'White privilege' is 'most popular racist term today': Burgess Owens says he won't be labeled - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Julian658 wrote:It is rather simple Donna:
The biggest problem in black America are not old confederate statues, Christopher Columbus, George Washington, or Thomas Jefferson. The biggest problem of America is not Trump or the GOP. Sure, the mere existence of the icons or the Republican Party hurst some feelings. I understand the emotional response. Nevertheless, that does not solve the fundamental problems:

1. Police Brutality: That is a legit concern that hurts all, including white people.
2. Low graduation rate from high school
3.Crime
4. Drugs.
5. Teen pregnancy
6. Black leaders and the media preaching racism 24/7 causing PTSD in the new generation. When a person has PTSD they overreact to minor stimuli that triggers old past events. Or they may see racism where there is none.
7. Poor schools in some black neighborhoods. By the way this has been addressed many times before with very poor results. The DC public schools spend more money per student than anyone else in the nation and yet they only graduate 60%.
8. Race identity politics. It is uncanny that some blacks have failed to integrate into the overall national culture of America. Immigrants form Africa and the West Indies do it much better because they do not have PTSD.
9. Excessive murder rate.

So i guess you know what's best for them and will solve all their problems, is that right
Senter wrote:It's a fabrication, and it's racist because it implies that whites don't really care about blacks; they just want a way to assuage their guilty feelings.

It's not racist, certain white people feel guilty because they feel horrible that "their race" has mistreated black people and they want to make it right.

Blacks have a very legitimate gripe. They have been subjected to abuse, insult, and harsh treatment for 400 years.

Yes and a lot of white people feel guilty about that.
Donna wrote:So i guess you know what's best for them and will solve all their problems, is that right

I would love to see a black leader tackle those issues. After all statues are down the problems will remain the same.
Donna wrote:It sounds like you want to do it for them.

There are many black intellectuals that are not into WOKE. However, the media shuns them. The media wants racism for ratings.

A lot of black people get it, but they are not about to speak and be destroyed by the WOKE people that surrounds them.
Julian658 wrote:There are many black intellectuals that are not into WOKE. However, the media shuns them. The media wants racism for ratings.

A lot of black people get it, but they are not about to speak and be destroyed by the WOKE people that surrounds them.

What about black intellectuals who are woke, like Dr. Cornell West or Angela Davis? Don't their views have a place at the table?
Unthinking Majority wrote:Some white people feel guilty about being white, yes it exists. Somehow that's racist?

This whole white guilt thing needs to end now.

@Sivad already did the thing that @Donna described: weaponised it against anti-racists.

Meanwhile, stupid white people make it all about their feelings. Then BIPOC people end up doing the (free) emotional labour of dealing with white feelings, instead of dealing with racism.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Nobody should be elevated over someone else simply on the basis of skin colour. Personal experience dealing with racism is different. We can help people struggling with racism, just don't do it in a way that's also racist.

Sure.

I asked you a question:
So if someone has lived their whole life dealing with racism, we should treat them like someone who has never dealt with racism?

Please answer the question.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This whole white guilt thing needs to end now.

@Sivad already did the thing that @Donna described: weaponised it against anti-racists.

If people "weaponize it" for ill purposes how about we end that? It doesn't mean white guilt isn't true phenomenon. You can "end" facts if some people use those facts to be arguments with bad intentions.

I asked you a question:
So if someone has lived their whole life dealing with racism, we should treat them like someone who has never dealt with racism?

Please answer the question.

That question wasn't asked to me. I already answered it though anyways. I'll try again.

Someone who has been victimized by racism should be treated the same as anyone who has been mistreated by discrimination or has been abused or otherwise treated poorly: we call out the individuals who did this, we help the victim get legal justice through the courts and whatnot if they want etc.

How exactly do you think black people and POC as a whole should be treated differently than whites?
Unthinking Majority wrote:If people "weaponize it" for ill purposes how about we end that? It doesn't mean white guilt isn't true phenomenon. You can "end" facts if some people use those facts to be arguments with bad intentions.

I never said it was not true. I said it was useless and also a tactic of conservatives.

My point was that progressives and people of colour do not want or need white guilt, and it is actually counterproductive.

That question wasn't asked to me. I already answered it though anyways. I'll try again.

Someone who has been victimized by racism should be treated the same as anyone who has been mistreated by discrimination or has been abused or otherwise treated poorly: we call out the individuals who did this, we help the victim get legal justice through the courts and whatnot if they want etc.

How exactly do you think black people and POC as a whole should be treated differently than whites?

BIPOC people should be treated as people who have to deal with racism on the daily. So we should try to be cognisant of privilege and micro aggressions.
Pants-of-dog wrote:BIPOC people should be treated as people who have to deal with racism on the daily. So we should try to be cognisant of privilege and micro aggressions.

Ok agreed.

Why are we using BIPOC now? What's wrong with POC? Why are blacks and indigenous more important than other POC to be named specifically in the acronym. It's just virtue signalling ridiculousness. Why are we changing what we call non-white people every few years? Why are we changing the LGBT acronym every year? Let;s just call them LGBT+ and POC and call it a day.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Ok agreed.

Why are we using BIPOC now? What's wrong with POC? Why are blacks and indigenous more important than other POC to be named specifically in the acronym. It's just virtue signalling ridiculousness. Why are we changing what we call non-white people every few years? Why are we changing the LGBT acronym every year? Let;s just call them LGBT+ and POC and call it a day.

Because it's a discourse. It's the same reason CHAZ became CHOP. Through criticism the people arrive closer to the social truth of the historical moment that is embracing all of society.

BIPOC is a useful acronym because it emphasizes decolonization.
Donna wrote:Because it's a discourse. It's the same reason CHAZ became CHOP. Through criticism the people arrive closer to the social truth of the historical moment that is embracing all of society.

BIPOC is a useful acronym because it emphasizes decolonization.

How does it emphasize decolonization when it doesn't elevate south asians, arabs, and asians who were colonized? It's a US-centric term.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Ok agreed.

Good.

Who cares?

The indigenous people I know use it, and it seems inoffensive. I can think of at least three reasons why black and indigenous people might prefer the term.

Would you like me to ask?
Seeing that you tell the truth as much as Trump does, I don't really put much stock in anything you say. You talk shit about poor people and are racist. Those are hardly Christian values that you display. The only thing you do is spout meaningless rhetoric...

Praise the Lord.

See how easy it is to do that? It means about as much when I write it. :D

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]