Roots of ISIS traced to American prison - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ISIS seemed to come from nowhere as it grabbed territory in Iraq and Syria. But where did it start? Clarissa Ward traces the terror group’s inception back to a U.S. military prison.

So first they purge the Ba'athists, then they start a dirty war, then they house all the detainees together, then they let them all go. It's almost like they were trying to create a fanatical horde of militant extremists...
Sivad wrote:So first they purge the Ba'athists, then they start a dirty war, then they house all the detainees together, then they let them all go. It's almost like they were trying to create a fanatical horde of militant extremists...

To say that they did it on purpose is conspiracy theory. To say that US foreign policy often uses terrorist proxies to do the dirty work is fact. To say that these US-sponsored terrorists take on a life on their own is obvious.
Atlantis wrote:
To say that they did it on purpose is conspiracy theory. To say that US foreign policy often uses terrorist proxies to do the dirty work is fact. To say that these US-sponsored terrorists take on a life on their own is obvious.

We threw a lot of people in prison. They weren't happy, and we were having trouble controlling them.

This guy finds a way to get them to behave. So we give him everything he wants. He can travel, regularly visit each area of each prison, he wants Korans, we give him boxes of them. And he does quiet them down.

He also started ISIS, right there, under our noses, and with our help.

We absolutely suck at some things.
late wrote:We absolutely suck at some things.

You absolutely suck at regime change because you only know how to do it by throwing tons of money at a problem. Throwing tons of money produces corruption in the tribal societies of the ME, which produces discontent with your puppets.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]