Party Membership - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By colliric
Anyone else a Party Member? I'm about to sign back on. Not telling you which party yet.
By Godstud
The good art of joining a group is that you have the freedom to leave it at any time, so there's nothing to be suspicious of... unless that group is the Mob, I mean... :p
By Rancid
I've never registered for any party.

I wonder if I should start doing tactical voting here, it doesn't even require that you sign up for a party.
Fasces wrote:I'm a registered Democrat because why throw away a primary vote for no reason?

The same . Here in Ohio , you are considered to be registered to the party whose primary you last voted in . https://www.openprimaries.org/states_ohio I had previously voted in the Green Party primary , for the uncontested gubernatorial nomination candidate , due to my dissatisfaction with the prior Democratic presidential primary nomination process https://fox40.com/news/political-connection/demexit-bernie-sanders-supporters-opt-to-vote-for-green-partys-jill-stein/ , then after the Democratic Unity and Reform Commission implemented its changes to the nominating rules , I have since returned to the fold by taking part in the 2020 presidential primary , for all the good that it did , as Biden had by then already cinched the nomination . So according to Ohio election law , I am now once again a registered Democrat . But as AOC remarked , in any other country I would not be in the same party as Biden .
By Ganeshas Rat
The US has no party members (and therefore no parties). That GOP and democrats are called parties is some historical misconception; some other word should be used, 'clique' or 'faction' or 'the most noble house', somewhat like this. To registered democrats: what is the share of your income you pay to the party annualy? Stalin for example was sending 3% of his salary each month that is fixed in his party card.
By late
Ganeshas Rat wrote:
The US has no party members (and therefore no parties). That GOP and democrats are called parties is some historical misconception; some other word should be used, 'clique' or 'faction' or 'the most noble house', somewhat like this. To registered democrats: what is the share of your income you pay to the party annualy? Stalin for example was sending 3% of his salary each month that is fixed in his party card.

That is an interesting point, but maybe not the one you were trying to make. Our parties may be different, but they are definitely parties. There are laws and traditions that make it basically impossible for a 3rd party to join the club.

It's not for a lack of trying, in the 1800s there were the Know Nothings, and TR started the Bull Moose party. None of them last, none of them won the presidency.
By fuser
Member of one and only true communist party not like all other splitting bastards. CPI(M) Communist Party of India (Marxist)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...Inane nonsense seeking to derail the topic... […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

BREAKING: Poland suspends its adherence to the T[…]

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/171886694534[…]

Oh joining the EU is easy ! Just ask Turkey ! :l[…]