The problem of hyper individualism (false ideas in it) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

For me people in the USA emphasize individualism to the point of lack of logical reasoning and lack of rationality.

This part of the American cultural paradigm needs to be debunked. Start emphasizing systemic solutions to lack of power.

Do you have a cogent argument to argue against this defective way of thinking?
Tainari88 wrote:For me people in the USA emphasize individualism to the point of lack of logical reasoning and lack of rationality.

This part of the American cultural paradigm needs to be debunked. Start emphasizing systemic solutions to lack of power.

Hi!

For me to have a cogent and intelligent response, I need to fully understand the basis for your post.

If I understand correctly, the topic deals with individual expression/action centered upon the individual's benefit as opposed to individual expression/action centered upon the society's benefit. It is, at bottom, a question as to whether there is a balance point/area and the basis for ascertaining where that point lies. From there, we can consider what it 'hyper'.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
Tainari88 wrote:For me people in the USA emphasize individualism to the point of lack of logical reasoning and lack of rationality.

That seems like a strawman to me. Individualists don't say that there are no systemic solutions to problems, they say that if anything many of those problems actually arise from adopting a collectivist mindset.
@Tainari88, the pandemic has shown that Western individualism is incapable of dealing with the problems humans are likely to face in the future.

That doesn't mean that the Chinese model is a viable alternative. The concentration of power in the hands of a few, like the CCP leadership, invariably leads to corruption and bad solutions.

Western civilization isn't all bad. Human rights, democracy, the scientific advances since the Renaissance are great achievements, but we need to move on to a society that focuses more on social and environmental issues than on individual rights.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]