Swedish death rate plunges by 51% - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The official death toll from the Xi virus in Sweden plunged by a staggering 51% on Thursday.

I'm posting this to counter the the dishonest lying freedom hating mainstream media, who clutch at and broadcast everything that puts Sweden in a bad light. I'm just one small voice, so I'm making no attempt to be balanced in what I call attention to, I'm just attempting to slightly balance the scales.
Rich wrote:
The official death toll from the Xi virus in Sweden plunged by a staggering 51% on Thursday.

I'm posting this to counter the the dishonest lying freedom hating mainstream media, who clutch at and broadcast everything that puts Sweden in a bad light. I'm just one small voice, so I'm making no attempt to be balanced in what I call attention to, I'm just attempting to slightly balance the scales.

One day?

Why such a long time frame?

Use seconds and you can get mind blowing 100% reductions.
Atlantis wrote:Swedish Covid-19 deaths per capita are 3 to 6 times higher than those for Norway, Finland, Denmark and Germany:

http://www.casualhacker.net/covid19/#dt ... NK;FIN;DEU

They are deliberately killing the most vulnerable in society. 75 years after the Nazi terror, the spirit is back again in different clothes.

But I thought that Sweden is the progressive haven of human rights and multiculturalism?
maybe its one of their ways to get rid of population what they consider as "regressive" (old religious people)
Last edited by Zionist Nationalist on 24 Apr 2020 14:34, edited 2 times in total.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:But I thought that Sweden is the progressive haven of human rights and multiculturalism?
maybe its one of their ways to get rid of population that they consider as "regressive" (old religious people)

Just goes to show that the corona turns everything on it's head.

Sweden actually had quite a strong Nazi movement during the war. It was never purged.
Atlantis wrote:75 years after the Nazi terror, the spirit is back again in different clothes.

Sweden (or any other Western European country for that matter) are nowhere near to Nazism. We're dealing with a totally different animal here. Only people with frozen cold takes on every social issue are able to link everything (they perceive as) bad to Nazism.
SolarCross wrote:The Swedes seem to hate swedes more than somalis so.. does self-genocide count?

Nordic guilt is pandemic in Sweden and the Scandinavian countries. They have decided to lower their fertility rate to less than 2.0 and hope to become extinct.
Code Rood wrote:Sweden (or any other Western European country for that matter) are nowhere near to Nazism. We're dealing with a totally different animal here. Only people with frozen cold takes on every social issue are able to link everything (they perceive as) bad to Nazism.

Right-wing populism is today's equivalent of fascism. Considering changed historical conditions, today's manifestations are every bit as nefarious as the fascism of the previous century. I'm not saying that the Swedish strategy is motivated by fascism, I'm saying that the spirit isn't dead.
The reason Sweden has recommendations instead of legislation is because of how Swedish politics are structured. When it comes to something that is covered by a regulatory agency (in this case, the Public Health Agency), it is the agency that makes the decisions, and the government then enacts the decisions.

So, for those conservatives who are championing Sweden’s approach, are you arguing that the decision to open and close economies should be in the hands of unelected experts who make regulations?
Pants-of-dog wrote:
The reason Sweden has recommendations instead of legislation is because of how Swedish politics are structured. When it comes to something that is covered by a regulatory agency (in this case, the Public Health Agency), it is the agency that makes the decisions, and the government then enacts the decisions.

So, for those conservatives who are championing Sweden’s approach, are you arguing that the decision to open and close economies should be in the hands of unelected experts who make regulations?

Works for me.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The reason Sweden has recommendations instead of legislation is because of how Swedish politics are structured. When it comes to something that is covered by a regulatory agency (in this case, the Public Health Agency), it is the agency that makes the decisions, and the government then enacts the decisions.

The reasons are always driven by politics. That applies to Sweden just like every other country. Politicians and those who pull the strings always find a subset of scientists they can instrumentalize to serve their political agenda. That applies to the racist scientists who tried to underpin Nazi ideology just like to the crackpot scientists who feed the climate change denial narrative.

In the current case, it is noteworthy that the 3 countries (UK, Sweden, The Netherlands) in which the herd immunity theory is driving Covid-19 death figures through the roof are also the countries where neoliberal thinking is most entrenched in Europe.

Edit: In this context, it's also of interest that political advisers like Cummings and an AI nerd (who engineered the Brexit propaganda machine) played a prominent role on a science panel that advised the UK government on Covid-19. In fact, considering the PM's disinterest in the matter, it is safe to assume that any science that reached the PM's ear must have passed the filter of Cummings.
Last edited by Atlantis on 24 Apr 2020 20:53, edited 2 times in total.
This is no doubt a desperate attempt to spin the following figures:
Tuesday 21 April (0000 GMT to 0000 GMT): 185 deaths
Wednesday 22 April: 172 deaths
Thursday 23 April: 84 deaths
Friday 24 April (0000 GMT - 1944 GMT): 131 deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

If you think that's "rebalancing", it's by partaking in the "dishonest lying freedom hating" behaviour. What got you so annoyed that you decided to hate freedom?

[Also: thread moved from Today's News, since that forum's rules clearly state "The first post in any Today's News thread must contain a NEWS ARTICLE from a (preferably credible) news source with a direct link provided to the originating article."
Sweden's coronavirus death toll surpassed 2,000 and health officials revised earlier statements about when Stockholm's outbreak peaked. In the capital region alone, more than 70,000-80,000 people believed to be have been infected, while the figure is around 100,000-200,000 nationwide, based on the death rate of 1-2%. Probably Sweden's daily death toll has reached its peak but 2,000 more people will die in the end.

Japan also shied away from complete lockdowns, while citizens are only urged to stay home. Most shops and restaurants are closed down and they have nowhere to go unless they have jobs to do. The total death toll is still around 350 in Japan, which means that up to 35,000 people may have been infected with the coronavirus. 35,000 is more than triple the government's official figure (10,000) but still much lower than European figures. They believe this laissez-faire strategy is only workable in Japan, where people are orderly and law-abiding compared to European standards.

The Public Health Agency of Sweden said it had recorded 16,755 confirmed cases, and 2,021 deaths with the coronavirus.

The agency also corrected a report it published earlier this week on Stockholm, the epicentre of the Swedish epidemic.

The report, based on statistical modelling, initially said the capital region passed the peak of simultaneous infections on April 15th with 86,000 people believed to be have been infected.

But on Thursday it revised the date to April 8th, with some 70,500 believed to have been infected.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200423/sweden ... oronavirus
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 25 Apr 2020 07:16, edited 2 times in total.
Why is Sweden the punching bag now? Not every culture views death and risk in the same way. We should be thanking Sweden for their sacrifice, for not pussying out to panic. They are like the variable in an experiment; the results from which everyone learns.

Borders are shut for now, and I don’t see them re-opening to willy nilly travel anytime soon. So just let each nation get on with whatever this is, sans the gloating and finger pointing.
ness31 wrote:Why is Sweden the punching bag now?

Simple. Because everyone wants to believe that sitting at home and watching their economy explode was worth something. If Sweden succeeds their sacrifice was worth a little less so now the absurd accusations.

I'm taking a six month break from PoFo. It is pointless reading and arguing pov when eveyones is staring at the blank canvas in front of them whilst dismissing what is happening all around. Sweden model was never going to get instant results. It is about individual responsibility and mitigating consequence in the future. Like all disasters, the true scale of everything is barely even seen until its too late. Today we are on the first page of an encyclopedia and I think for people to understand Sweden or even acknowledge their pov we need to have read a few more chapters yet.

ALSO:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-52395866

An article that gives you a sense of their action and why.
Aww B0ycey don’t leave, you’re a good contributor. Cut back on the posts if you must but remain engaged. Even that is helpful :)

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]