to improve in the ’70s and ’80s.

Right. So they fired the blacks and hired illegal aliens rather than improving working conditions--AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, THE PARTY OF THE WORKING CLASS, WENT RIGHT ALONG WITH IT AND SO DID THEIR MEDIA APPARATUS.

Since the raids, he told me, his servers had experienced a surge in aggressive behavior from both black and white customers.
At that point, he told me, the lady demanded to see Medellin’s green card, and he showed it to her. You didn’t have to do that, I said. “I know, but I wanted to prove her wrong. They’re racist, but they like Mexican food,” he sighed.

They're racist... :?: :x >: In labor terms, the illegal immigrants are the ultimate scabs. They are helping corporations maintain low wages and dangerous working conditions. They are cutting poorer blacks out of the workforce and paying off poor US citizens via welfare to vote for the Democrats while illegal aliens pad social security with their unlawful actions given a blessing by people sworn to uphold the law and the constitution. It's refreshing to see this scam exposed.

So be outraged at Trump? Don't be outraged at the Democrat and Republican parties, the chamber of commerce, or the media for covering up poor working conditions? Don't complain about the establishment cutting out jobs for black workers who campaign for better working conditions--leaving them to rot on welfare while illegal aliens do the jobs they once did? :moron:

Man, the more Trump does stuff like this, the more he exposes the rotten establishment, the more I like the guy. :rockon:

You are right though. There is an "outrage exchange." Trump has the upper hand and the establishment is howling at his actions, but it is actually helping US citizens and lawfully resident immigrants. That's why Trump's approval is going up among blacks and Hispanics while the media shouts racism and white supremacy ever louder. It's as bizarre a sight as I've ever seen.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]