Donald Trump Tests Positive for Covid-19 - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Wow, a COVID cluster in Congress! He is so irresponsible. The Daily Beast is reporting that he could have been exposed to the virus as early as Wednesday. With 3 Republican senators ill and possibly more are infected, the hearing to confirm Amy Coney Barret to the Supreme Court might be postponed or not happen at all.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, I live in Canada, but I am not from here.

Canadians think that if you pay for something, you should be allowed to use it. ?

Yet as an unassimilated immigrant, you think that those who don’t pay should get it also. And I didn’t think I could discount your opinion on American politics any further than I already do.
Finfinder wrote:.... you think that those who don’t pay should get it also.

So you agree that you paid for Trump)# treatment, but you cannot access that same treatment despite the fact that you paid for it.

And you are okay with paying for something that you cannot use, as long as people who do not pay can also not use it.

Great, you just congratulated yourself for spending money and the only “benefit” to you is that you can tell poor people they also cannot get the treatment.
@Finfinder No, @Pants-of-dog is a Canadian. We don't distinguish like that, or need immigrants to "assimilate". When people migrate here they become New Canadians, not immigrants. They adopt our values but can keep their own culture. Keep your stupid Americanisms to yourself. :p

Everyone pays. Everyone benefits. If Trump can get a special treatment for Covid-19, why can't other Americans? Why does health need to be monetized?

Thank goodness that many countries see healthcare as a right, and not just a privilege. USA could benefit from that attitude, but it won't. It sees violent gun-use, school shootings and mass shooting as a right, instead.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you agree that you paid for Trump)# treatment, but you cannot access that same treatment despite the fact that you paid for it.

And you are okay with paying for something that you cannot use, as long as people who do not pay can also not use it.

Great, you just congratulated yourself for spending money and the only “benefit” to you is that you can tell poor people they also cannot get the treatment.

No I do not agree nor did I say any of which you fabricated In order to move the goalpost from the specific discussion.

First off if you actually read the thread I was talking about the presidency of the United States, not specifically Trump, any president Democrat or Republican.

Secondly I said I discount international anti-American (Canadian) echo chamber mantra There’s nothing really insightful regarding our politics.

You further supported my conclusion by claiming you live in Canada but don’t claim to be Canadian.

Godstud wrote:@Finfinder No, @Pants-of-dog is a Canadian. We don't distinguish like that, or need immigrants to "assimilate". When people migrate here they become New Canadians, not immigrants. They adopt our values but can keep their own culture. Keep your stupid Americanisms to yourself. :p

Everyone pays. Everyone benefits. If Trump can get a special treatment for Covid-19, why can't other Americans? Why does health need to be monetized?

Thank goodness that many countries see healthcare as a right, and not just a privilege. USA could benefit from that attitude, but it won't. It sees violent gun-use, school shootings and mass shooting as a right, instead.

No I don't want to assimilate to whatever country you claim. Your judgment and opinion of American is noted and I covered above.
@Finfinder I AM CANADIAN.

So is @Pants-of-dog. Only an idiot thinks that citizenship in a country doesn't make you a citizen of that country.

Americans are poorly educated and often ignorant, so your opinion is taken within that context. :D
Godstud wrote:@Finfinder I AM CANADIAN.

So is @Pants-of-dog. Only an idiot thinks that citizenship in a country doesn't make you a citizen of that country.

Americans are poorly educated and often ignorant, so your opinion is taken within that context. :D

Don't get your panties all waded up. LOL LOL you spent the last 4 years shitting on the USA and I make a simple observation that a communist (who claims to not be Canadian) and an Canadian ( who lives in Thailand) opinions and judgements of the people and current political climate should be taken with a grain of salt.

No need to get shitty it's nothing personal just a common sense comment.

@Pants-of-dog
please refer to previous quotes
@Pants-of-dog said he wasn't FROM Canada. He never said he wasn't Canadian. Pay attention to what people say.

Yes, I am a Canadian, who lives in Thailand. I vote, pay taxes, and participate in my community even from afar. I also stay well informed of everything that's going on. I do not, however, engage in Thai politics. It's far too complex for a non-native-speaking foreigner to comprehend.

I shit on USA politicians who put out terrible policies for people. Trump is not USA, either.
Godstud wrote:@Pants-of-dog said he wasn't FROM Canada. He never said he wasn't Canadian. Pay attention to what people say.

Yes, I am a Canadian, who lives in Thailand. I vote, pay taxes, and participate in my community even from afar. I also stay well informed of everything that's going on. I do not, however, engage in Thai politics. It's far too complex for a non-native-speaking foreigner to comprehend.

I shit on USA politicians who put out terrible policies for people. Trump is not USA, either.

He's a little more than just an American though. He's an elected president and leader of said country. Trump is very much a significant part of the USA.
@Godstud Yes, I am a Canadian, who lives in Thailand.

Yes. And I am an American who lives in Arizona. If I moved to Georgia or Mississippi I would have a lot more assimilatin' to do that if I moved to Bangkok... 8)

If I moved to Canada nobody would bring it up.
@Godstud

Trump is an American but a massive embarrassment to my country and a great disgrace and dishonor. But dangerous narcissistic and sociopathic manipulators exist in every country and a dangerous personality like Trump is not uniquely American. Somebody like Trump exists in every country and can rise to power in any country. They are very dangerous people.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Godstud

Trump is an American but a massive embarrassment to my country and a great disgrace and dishonor. But dangerous narcissistic and sociopathic manipulators exist in every country and a dangerous personality like Trump is not uniquely American. Somebody like Trump exists in every country and can rise to power in any country. They are very dangerous people.

Why is Trump 'dangerous'? He's the only US President in decades that has NOT started a fucking war and killed hundreds of thousands. Get that into perspective for a moment. Is that why? Because he's not an establishment monster but a clown?

Come on now tell me how he is dangerous. Are his tweets dangerous? Because that's all you have and people should take responsibility for their own feels and actions. His tweets are not a free pass to rampage the streets killing and looting, his tweets are not a free pass to not wear masks and inject bleach into your veins.

Why are Americans such petulant children?

So he's divisive? Good. If a society can't handle a certain level of internal dichotomy, it should collapse. See how China fused Capitalism with Communism, see how Present day Russia fused the orthodox church with Putin's cult of personality.

Why is America failing to fuse shit?
Godstud wrote:If Trump can get a special treatment for Covid-19, why can't other Americans?

Yes well a lot of Thais are asking why their head of state had such different treatment during the lockdown that normal Thai subjects. Oh no that nots right is it, because Thais are not allowed to criticise the Head of State. They are not allowed to criticise his family. In fact they are not even allowed to criticise his families pets.

Thailand certainly welcomes rich foreigners, that can support themselves, but their toleration for illegal immigration or foreigners who can't support themselves is way less than the United States. No there's not much interest in amnesties for illegals or paths to citizenship for them in Thailand.

You see its a funny thing, but what is the problem with America's illegals? I mean what can't Canada, Australia and New Zealand take them? I mean they don't have a problem with mass uncontrolled immigration do they? They are not raging hypocrites are they?
Rich wrote:Yes well a lot of Thais are asking why their head of state had such different treatment during the lockdown that normal Thai subjects. Oh no that nots right is it, because Thais are not allowed to criticise the Head of State. They are not allowed to criticise his family. In fact they are not even allowed to criticise his families pets.
You know nothing. Thais get good medical treatment for practically no money. It's universal healthcare, FFS. Fuck you're ignorant.

What does criticizing the head of state have to do with medical treatment? Nothing, that's what. Another Strawman by the head conspiracy theorist on Pofo. :knife:

Rich wrote:Thailand certainly welcomes rich foreigners, that can support themselves, but their toleration for illegal immigration or foreigners who can't support themselves is way less than the United States. No there's not much interest in amnesties for illegals or paths to citizenship for them in Thailand.
USA and many other countries wish that they had policies like Thailand, but people like you are quick to decry it when it actually is in place.

Incidentally, getting into UK or USA is really easy if you have lots of money. Remove the plank from your eye...

Rich wrote:You see its a funny thing, but what is the problem with America's illegals? I mean what can't Canada, Australia and New Zealand take them? I mean they don't have a problem with mass uncontrolled immigration do they? They are not raging hypocrites are they?
Thailand has LOTS of illegals. They a sent home when discovered. Kind of off-topic, but you have to bitch about something unrelated when you have no fucking argument! :lol:

Incidentally: Canada takes in 250,000 immigrants every year(has done so since the late 90s). That's more, immigrants for its population than any other country in the world. Canada took more Syrian refugees than any other country, in 2018, and more immigrants per capita than any other country in the world.

No. they aren't hypocrites, and you are a fool if you think so.
The difference in CNN and foxnew coverage on this is comical and sad. One of my guilty pleasures is to visit each site occasionally and wonder to myself "What is CNN is whining about now? Or what dumb shit is Foxnews glorifying now?"

Anyway, Foxnews is reporting this like some sort of celebrity paparazzi. Like TMZ basically.
Rancid wrote:The difference in CNN and foxnew coverage on this is comical and sad. One of my guilty pleasures is to visit each site occasionally and wonder to myself "What is CNN is whining about now? Or what dumb shit is Foxnews glorifying now?"

Anyway, Foxnews is reporting this like some sort of celebrity paparazzi. Like TMZ basically.

You are funny is that supposed to be an unbiased post. :D You won't lose your street cred around here if you say how CNN is reporting after all you brought it up.

I think I saw something to the effect the President is in gave danger and trouble breathing.

Godstud wrote:Incidentally: Canada takes in 250,000 immigrants every year(has done so since the late 90s). That's more, immigrants for its population than any other country in the world. Canada took more Syrian refugees than any other country, in 2018, and more immigrants per capita than any other country in the world.

No. they aren't hypocrites, and you are a fool if you think so.

please :lol:

We had 1 million cross our border in 21019 illegally and this year we had month when 100,000 crossed illegally and an estimated 20 million more. You had plenty of negativity to say about that. You can have them in Canada and see if healthcare is free anymore. Sorry but you and the rest of the Anti American propaganda posters shouldn't be taken seriously.

Well that's the thing.. he was wrong A paper, by[…]

What bill are you talking about?

Those who were buried do not have a burial date pr[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]