Politically correct vocabulary is not progressive or honest - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:Once again, your vocabulary is dishonest and seeks to "prove" certain things by using particular words that seem to "prove" things just by being used in sentences.

Words like "logical," "modern," and "appropriate" are often used to mean "definitely correct and superior to other approaches." They signal this just by being used, in much the same way that a bigoted, racist politician can look PC just by reading the correct PC words off a teleprompteur.

This type of snake-oil narrative is typically used to sell useless products to gullible "word"-believers.

I understand your feelings, with my help you've just proven that besides being hopelessly unpopular your ideas are also unworkable in the real world.
Beren wrote:I understand your feelings

1. "Feelings" here means that I am not being logical. And yet, I have expressed no feelings whatsoever in this thread.

hopelessly unpopular

2. Here, you are using words that suggest that you have taken some kind of poll of world opinion, which you haven't.

unworkable in the real world.

3. These words suggest that you use all of your time putting people's ideas through complex computer models that are recognized all over the world for their unbelievable accuracy in making predictions.

Post-three-strike conclusion

So, as you could have done with a PC vocabulary, you have just regurgitated a bunch of words and expressions that have been demonstrated to "win arguments and impress people" in commercial media and in dorm rooms.

If I were you, I'd ask K-tel for my money back because they're not working.
QatzelOk wrote:1. "Feelings" here means that

you didn't do much except for calling me dishonest just because I called you out for your dishonest debating technique in another thread. And I don't need to take opinion polls about your ideas here, it's enough to read the responses you get, which I'm sure are still more positive than what you'd get on the ground in the real world full of technology. They accept your critique in general, but refuse the rest. They may accept your critique of technology, but refuse getting rid of it, even though you scare them with extinction for that case.

3. These words suggest that

you were digging your own grave all along while denying technology so vehemently. :lol:
Beren wrote:...you were digging your own grave all along while denying technology so vehemently. :lol:

This is the PC vocabulary thread, so you might be patting yourself a bit too hard on the back about scoring a field goal in tennis. Or putting the ball in the basket during a game of ping pong. :lol:

Your whole PC life is probably flashing before your eyes right now. "How could I have been so superficial"
Beren wrote:I don't have a pc life, I'm from Hungary...

But you still try to act like a dumb American, and I respect you for that - for not being afraid to appropriate the primary culture of internet conversation.

Likewise, I'm not USA citizen either. But we are both impacted by the stupidity of its Declining Empire of memes, and so we must play our roles within the framework of cultural norms that we are trying to destroy.
Beren wrote:If I acted like a dumb American, you'd feel comfortable (about yourself) and wouldn't keep responding to me for three days or so without any sign of ever stopping. What's the problem, QatzelOk? You just can't let me be like a dumb American so much? :lol:

I'm not sure if young women in dorm rooms will feel comfortable with the expression "dumb American."

They defended "African-American" as a way to look progressive without changing any economic or social conditions. But the words "Dumb-American" will probably take a lot longer to displace vulgar expressions like "workers" and "working class."
QatzelOk wrote:I'm not sure if young women in dorm rooms will feel comfortable with the expression "dumb American."

They defended "African-American" as a way to look progressive without changing any economic or social conditions. But the words "Dumb-American" will probably take a lot longer to displace vulgar expressions like "workers" and "working class."

Well, "working class" or "working people" could be a fancy pc substitute for "proles" or "plebs" or "poor people", even Biden or Obama could use them.

Anytime I use "working class" it feels so "campus", whereas "proletariat" sounds so outdated. Could you help me out with this? :lol:
Beren wrote:Well, "working class" or "working people" could be a fancy pc substitute for "proles" or "plebs" or "poor people", even Biden or Obama could use them.

Anytime I use "working class" it feels so "campus", whereas "proletariat" sounds so outdated. Could you help me out with this? :lol:

Well, with the latest vocabulary fed to us by mass media owners, a new word for working class that's guaranteed to destroy all their remaining social capital would be "bio-hazard."

As in: "contaminated individual that you should stay away from."

Welcome, new PC expression!

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

How was my take empathetic? I was specifically i[…]

meh, we're always in crsis.