Moscow-City - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Russkie
Moscow-City (Russian: Москва-Сити) or Moscow International Business Center (Московский Международный Деловой Центр) is a projected part of central Moscow, Russia. Geographically situated in Presnya in eastern Moscow, located at the Third Ring, the Moscow-City area is currently under intense development.

The goal of MIBC "Moscow-City" is to create the first in Russia, and in all of Eastern Europe, a zone that will combine business activity, living space and entertainment. It will be a city within a city. The project was conceived by the Moscow government in 1992.

The construction of MIBC "Moscow-City" takes place on the Krasnopresnenskaya embankment. The whole project takes up 1 square kilometre. This territory is the only spot in downtown Moscow that can accommodate a project of this magnitude. Today, most of the buildings there are old factories and industrial complexes.

What's your opinion on this mass project? Is this Russia's version of Hong Kong? It will have a Supertower - the largest tower in Europe too.

Some of the picture remind me of Half-life 2 - the combine are watching.
By QatzelOk
All I see in this picture are cars and a glass tower.

No people, no life, and no architecture.

Is this really exciting for Russians? It looks like the most alienating and ugly part of downtown Toronto. These types of high-rise tower districts are almost always inhuman and dead spaces.

Cities can be inviting and human-scaled. Even if they're as large as Paris.
By kami321
Is this really exciting for Russians?

It is as much exciting for the Russians as it is for Americans. I'll call the area "Mordor center" for the reasons I will not explain.

the two pics don't look like each other

Can you stop being ridiculous?
By wonder cow
Can you stop being ridiculous?

Do I have the ability? Yes.

Do I have the will? Well... no.

(byw, of all my apx 3,500 ridiculous posts, how was that one ridiculous?)

By Vladimir
That complex is ugly, but alas no one can do anything once the mayer has apporved it. And the mayer has apporved a lot of ridiculous and vile things that are spoiling our city. I wish a painful death upon Luzhkov.
By Kiroff
And the mayer has apporved a lot of ridiculous and vile things that are spoiling our city.

It's needed, like the 400m Gazprom tower in SPB. Of course, people protested, even publicly against "ruining" the skyline, but as mayor Matvienko said, name one great project in SPB in the last 50 years. Also, the Federation tower is not that tall. The Russia Tower(currently geological studies) begins construction in January, will be 600 m. Oh, and Kami, it really will look like a Mordor tower. Now, if you excuse me, I have some pan views and construction images to spam about the Moscow City compound.

Federation Tower 1(the smaller one, almost complete, 1 or 2 stories left), 1st tower is 62 stories, second is 93:

The entire compound:

This is the "boardwalk Tower," north of the Federation Tower, highest one is 56 stories.

At night:

The North Tower:

Parcel 12(currently just a big hole in the ground):

City of Capitals(currently 8 stories, will be done by 2007):

Sign in the backgound says:

"Federation*

*look up!"

The whole composition render:

Maps and renders of other projects:

Wedding palace(46 stories, 2008):

Imperia Tower:

Weird mall to be built by some sheikh from UAE:

The Terminal(transportation and shit):

Another view of Parcel 12:

Moscow Gov't and City Council(70 stories, 307 meters):

Russia Tower(looks like Rygyong Hotel but so what):

Scale Model(different Russia Tower here):

---

If anyone wants some pics of the actual construction status and images of each of those, tell me here.
By Russkie
So you guys prefeer to have the old stalinist architecture build?
By Theodore
Stalinist architecture... *drools*

I'm just sorry the Palace of the Soviets was never completed.
By Russkie
Stalin was also planning to build a huge ass marbel statue in the middle of Red Square of himself.

ahhh...the good old days of a personality cult....

despite the fact Lenin never wanted to be glorified like that.
By kami321
This is 100% "Riverside Mordor"

All those ridiculous skyscrapers and weird-shaped glass structures sicken me.

Thank goodness Baku doesn't have anything like that yet.
By Russkie
I think most of the developed world have these kind of futuristic designs. :roll:

If you think this fuure district is bad, go to the UAE.
By kami321
I think most of the developed world

Most of the what world?
I think you just used a word I don't understand or recognize.
By QatzelOk
It looks like a catalog of current architectural fads.

And the land around the buildings, what would normally be "the city life," is just dead space and cars.

But the old five-story "social realist" housing is amazing.
By kami321
I am sorry but I think these buildings will just be waiting to have airplanes crash in them. Even more so than former WTC buildings.

There's something about this futuristic totalitarian architecture that I find fundamentally unattractive.
By QatzelOk
There's something about this futuristic totalitarian architecture that I find fundamentally unattractive.

Then go get your pilot's license.
By kami321
Then go get your pilot's license.

Who said I need a pilot's license? ;)
Trust me, I won't waste my life on crashing into some buildings.
By Looter
Could you show where these structures are on a map of Moscow.
By dannymu
A very Beautiful area of Moscow.

Now Russkie show us the poorest and most miserable areas of Moscow.
By Vladimir
Most architects today have no brain and all deserve to be put into crazy houses.
If they are let loose, they will completely fuck up our city with fucking disgisting buildings.
I hate tall glass towers. They lack any sort of aesthetics or beauty. Architects are talentless and stupid.

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]