Should the UK ban the short form of language? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The name "Coronavirus" should've been kept as an official name and the UK press should've use the word "Liberal Democrats" instead of the short word version of it in articles and news coverage.

But let's hopeful for a new law to prevent the use of short words immediately!!! (See page 1 for details)
Ban long words? Ridiculous.

SARS-Coronavirus-2 is actually the name for the Coronavirus, so stop shortening the names, @CallumPrecious1 ! ;) :D

Abbreviations have always existed. There is nothing wrong with it. They exist in ALL languages.

Can you imagine calling Bangkok by it's actual name?
Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

Translated, roughly to : "The City of Gods, the Great City, the Residence of the Emerald Buddha, the Impregnable City (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the Grand Capital of the World Endowed with Nine Precious Gems, the Happy City Abounding in Enormous Royal Palaces Which Resemble the Heavenly Abode Wherein Dwell the Reincarnated Gods, a City Given by Indra and Built by Vishnukarm.”

I'll stick to Bangkok or Krung Thep, thankyouverymuch! :lol:
Should the UK ban the...

the UK....

UK....

Does this rythme with the F-word?
QatzelOk wrote:Does this rhyme with the F-word?

Seeing as it will soon be the Former United Kingdom once the SNP have their way, it's well and truly fucked.

:)
Guys, please be advised that this thread is only to reflect my issue of short form language and it's nothing to do with the amount of swear words or some of the company's names etc.

This should only focus on the possible discriminatory use of short words as only mentioned in this image instead (NOTE: This was taken from my Reddit page):

So please avoid mixing swear words with this?
CallumPrecious1 wrote:Guys, please be advised that this thread is only to reflect my issue of short form language and it's nothing to do with the amount of swear words or some of the company's names etc.
So please avoid mixing swear words with this?

Swear words should be fine, as long as they are not short form.

Examples:

"Go fuck yourself" is good (long form), but not "Go effe yourself."

"What a son of a bitch!" is good, but not "What an S.O.B.!"

"An asshole is an asshole," is good, but not "an A-hole is an A-hole."

QatzelOk wrote:Swear words should be fine, as long as they are not short form.

Examples:

Mind your Ps and Qs, @QatzelOk!
QatzelOk wrote:Swear words should be fine, as long as they are not short form.

Examples:

Watch your language please?
CallumPrecious1 wrote:Anyhow, i want something to show you with this: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=183694

Wow. I see that you are probably the most Localist poster we have at pofo.

The South of England - live on CAllumPrecious1! 24-7!
QatzelOk wrote:Wow. I see that you are probably the most Localist poster we have at pofo.

The South of England - live on CAllumPrecious1! 24-7!

It's not a poster, it is a thread i made a few weeks ago. It is about the plans to pull Southern England out of the UK but England would also split into two at the same time.
@CallumPrecious1

"it is a thread"

Dictionary definition from Oxford Languages...

poster

noun

A person who publishes something online, typically on a blog or on social media.

A post is a message in a thread.

A thread is made up of posts.

You posted the message that started the thread you provided a link to.

Ergo, CallumPrecious1 is a poster as defined by Oxford Languages.

:)
ingliz wrote:
Dictionary definition from Oxford Languages...

poster

noun

A person who publishes something online, typically on a blog or on social media.

Perhaps "poster" is the short form of a much longer word like "posterifficamenter?"

► Show Spoiler
Potemkin, if y'all isn't likin' the way them-there USA people says things, maybe y'all shouldenna massacred s'many First Nations to make way for 'em?

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]