An interesting take on Jordan Peterson - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@Pants-of-dog

@Godstud can't tell the difference between damages in a civil case and fines in a criminal case. Getting into the spirit of the thread, I chose to use his preferred language.

:)
At an individual level, what difference would civil or criminal be to said individual? Not to mention the legal costs and general stress of enduring any process in the legal system?

*not that I care. Haven’t we talked about JP enough? :roll:
@ness31

I know too few words.

So I will try again:

"legal costs"

Maybe the manager should have thought of that before playing the arsehole. Good manners cost nothing.
ness31 wrote:At an individual level, what difference would civil or criminal be to said individual? Not to mention the legal costs and general stress of enduring any process in the legal system?

*not that I care. Haven’t we talked about JP enough? :roll:

Well, people who have been found guilty of crimes have more trouble getting jobs, housing, can not work or volunteer with vulnerable people, and have a criminal record.

Civil cases are far less damaging, At least one of the restaurants named in the lawsuits, for example, is still operating and hiring and serving and whatnot.
Potemkin wrote:Indeed it does, and it says that @SpecialOlympian is awesome! :up:

I am. I correctly identified finance as the best career option to extract wealth from the wealthy through my labor. I'm fucking great.

I can't even imagine what kind of idiot you would be to exist in a capitalist system and purposely deal with the poor. Some people just suck at getting money.
Here's an interesting take on Jordan Peterson:

He deleted his Patreon in solidarity with Dave Rubin, which gave him some ridiculous amount like $90,000/month. All to show how much he supported an absolute loser who has had multiple right wing personalities tell him, Dave Rubin, that they hate him for being gay and that they think his lifestyle is abhorrent.

Then Jordan Petersen, an actual fucking doctor who specialized in addiction medicine, purposely doctor shopped his way through Canada, then North Amercica, and South America, until he finally ended up in a an Easter Bloc country where a doctor with zero scruples gave him what he wanted: putting him under a medical coma while he withdrew from benzos. A treatment Peterson knew would give him a stroke, which he knew would happen as a doctor.

Jordan Peterson, as a doctor who once specialized in addiction studies, knew this was suicidal and stupid. And that withdrawing from benzos cold turkey was no different from being a hardcore alcoholic who quit drinking. But he did it anyway.

The man wants to die and leave all his stupid, incel followers fatherless with nobody to tell them to clean their rooms or worship lobsters. I think it says a lot about American society that a whiny, suicidal loser who cries while talking about Disney films somehow fills a void in the lives of men who need to be told to pick McDonald's soda cups off their floor. He was absolutely the biggest loser who filled a space nobody knew existed, like a retarded Edison.
filled a space nobody knew existed

Very true. Andrew Tate seems to do the same thing.

There’s a broader issue here that no one seems to acknowledge; men are looking for leadership. We now have generations of men with daddy issues :hmm:

It’s unforgivable really, the way men have been dismantled; awaiting re-assemblage in a less offensive and ‘toxic’ manner :|
Masculinity is being seen as "Toxic", even when it isn't, and "Yes.", a generation of single mothers hasn't helped anything. All you have is men and women who haven't had the important male role model in their lives and who are suffering for it.
And yet, if a politician suggests national service they’ll get labeled as being out of touch. National service without conscription might be the way to go.
@Godstud

Why are you so hung up on stereotypes?

Why can't masculinities be diverse?

You show a great deal of insecurity in this thread. I don't give a toss what a minuscule minority of society gets up to. As long as they are happy and don't expect me to cut off my cock, let them do as they please.

As to pronouns, suppose a lad wants to be called Janet and addressed as 'she' humour him. It's no skin off my nose or yours.
It's not what the minority is doing. It's the reaction of the majority which is the problem. The majority has been cowed by a very loud, and obnoxious, vocal minority.

Insecure? :roll: The insecure people are people who feel the need to attack Jordan Peterson because he's speaking against Feminist and Woke rhetoric.

Ingliz wrote:Why can't masculinities be diverse?
What do you think masculinity means? :eh:

Masculinity
qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.

Characteristics: Traits traditionally viewed as masculine in Western society include strength, courage, independence, leadership, and assertiveness.

It's already diverse. The problem comes from the people who see this as "toxic" because of the simple differences that exist between the 2 sexes(Not genders and I am speaking in general).

Ingliz wrote:As to pronouns, suppose a lad wants to be called Janet and addressed as 'she' humour him. It's no skin off my nose or yours.
I will call them "Janet" if they want, but a pronoun is generally not even required if you know a person's name.
Godstud wrote:The majority has been cowed by a very loud, and obnoxious, vocal minority.

Bollocks!
@Godstud

Some men are weak, some cowards, some mummy's-boys, some followers, and some never say boo to a goose.

Are they all nancy boys?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

That's the risk of these understandable reactions[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]