Old political satire - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I love finding this kind of stuff. I was born early this century, so I don't actually remember this era of politics, but so much has happened since then that I think many people think of it as an eternity ago anyway. Does anyone have any old political 'memes' or whatnot that they like?
By Rancid
Local Localist wrote:I love finding this kind of stuff. I was born early this century, so I don't actually remember this era of politics, but so much has happened since then that I think many people think of it as an eternity ago anyway. Does anyone have any old political 'memes' or whatnot that they like?

It's hard to find memes like this older than the Bush Era. It was in the Bush era that internet technology became mature and fast enough to even facilitate easy consumption of video/image/audio, social media, youtube, etc. etc. It is true that internet access exploded in the Clinton Era, but it only really matured to look more like it is today during the Bush era.

You make me feel old. :hmm: I was born in the late 19 hundreds. That's what I tell my kids to sound older.

I think if you find anything like this with older political figures, it's going to be a recent creation and not something original to the period those political figures existed in. The most you will find are just gaffes, misstatements, etc. etc. Nothing edited by random people.
By ness31
The Born To be Alive clip starring some dude, um I think his name is Hitler? - probably the funniest one I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t dare post it here. I’m not even comfortable admitting to liking it. Just trying to be brave.
By Sivad
Rancid wrote:I was born in the late 19 hundreds. That's what I tell my kids to sound older.

I was born at the end of the last century.

My nephew asked me what the 1970s were like. :lol: I asked him how old do you think I am? I barely remember the early 90s.
By Potemkin
Sivad wrote:I was born at the end of the last century.

My nephew asked me what the 1970s were like. :lol: I asked him how old do you think I am? I barely remember the early 90s.

Just tell him you were so high at the time that you can't remember anything between April 17th 1967 and August 3rd 1982. Lol.

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]

You did not read my post carefully enough. I sai[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]