Massive, rapid reforms: Here’s what China did in the last 2 weeks - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

1. Major crackdown on social media companies, as the CCP believes social media is corrosive and stops people from meeting one another in real life. Overnight, they annihilated 6 of the 7 top internet companies.

2. Education reforms - ban on private tutoring, children now to start education at age 6, giving them more time at home with their parents, ban on foreign teachers who aren't residents of China, ban on companies that teach the curriculum outside of school hours.

3. Video games - The party has announced that video games are a "spiritual opium" and have started rounding up people who are addicted to video games to send them to treatment centers. Additionally, video games on app stores for children are now banned. Children also limited to 3 hours per week of video game play.

4. End of 996 culture - legal limit to 40 hour work week, with maximum 10 hour shifts. Family life is to be given new centre by companies.

5. The creation of a "masculine and feminine" school curriculum, with girls being educated to be good mothers and boys being taught to be masculine and strong. CCP demands a "revolutionary and warlike spirit" from young men.

6. Cash-for-children, housing, social welfare, education and careers will be linked to the number of children that you have. The more children you have, the cheaper things will be for you and the easier you will find it to get promotions at work.

7. Weekends - Chinese companies will now be required to give 1 day of paid leave per week to ensure parents spend time with their families.

8. Festivals - the CCP will require unmarried men and women to attend festivals were they will be told to seek partners for marriage. These festivals will be held as part of the working environment and so will be paid for by companies in China.

9. Paid leave extension - Chinese couples who have a child will now receive 12 months of paid leave. The couple, not just the mother.

10. Internet use - to stop the rise of a "hikkimori" culture in China, individual internet use will be restricted so that you cannot spend more than 30 minutes online in one session, with a 30 minute cooldown timer.

11. Chinese school education will add a focus on patriotic education, teaching the history of China with a view that China needs to reclaim its centership of the world.

What did your country do last week to improve your lives? I know mine did fuck all.
Igor Antunov wrote:
1. Major crackdown on social media companies, as the CCP believes social media is corrosive and stops people from meeting one another in real life. Overnight, they annihilated 6 of the 7 top internet companies.

2. Education reforms - ban on private tutoring, children now to start education at age 6, giving them more time at home with their parents, ban on foreign teachers who aren't residents of China, ban on companies that teach the curriculum outside of school hours.

3. Video games - The party has announced that video games are a "spiritual opium" and have started rounding up people who are addicted to video games to send them to treatment centers. Additionally, video games on app stores for children are now banned. Children also limited to 3 hours per week of video game play.

4. End of 996 culture - legal limit to 40 hour work week, with maximum 10 hour shifts. Family life is to be given new centre by companies.

5. The creation of a "masculine and feminine" school curriculum, with girls being educated to be good mothers and boys being taught to be masculine and strong. CCP demands a "revolutionary and warlike spirit" from young men.

6. Cash-for-children, housing, social welfare, education and careers will be linked to the number of children that you have. The more children you have, the cheaper things will be for you and the easier you will find it to get promotions at work.

7. Weekends - Chinese companies will now be required to give 1 day of paid leave per week to ensure parents spend time with their families.

8. Festivals - the CCP will require unmarried men and women to attend festivals were they will be told to seek partners for marriage. These festivals will be held as part of the working environment and so will be paid for by companies in China.

9. Paid leave extension - Chinese couples who have a child will now receive 12 months of paid leave. The couple, not just the mother.

10. Internet use - to stop the rise of a "hikkimori" culture in China, individual internet use will be restricted so that you cannot spend more than 30 minutes online in one session, with a 30 minute cooldown timer.

11. Chinese school education will add a focus on patriotic education, teaching the history of China with a view that China needs to reclaim its centership of the world.

What did your country do last week to improve your lives? I know mine did fuck all.

We have a topic about this in cultural revolution 2.0. Can anybody merge this with my topic please.
Igor Antunov wrote:Yes feel free to merge and for the love of Mao this is public info feel free to dig up your own sources guys.

That's because your post is probably made-up bullshit.

Cannot find a source for the 12-months leave.

China introduced the 40-hour work week in 1995.

etc.

It's your fucking job to provide sources, especially given you are utterly untrustworthy.
Rugoz wrote:That's because your post is probably made-up bullshit.

Cannot find a source for the 12-months leave.

China introduced the 40-hour work week in 1995.

etc.

It's your fucking job to provide sources, especially given you are utterly untrustworthy.

Have confidence in me, my child. If anything I undersold the pace of change.

China’s Guangzhou to Open Six Bus Routes Running 50 Driverless Vehicles
Guangdong province announced a hybrid pilot scheme in July wherein autonomous vehicles would run on the same roads alongside manned cars, local tabloid Southern Metropolis Daily reported today. The city’s government adopted the plan yesterday.

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/china- ... s-vehicles

This comes after just a couple month driverless pilot program in Beijing. China is on steroids.
late wrote:Another Great Leap Forward..

Poor China.

That they felt the need to turn the country upside down is telling us they are running scared.

I agree in that it mostly sounds like a bunch of shit, other than the paid maternity and paternity leave, if that's accurate. (Though as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions and this one can certainly backfire.)

@Igor Antunov would probably lose his shit if he was restricted to 30 minute internet sessions.

Some of it seems well intentioned but I don't really like government getting into my personal life as much of the next guy.

But, I don't agree that China is slowing down and soon to fail. And I did have good times in China and some of the best friends I have ever had were Chinese.

But it could be that you are right, noone can predict the future.
Igor Antunov wrote:Image

Another 1979- set of reforms.

Actually, don't you feel a bit of desperation of some sort from those reforms?

Most of them seem to curb activities that might undermine the CCPs authority, increase CCP popularity by basically bribing the population and artificially trying to increase employment through squeezing the high income sectors?
JohnRawls wrote:Actually, don't you feel a bit of desperation of some sort from those reforms?

Most of them seem to curb activities that might undermine the CCPs authority, increase CCP popularity by basically bribing the population and artificially trying to increase employment through squeezing the high income sectors?

Society is 100% artificial. The fact the government in China can exercise so much decisive control, implement such wide sweeping changes, do it without mass dissent and still have western and domestic companies come begging for crumbs is telling-it has its shit in order.

China Tells Gaming Firms to End ‘Solitary’ Focus on Profit and to remove "Effeminate" Gender Imagery
https://www.yahoo.com/now/china-tells-t ... 08470.html

Good good. Wipe that degeneracy and profit worship from the surface of the planet.
Igor Antunov wrote:Society is 100% artificial. The fact the government in China can exercise so much decisive control, implement such wide sweeping changes, do it without mass dissent and still have western and domestic companies come begging for crumbs is telling-it has its shit in order.

China Tells Gaming Firms to End ‘Solitary’ Focus on Profit and to remove "Effeminate" Gender Imagery
https://www.yahoo.com/now/china-tells-t ... 08470.html

Good good. Wipe that degeneracy and profit worship from the surface of the planet.

Society is made of people so saying that society is 100% artificial is not honest. There is an organic element to society and a lot of it. But that wasn't my question, the question was that the measures seem to smell a bit of desperation as if the party is loosing popularity or there are problems in China with economy or anything else. What do you think about that?
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]