An interesting take on Jordan Peterson - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

pugsville wrote:yeah but the same record that EVERYTHING is a witch hunt, everyone is out to get him, because he's teh sole truth speaker and the rest of society is run bu cultural Marxists., the sky is falling etc etc. Blah blah blah.

Yup his stick is successful make money.

But I can imagine a professional body being sick of a con artist posing as member of their profession.

You said he's complaining everyone is out to get him so they apparently slap him with a reprimand that he has to pay for out of pocket because they don't like him?

Doesn't work like that. There's rules. He either broke the rules or he didn't.
Unthinking Majority wrote:That's fine, I agree they are just claims at this point.

This is just speculation.

It is not speculation to say that JP has made ethically questionable social media posts.

What is speculation is whether or not those specific posts were the problem.

You're playing with semantics. I'm not playing these games.

Okay, then look at practical impacts. He can, at most, lose his licence. He no longer uses his licence.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is not speculation to say that JP has made ethically questionable social media posts.

What is speculation is whether or not those specific posts were the problem.

You claimed this was professional development training with no reason to assume this. If he's made "ethically questionable social media posts" this is not professional development, its a reprimand.

Okay, then look at practical impacts. He can, at most, lose his licence. He no longer uses his licence.

That's not how it works. There's rules. He either broke the rules or he didn't. You don't get to take away someone's professional license because you just don't like what they say or because they're taking a break from their practice and you or members of the public don't like their tweets or comments about climate change on Joe Rogan. He could say Justin Bieber shot JFK, it has no relevance to his practice.

There's nothing i can find in his College about political tweets, or offensive private opinions, unless its directly related to a client, their privacy, or misrepresenting their research or credentials etc.: https://cpo.on.ca/members/professional- ... l-conduct/

If he wants to remain a psychologist he will likely be forced to attend these sessions.
Unthinking Majority wrote:You claimed this was professional development training with no reason to assume this. If he's made "ethically questionable social media posts" this is not professional development, its a reprimand.

Yes, he is obviously not up to date on best practice when it comes to dealing with incels, trans people, women, and a whole host of other people.

That's not how it works. There's rules. He either broke the rules or he didn't. You don't get to take away someone's professional license because you just don't like what they say or because they're taking a break from their practice and you or members of the public don't like their tweets or comments about climate change on Joe Rogan. He could say Justin Bieber shot JFK, it has no relevance to his practice.

There's nothing i can find in his College about political tweets, or offensive private opinions, unless its directly related to a client, their privacy, or misrepresenting their research or credentials etc.: https://cpo.on.ca/members/professional- ... l-conduct/

If he wants to remain a psychologist he will likely be forced to attend these sessions.

You seem to have no disagreement with the fact that this will have no bearing at all on his current professional life, career, employment, or ability to make money.

Again, it probably has nothing to do with his political tweets. More likely, it was his overt bigotry towards trans people or spreading misinformation.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You seem to have no disagreement with the fact that this will have no bearing at all on his current professional life, career, employment, or ability to make money.

I never said that. I think not bring a licensed psychologist will be damaging to his career and ability to make money.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I never said that. I think not bring a licensed psychologist will be damaging to his career and ability to make money.

Why? He has not practiced clinical psychology in the last 5 years.

He makes about seven times as much money by being a pundit.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why? He has not practiced clinical psychology in the last 5 years.

He makes about seven times as much money by being a pundit.

It obviously matters because otherwise his detractors, including yourself, would have no issue with him keeping his license if "it didn't matter". But that's not the case, they wish to discredit him. They'd love to see him lose his license.
Unthinking Majority wrote:It obviously matters because otherwise his detractors, including yourself, would have no issue with him keeping his license if "it didn't matter". But that's not the case, they wish to discredit him. They'd love to see him lose his license.

I think his license should be revoked because he is practicing his trade in an unethical manner. In that respect, these proceedings make sense and matter to those who complained.

It should not matter to JP’s career, employment, or income, since none of these currently depend on the license.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think his license should be revoked because he is practicing his trade in an unethical manner. In that respect, these proceedings make sense and matter to those who complained.

It should not matter to JP’s career, employment, or income, since none of these currently depend on the license.

You should make a formal complaint then if you feel that way, and cite the ethics rule he broke. He's not even practicing his trade btw.
Unthinking Majority wrote:You should make a formal complaint then if you feel that way, and cite the ethics rule he broke. He's not even practicing his trade btw.

Yes, I believe that is what the complainants did.

They complained to the College, which then reviewed the complaints and then may (or may not) have censured JP by requiring these classes.

And I know he is not practicing his trade. This is part of my argument as to why the loss of his license is not important to his career.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, I believe that is what the complainants did.

They complained to the College, which then reviewed the complaints and then may (or may not) have censured JP by requiring these classes.

And I know he is not practicing his trade. This is part of my argument as to why the loss of his license is not important to his career.

Then why do you want him to lose his license if it's not important anyways? Sure you wouldn't care either way since its immaterial?

I assume it's obviously not because you want to discredit him and his views, political or otherwise, by seeing his professional accreditation removed next to his name and his inability to reference it in interviews etc? Surely you would also not be pleased if his PhD was also taken away from him since he no longer teaches or does academic research?
Unthinking Majority wrote:Then why do you want him to lose his license if it's not important anyways? Sure you wouldn't care either way since its immaterial?

I assume it's obviously not because you want to discredit him and his views, political or otherwise, by seeing his professional accreditation removed next to his name and his inability to reference it in interviews etc? Surely you would also not be pleased if his PhD was also taken away from him since he no longer teaches or does academic research?

As far as I know, he earned his degrees fair and square.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
Please quote the specific rule he's violated from the Ontario College of Psychologists about private political communications. Your link 1. isn't specific , and 2. it doesn't apply to him, he's not a member of the APA, he's from an entirely different country.

Also, since you didn't provide the quote for your claim that the article I posted in the OP reveals that the complaints against him are from colleagues then this claim will be thrown out as false and that you made it up.

I don't feel like wasting time with people that are only interested in excuses.

But I will say this, what I said was not false.
Jordan Peterson is lambasted and slammed in the media because his views are not consistent with the woke MSM. Period.
Godstud wrote:Jordan Peterson is lambasted and slammed in the media because his views are not consistent with the woke MSM. Period.

We should all behave more like lobsters. Nature is wiser than we are, as Jordan Peterson well knows. :)
Okay, that was pretty much what I was expecting.

I’ve said this before, Dr Peterson is not my cup of tea but I understand what he’s doing and why.

At this point in time, societally, we actually need the likes of Peterson. He’s done the math, he understands professional standards but he’s pushing those boundaries anyway. Not unlike Kanye lol.

I’m surprised he still has a license and I would prefer that it stay that way. But who knows how this is going to play out?

I almost wish he’d go through with the coaching and then report back. Not only that, he might be able to change a few minds on the way. Unfortunately that dogged fight Peterson is so good at doesn’t allow him to switch up so he’s going down the legal route. Pity.
Potemkin wrote:We should all behave more like lobsters. Nature is wiser than we are, as Jordan Peterson well knows. :)

Why do I feel like I watched a movie about this very thing? People die and can come back as animals and some people chose lobsters..
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]