A 'Thank you' to Mr. Donald Trump. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

We've seen, on forum sites and in the statements of some 'conservatives and Republican legislators, paeans heaped upon Mr. Donald Trump. They are often general in nature, with few specifics. There is one well worth noting.

Mr. Trump and his cohorts have brought to our [the American public] attention the relative frailty of our republic form of democratic government. The drafters of our constitution had concerns, too. Some were stated or can be easily winkled from writings such as the Federalist Papers. Mr. Benjamin Franklin is also said to have provided us with a simple admonition regarding our then-new republic.

And so I thank Mr. Trump. Perhaps, just perhaps, we can keep our Republic -- our democracy -- a while longer.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

PS. Season's greetings!
Torus34 wrote:Mr. Trump and his cohorts have brought to our [the American public] attention the relative frailty of our republic form of democratic government.

Before him, the World Trade Center wreck, the dot com bubble, crash of 2008, and all the countries the USA has recently destroyed.... might have been a hint that trouble was ahead, if you were paying attention to anything but Hollywood.
Trump raised awareness of the Chinese threat, and as you mentioned, inadvertently reminded others of democracy's fragileness and the Russian threat.

But I think publicly declaring gratefulness to him is a very bad move, because there are so many people, including PoFo'ers, who (at leave believe themselves to) suffer from Trump's policies so much that, they are eager to conduct "struggle sessions" against whoever making even just remotely favourable remarks of him.

Good Luck.
QatzelOk wrote:Before him, the World Trade Center wreck, the dot com bubble, crash of 2008, and all the countries the USA has recently destroyed.... might have been a hint that trouble was ahead, if you were paying attention to anything but Hollywood.

Hi, QatzelOK!

I assume the 'you' was general. I would be concerned about someone who got his/her political information, much less information about events occurring in the world in general, from 'Hollywood.'

Torus34 wrote:I would be concerned about someone who got his/her political information, much less information about events occurring in the world in general, from 'Hollywood.'

You should be equally concerned about an entire society - flirting with generalized functional illiteracy - that gets all its information from commercial screens.

You can't save yourself from the damage they will let happen as they blissfully erase the opinion-making software that they were born with.
QatzelOk wrote:You should be equally concerned about an entire society - flirting with generalized functional illiteracy - that gets all its information from commercial screens.

You can't save yourself from the damage they will let happen as they blissfully erase the opinion-making software that they were born with.

Hi again.

There's one characteristic which exists in a surprisingly large percent of my fellow Americans that concerns me. It's a willingness to accept an authoritarian leader. Add to this the unwillingness of many to examine data and opinion critically, and "Houston, we have a problem." I have no easy solution to this, any more than I have an easy solution for the systemic continuation of an assumed untermensch in our American society. Education can help, but we have a 'movement' which purports that a vocal group of parents know what schools should teach better than trained professionals.

Torus34 wrote:There's one characteristic which exists in a surprisingly large percent of my fellow Americans that concerns me. It's a willingness to accept an authoritarian leader.

All societies in decline are apt to "choose" a powerful tyrant. This is because, at this point in the devolution, only a powerful tyrant can maintain the failed system.

And in a corrupt system like ours, most people have lost the basic skills that we need to survive such as: common sense, cooperation, a general understanding of politics and other people, and a healthy quantity of empathy.

Without these basic survival skills, societies are forced to "rely on the madness of a psychopath to maintain the bankrupted social structure.

The USA is far from the first society to turn to tyranny to "maintain its brand." It might be the last one though- techno poisons are a lot stronger than they used to be.
Trump was a lying piece of shit, who lacked ethics and any moral fiber. The only thing he did was make other politicians look honest by comparison.

Trump and his ilk are the same: racist and misogynistic assholes.

Fuck Trump. Fuck your stupid thread.

You are delusional @Torus34
Godstud wrote:Trump was a lying piece of shit, who lacked ethics and any moral fiber. The only thing he did was make other politicians look honest by comparison.

Trump and his ilk are the same: racist and misogynistic assholes.

Fuck Trump. Fuck your stupid thread.

You are delusional @Torus34

Hi, Godstud!

Thank you for taking time to post a response to my OP.

Season's best to you and yours.
Godstud wrote:Trump was a lying piece of shit, who lacked ethics and any moral fiber. The only thing he did was make other politicians look honest by comparison.

Making other American politicians look honest by comparison... is not an easy feat.

His "lying piece of shit-iness" was programmed by Hollywood, as virtually every soundbite that left his mouth was spun into a media personality.

TV viewers love this. They live for spectacle and an end to their mind-numbingly boring suburban isolation.

Maybe( I know this must be a strange thing for you[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]