Thomas should be impeached - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By late
"But as I wrote in 2012, Justice Thomas having such a lapse of judgment should not be surprising, as anyone expecting him to do the right thing is being foolish, unless that thing helps the Republican Party.

Justice Thomas may have a warm smile and an infectious laugh but both his character and his legal opinions leave a lot to be desired. Here are his ten greatest hits in no particular order (and please notice I am leaving out Anita Hill's allegations but not because I don't believe her).

1) Justice Thomas has made numerous public appearances for the Heritage Foundation, a far right activist group, without disclosing that his wife had been a paid consultant for Heritage for years.

In related news, Ginny Thomas was working for Heritage in 2000 trying to get folks placed in the upcoming Bush Administration while Justice Thomas was deciding the election for Bush in Bush v. Gore.

Sorry, but I have never just "gotten over it," as the late Justice Scalia used to tell his many audiences.

2) According to that flaming liberal law professor Jonathan Turley, The Ethics in Government Act of 1978 requires federal officials, including Supreme Court justices, to disclose their spouse’s income. On the appropriate section of his 2003 to 2009 disclosure forms, however, Justice Thomas checked the box for “none.” In reality, according to Turley, Ginny Thomas was paid over $600,000 by Heritage from 2003-2007, and was paid by another conservative group in 2009.

5) Justice Thomas (along with Justice Scalia) spent several all-expenses-paid cozy weekends in the mid-late 2000's at Koch Brothers retreats (read fundraisers) at fancy resorts in California.

In related news, the Koch Brothers (one has passed) had and have important interests before the Court."

Much more at the link.

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2022/05/justic ... .html#more
There’s this economics dude, Glenn Loury and he speaks quite highly of the Justice. They both find affirmative action offensive.
late wrote:If he was a regular judge, he would have been fired and disbarred a long time ago.

Indeed, he would at least fulfill the objective conditions for that. I wonder if other justices are in a similar situation (regardless of their ideology).

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]