One More War! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Papergut
Recently, Kurdistan authorities contacted Americans and asked them to stop possible Turkish attack on its territory. "If they enter our territory, we will declare war", - they said. America talked to Turkey... and betrayed their Kurd allies once again! America and Turkey now have an agreement: America uses Turkey's military airports and America allows Turkey to invade northern Iraq that belongs to the Kurds. I guess Kurds will soon declare war on the Turks... and that will lead to major revolts at least in three countries!
By KurtFF8
that wasnt an agreement by us, it was simply an act by the turkish parlement
By Papergut
KurtFF8 wrote:that wasnt an agreement by us, it was simply an act by the turkish parlement

Evidence?
By Steve
The Turkish Parliament voted to allow the US to use Turkish airspace to attack Iraq. In return for this Turkey expects to be allowed to invade northern Iraq, something that the Kurds do not want.

The US does not want to Turkey to invade Iraq, but if they don't allow them to Turkey may not let them use their airspace.
By KurtFF8
exactly, we dont want them to invade northern Iraq. And I heard that we were pushing to see if they would allow us to use their bases for ground operations and they said no, but still reserved the right to enter Iraq.... it was a seperate vote by the Turkish parlement.
By CasX
Escalation of this conflict was so predictable. Looks like Turkey are going to get the oil fields of northern Iraq for themselves if they can, probably at the expense of many Kurdish lives.
By KurtFF8
CasX wrote:Escalation of this conflict was so predictable. Looks like Turkey are going to get the oil fields of northern Iraq for themselves if they can, probably at the expense of many Kurdish lives.

probably not, we are trying to let the people of iraq setup their own new government and stuff, but we wont let turkey take territory. Also it will probably soon be officially Kurdistan soon
By Proctor
KurtFF8 wrote:...we are trying to let the people of iraq setup their own new government and stuff, but we wont let turkey take territory.
I don't know about that. I mean, you will help the Iraqis set up their own government, but It'd better be pro American or else....

kurtFF8 wrote:Also it will probably soon be officially Kurdistan soon
Not if the Turks can help it.

Off topic, but if the war is a 'decapitation campaign' intended to only strike at command, why was Kirkuk bombed? It is not under Hussein's control, and would probably be the Kurdish capital if Kurdistan was created.

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]