The New, and very Dangerous "Left" - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15033980
Godstud wrote:Your argument is completely worthless. I am not insulting you or talking to you in a disgusting manner. Your speech is as disgusting when you refer to some mysterious and unproven "left" that's, supposedly, dangerous.

It is very clear to me that "Antifa" is a dangerous group on the left.

Antifa Is Dangerous and It’s Time for the Feds to Step In
Jul 8th, 2019

Enough is enough. The U.S. Justice Department needs to immediately open a criminal civil rights investigation of Antifa, an affiliation of radical activists and left-wing groups whose name, ironically enough, is short for “anti-fascists.”

Their attack on journalist Andy Ngo was beyond the pale. Federal law enforcement has an obligation to stop any extremist organization that is apparently organizing and precipitating violent attacks, especially if state and local authorities seem reluctant to take action against what has all the makings of a domestic terrorist organization.

We cannot have any confidence that the political leadership of the City of Portland will allow its local law enforcement to do anything about this, either. The Portland Police Association released a statement after the attack criticizing the mayor for restricting the ability of the police to stop Antifa, saying “our hands are tied.” The Association also says it has no doubt that no such restrictions would not have been in place “if this violence had been directed at Antifa.”

Mayor Ted Wheeler claims that he had not “directed Police Chief Danielle Outlaw or other officials to change their approach to arrests,” in addition to “defend[ing] the city’s response, or lack thereof, to members of Antifa who [have] blocked traffic and harassed bystanders” in the past. But even the U.S. Ambassador to Germany criticized the city’s executive in a series of tweets, questioning what more needs to happen to Wheeler’s citizens before protective action will be taken. Wheeler’s inaction is even less defensible because the mayor of Portland is also its police commissioner.

Ngo was punched, pushed, robbed, and hit with tossed milkshakes purportedly mixed with quick-drying cement. The well-known Quillette journalist wasn’t the only bystander attacked, as The Washington Times reports that “two [other] Oregon men – John Blum and Adam Kelly – were mobbed and pummeled by black-masked protesters in a horrific attack that left Mr. Blum bleeding profusely from wounds to his face and skull.”

Columnist Michelle Malkin noted that “both John & Adam were beaten by Antifa after trying to help a gay man in a sundress being chased down the street.” This all occurred in broad daylight, and was filmed by multiple bystanders while Portland police stood on the sidelines and did nothing to stop it.

The assault did not come out of nowhere. In fact, it seems to have been a targeted attack given that the protest planners specifically (and falsely) labeled Ngo as a “far-right Islamophobic journalist who…also targets the (Democratic Socialists of America) while dismissing as hoaxes a series of assaults against the Portland LGBTQ community” in advertising the event in the days leading up to the march.

Federal criminal law has a provision that applies directly to what Antifa is apparently doing: 18 U.S.C. §241 prohibits conspiracies to “injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person…in the exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.” Moreover, that same law prohibits individuals from going “in disguise on the highway or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured.”

Acting as a journalist, Ngo was obviously exercising his press freedom as secured by the First Amendment, and the Antifa thugs who attacked him violated Section 241, particularly since they were disguised. Violating this statute is punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison. Further, as noted in a 1951 University of Pennsylvania Law Review article, “the ‘in disguise’ language [that] began the section…had its origin in ‘the doings of the Ku Klux [Klan].’” Antifa seems to have adopted the KKK’s tactics.

Ngo also may have a personal claim for damages under federal law against Antifa and its members. Another federal statute, 42 U.S.C. §1985(3), says that “If two or more persons…conspire or go in disguise…for the purpose of depriving…any person…of the equal protection of the laws, or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws…the party so injured [may recover] damages… against any one or more of the conspirators.”

As we now know, Mayor Ted Wheeler failed to protect his citizens, as police were noticeably absent when Ngo was being attacked, despite Antifa’s long record of violence, attacks and mob behavior. As a result, Ngo may have a claim directly against Wheeler and other city officials under 42 U.S.C. §1986, which creates liability for anyone who “having knowledge that any of the wrongs conspired to be done” in violation of Section 1985 “are about to be committed, and having power to prevent or aid in preventing the commission” fails to do so.

As National Review’s Douglas Murray wrote in his article on the protest, the “real lesson of Saturday is that anybody interested in genuine anti-fascism should from now on aim themselves directly at Portland’s Antifa. These are the people of our day who behave most like fascists. It is high time that they were treated as such by officialdom and civil society alike.”

On “It’s Going Down,” a popular website for Antifa and their supporters, a 2016 blog post predicted the chaos which has now become commonplace in more “progressive” parts of the country. When asked who on the left can respond to the inauguration of Donald Trump, the authors wrote, “The answer is clear as day, but it isn’t in the halls of power, in the politicians, the leaders of the unions, or in the big NGOs. Instead it’s in the rioters. The blockaders. The people in ski masks and in the streets. The ones on the front lines fighting with the cops.”

It is shocking to assert that “rioters, blockaders, cop-fighters, and people in ski masks” are the enlightened nobility who can save our constitutional republic from internal ruin. It is also plainly wrong. And it is time that federal law enforcement and Justice Department officials took notice of this potentially ominous threat to our civil society.

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-just ... -feds-step

Trump tweeted that he was considering labeling the semi-autonomous groups that coalesced in the immediate aftermath of the 2016 presidential election a terrorist organization. He decried the "gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats" as a threat to American society on par with the international MS-13 gang organization.

Representative Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pennsylvania) wrote to Attorney General William Barr asking him to label Antifa a terrorist group. Republican Senators Ted Cruz and Bill Cassidy introduced a non-binding resolution designed to declare various Antifa organizations as "domestic terrorists."
#15033998
Elyzabeth wrote:I will not be talked to in that disgusting manner.
:roll: It was not disgusting. You are being totally melodramatic.

Elyzabeth wrote:I have no desire to interact with you on anything,
until you get some manners and learn how to speak to people.
You speak like a low class thug.
You have no argument, and I am not being rude to you to call your arguments rubbish. I am sorry you haven't an argument and you have to rely on baseless accusations that I am being less than civil to you, and pretending you are some kind of victim.

Perhaps you are too used to Facebook and everyone simply "liking" what you post, without questioning or commenting on it.

It speaks volumes you can't support your argument, and only divert and dodge. Sad. :(

Hindsite wrote:It is very clear to me that "Antifa" is a dangerous group on the left.
Antifa is not "left". That they are radical and somewhat dangerous is certainly true, but they are simply anti-fascist, to an absurd degree. They are neither Socialist or Communist. Extremism is ugly regardless of the form.

Note: Liberalism is not "left" except in the USA, where civil liberties(Justice, equality, freedoms) are seen as Communist and Socialist, these days. It has essentially lost its meaning, in the American dumbed-down political landscape.
#15034089
Godstud wrote:Antifa is not "left". That they are radical and somewhat dangerous is certainly true, but they are simply anti-fascist, to an absurd degree. They are neither Socialist or Communist. Extremism is ugly regardless of the form.

Note: Liberalism is not "left" except in the USA, where civil liberties(Justice, equality, freedoms) are seen as Communist and Socialist, these days. It has essentially lost its meaning, in the American dumbed-down political landscape.

Well, Antifa are considered "left" in the USA. They continually fight against the right. So your argument from Thailand has no merit to Americans. At least you admit that "Antifa" is radical and dangerous.
#15034099
@Elyzabeth Ah yes, the lady talking about being civil breaks the rules on civility, and being polite. Classy.

;)

Hindsite wrote:So your argument from Thailand has no merit to Americans.
Your argument from Georgia has as much merit, so remember that. Unless you are actually there, we're getting the exact same information, and pretending otherwise is dishonest, and I know you're not that, right?

Hindsite wrote:At least you admit that "Antifa" is radical and dangerous.
Yes, at least as dangerous as the NRA, Neo-Nazis, and the KKK... but only if you are a Fascist. If you aren't a Fascist, you don't have to worry about them.
#15034112
Godstud wrote:Your argument from Georgia has as much merit, so remember that. Unless you are actually there, we're getting the exact same information, and pretending otherwise is dishonest, and I know you're not that, right?

You ar right that I am not dishonest, but I don't know about you. If you are getting the same information in Thailand, then you have very poor comprehension or something.

Godstud wrote:Yes, at least as dangerous as the NRA, Neo-Nazis, and the KKK... but only if you are a Fascist. If you aren't a Fascist, you don't have to worry about them.

I am a member of the NRA and I know that I am not dangerous. We just support the U.S. Constitution. But it is clear that Antifa is dangerous from all the news reports that I have read, as well as those I have seen on FOX News. But you are probably right that my safety would be in danger, if I were to wear my NRA cap or a MAGA cap around that radical group of thugs.
#15034114
Hindsite wrote:You ar right that I am not dishonest, but i don't know about you. If you are getting the same information in Thailand, then you have very poor comprehension or something.
There is nothing wrong about my comprehension and my location is indeed irrelevant, as is yours. I simply don't use Fox News as my ONLY source of information, for everything.

Others would disagree with your assessment of the NRA.

Colion Noir on San Francisco declaring NRA a domestic terror organization: Americans 'should be worried'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/colion-no ... rror-group

A MAGA hat only signals that you aren't very smart, and quite gullible, that's all. If I were a conman I'd be looking for MAGA hats all the time...
#15034134
[rule 2 violation deleted - Prosthetic Conscience]

Godstud wrote:Others would disagree with your assessment of the NRA.

Colion Noir on San Francisco declaring NRA a domestic terror organization: Americans 'should be worried'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/colion-no ... rror-group

San Francisco is the home of a many left-wing lunatics these days.

Godstud wrote:A MAGA hat only signals that you aren't very smart, and quite gullible, that's all.

Well, I only speak for myself, but I am a near genius. MAGA stands for "Make America Great Again" and signals patriotism and support for the Trump of God.
HalleluYah
#15034136
Hindsite wrote:San Francisco is the home of a many left-wing lunatics these days.
That's not an argument. That's an opinion.

Hindsite wrote:MAGA stands for "Make America Great Again" and signals patriotism and support for the Trump of God.
Wearing a flag or hat doesn't signal patriotism.
#15034138
Godstud wrote:That's not an argument. That's an opinion.

It is also a fact. But since you live in Thailand you would not know.

Godstud wrote: Wearing a flag or hat doesn't signal patriotism.

A "Make America Great Again" cap does and that is another fact.
But again, a Canadian living in Thailand would not know anything about patriotism.
#15034143
Hindsite wrote:It is also a fact. But since you live in Thailand you would not know.
It's not a fact. Where I live is irrelevant, as is where you live(NOT San Francisco, incidentally). Stop being so dishonest. Make an argument. I do not care how you FEEL.

Hindsite wrote:A "Make America Great Again" cap does and that is another fact.
No, it's just an empty way of virtue signalling. Many people will parade around in American flags, or MAGA hats, but never sign up to serve their country.

Hindsite wrote:But again, a Canadian living in Thailand would not know anything about patriotism.
That would be another one of your tender feelings, and not fact. I served my country in the military. I have nothing to prove. I have not, and will not give up my Canadian citizenship.

Your low-brow insult is duly noted and found wanting, much as you are. You are incapable of arguing the point, so this is what you fall back on.

Do you often call vets unpatriotic, or are you just being an asshole, today?
#15034149
Godstud wrote:It's not a fact. Where I live is irrelevant, as is where you live(NOT San Francisco, incidentally). Stop being so dishonest. Make an argument. I do not care how you FEEL.

I don't care how you FEEL either. And your so-called arguments and feelings are irrelevant to the fact that Antifa is a domestic terrorist group in the USA. I don't care how wonderful you feel it is in Thailand.
#15034152
Make an argument. You have merely stated an opinion, and then insulted others or tried to use irrelevancies, to support it.

I am not the one mentioning Thailand. You are. It's irrelevant to the discussion, and were we discussing Astronauts, and I brought up you not knowing, because you live in Georgia, I am sure you'd think it just as ridiculous.

You feel that Antifa is terrorist. That's a feeling, in much the same way that a person in San Fran thinks that the NRA is. I made this point quite well, I think, before you started on your tirade against me.

For a person who says we should be civil and polite in debate, you sure seem to break this rule a lot.

I was not insulting you, or implying that you were wrong. I was making a different argument, to which you responded with hostility. Why is that?
#15034547
Godstud wrote:I was not insulting you, or implying that you were wrong. I was making a different argument, to which you responded with hostility. Why is that?

Maybe it is because you pretend to know it all and respond to those that disagree with you with hostility and say that you are God. :knife:
#15034550
I do not know it all, nor do I ever pretend to know it all. I do, however, contrary to some people, do my research on the topics I talk about. You can go to a recent post where someone brought up Merkel, and I am not following German politics, so I declined to comment on that. So much for that lie you just made up, huh?

I also only "claim to be god" when internet show-offs claim to be genius's or near genius's, in order to make fun of their bravado and bragging. You can claim to be anything you want on the internet, so pretending you are a genius, when you make simple posts, isn't going to cut the mustard.
#15034554
Reichstraten wrote:@Elyzabeth,

Can you give an example of this dangerous left you are talking about?

So far in this thread there's zero proof of this.

Yes, there may be some intolerant left wingers around, but they don't kill people on the scale right wingers do.



Look into Antifa, for starters
#15034556
Antifa is not anything typical of the "left wing". If we were to characterize all right-wing as militant mass shooters, it would be far more supported by actual evidence.

No one has been killed by Antifa, whereas a Nazi(Fascist- right winger) at one of the protests has killed someone.
See Charlottesville. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte ... car_attack
#15034557
Elyzabeth wrote:Look into Antifa, for starters


No way, I'm not going to provide the evidence for your absurd claim.

Some questions:
Why do you think antifa is dangerous?
If so, to whom is antifa dangerous?
Does antifa kill people?

Give an honest answer to these questions and find oud how paranoid you are.
Stop reading right wing garbage to start with.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 16

It absolutely does follow. In the vast majority […]

November 12, Tuesday The Confederate government[…]

Read his bloody tweet you fool: https://twitter.[…]

:?: It should NOT, not ever, be illegal for anybo[…]