58% Of Voters Say Jan 6 Commission Is Biased - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@ArthurTandy1, @ArthurTandy1,

What percentage would say the USSC is now biased?

Finding 100 political office holders nationwide in US who are not biased would be very hard.

This like saying 10 months into a police murder investigation that the detectives are biased against the suspects they think did it.
Seven donkeys and two RINOs. It's as biased as it can get.

More to the point, it's a shiny object because everything the democrats touch turns to shit.

From supplying the Taliban with $85 Billion in advanced weaponry in Afghanistan to broken supply chains to Covid to the wide open border to the shitty economy to pissing down voters throats with wokeness to high inflation to rampant crime in donkey blue inner-shitties to.......................
late wrote:Everyone has a bias, usually several.

Not everyone has the facts, or the ability to understand them..

Or the willingness, which I think is the most important.

Especially with all the injustice and helplessness rampaging across the world.
The fact that it even exists hints at a deeper bias.

The US was enveloped in massive riots throughout the summer of 2021. Police stations were attacked and occupied. Democrats signaled support of it. People even talked about how breaking social distancing rules to go out and protest was valid -- this was back when the strains of the Coronavirus were comparatively more deadly. There were no investigations concerning this.

The whole idea behind the January 6 committee is to imply that there was a conspiracy to overthrow the government, but the whole idea is garbage. It is hard to not view any commission as anything but political theater.
@Verv Democrats supported the protests, not the riots. There's an important distinction between the two that is conflated by the right-wing.
Godstud wrote:@Verv Democrats supported the protests, not the riots. There's an important distinction between the two that is conflated by the right-wing.

I would say the same can be said of the Republicans and their relationship with J6.

Yet,

At least seven New York Democratic politicians have announced they will be redirecting campaign donations from police and correctional officer PACs to bail funds and other mutual aid organizations, as protests of police brutality against black men unfold across the country.

NBC

Stuff like that is funny.

I am sure there are plenty who have contributed to bail funds directed precisely at protesters who were picked up.

The line between riot and protest can be quite blurred.
Verv wrote:I would say the same can be said of the Republicans and their relationship with J6.

Yet,

NBC

Stuff like that is funny.

I am sure there are plenty who have contributed to bail funds directed precisely at protesters who were picked up.

The line between riot and protest can be quite blurred.

Yes, sometimes the line is hard to recognize.

For me the Jan. 6th protest/riot was way past the line because the stated intent was to "Stop the Steal". That was to stop the Congress from handing on power to the next President in the US peacefully.

For me the intent of the Black Lives Protests was to have their grievances heard. Yes, there was some looting and some arson. That was not the intent however.

No doubt, you and I have seen different videos and so have different images of what happened. As I understand the facts, something like 97% of the BLM protests (mostly the smaller ones) were totally peaceful, with no arson and no looting, etc. Whereas 100% of the one Jan. 6th "protest"/riot taken as a whole was violent. Not 100% of the people, rather the one event included a lot of violence. I saw it with my own eyes.
Verv wrote:The whole idea behind the January 6 committee is to imply that there was a conspiracy to overthrow the government, but the whole idea is garbage. It is hard to not view any commission as anything but political theater.

The problem with Jan 6 isn't Jan 6 itself, but the insidious doubt it has sowed. It has put the US on a path of becoming a shit hole government.
Rancid wrote:The problem with Jan 6 isn't Jan 6 itself, but the insidious doubt it has sowed. It has put the US on a path of becoming a shit hole government.

I would say that we had somehow forgot that the US government was garbage in the 1990s... The economy was roaring and there was just us as a world power. All of the crazy political tinkering with things like Operation Gladio was forgotten... and the Iraq & Afghanistan wars seemed winnable, perahps even noble.

Maybe they were to some degree wars for oil, but it felt different than the crazy Cold War era, so people more or less accepted them as some new chapter.

So, I think that while what you are saying is not wrong, as it has gotten worse... It may be a mistake to ever think that there was a time in the last century where the US government was not somehow rotten.

We would perhaps have to go back two centuries to see that. Of course, it would then be pointed out that blacks were owned as slaves. I am not a relativist. But I am also not a perfectionist. I will just say then that we have to maybe go back quite a very long time to at least see an America that is not already entangled by hypocrisy.
Verv wrote:It may be a mistake to ever think that there was a time in the last century where the US government was not somehow rotten.

Of course. However, this particular flavor of rottenness will ensure the US government will forever be rotten. It will cement our inability to un-rotten the government so to speak.

As rotten as the US government is, it has never been included in the same circle as Russia, China, Brazil, Turkey, take your pick. What I'm saying is, the US is on a path to join the ranks of those nations. That has never been true in the past, and it's baffling that this is what a significant segment of Americans want.
Verv wrote:I would say that we had somehow forgot that the US government was garbage in the 1990s... The economy was roaring and there was just us as a world power. All of the crazy political tinkering with things like Operation Gladio was forgotten... and the Iraq & Afghanistan wars seemed winnable, perahps even noble.

Maybe they were to some degree wars for oil, but it felt different than the crazy Cold War era, so people more or less accepted them as some new chapter.

So, I think that while what you are saying is not wrong, as it has gotten worse... It may be a mistake to ever think that there was a time in the last century where the US government was not somehow rotten.

We would perhaps have to go back two centuries to see that. Of course, it would then be pointed out that blacks were owned as slaves. I am not a relativist. But I am also not a perfectionist. I will just say then that we have to maybe go back quite a very long time to at least see an America that is not already entangled by hypocrisy.

You would have to go back to before the Neolithic Revolution to find any government which was not already entangled by hypocrisy.
Rancid wrote:
Of course. However, this particular flavor of rottenness will ensure the US government will forever be rotten. It will cement our inability to un-rotten the government so to speak.

As rotten as the US government is, it has never been included in the same circle as Russia, China, Brazil, Turkey, take your pick. What I'm saying is, the US is on a path to join the ranks of those nations. That has never been true in the past, and it's baffling that this is what a significant segment of Americans want.

---

'Hit the BRICS'.

(Get it?)

= D
Rancid wrote:As rotten as the US government is, it has never been included in the same circle as Russia, China, Brazil, Turkey, take your pick. What I'm saying is, the US is on a path to join the ranks of those nations. That has never been true in the past, and it's baffling that this is what a significant segment of Americans want.
The USA has always been in the ranks of those nations, only in different ways. It's only nationalism and patriotism that blinds people to the faults of their nations.
Verv wrote:The whole idea behind the January 6 committee is to imply that there was a conspiracy to overthrow the government, but the whole idea is garbage. It is hard to not view any commission as anything but political theater.

We don't need to investigate whether there was a conspiracy because I know in my gut there wasn't a conspiracy. :excited:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]