God Cuts Kids - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By U-235
Gibberish wrote:As a Muslim, I think that picture is extremely disgusting, and nobody has the right to treat thier own child like that.

As for male circumcision, I see nothing wrong with it.

Circumcision causes much more blood and pain then the minor laceration upon the boys head.
By LadyVenus
Uggggh...what a picture! How I abhor those extreme practices.

Celepro wrote:I also heard something about girls getting circumsized. What the heck is that about?!

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is an African, tribal practice to "preserve" the virginty of young girls. Girls are circumcised at the age of 7-12. As naked_turk explained, it deprives women from the sexual pleasure because the Clitoris is removed. When compared to male's circumcision, it means removing the penis. This practice leaves women with very low esteem and helplessness.

For male circumcision, it is believed that it is notably for cleanliness. I once read that circumcised males are less likely to develop cancer of the penis (a disease which is quite rare) There is some evidence that circumcision may help reduce the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and the rate of HIV infection.

Circumcision causes much more blood and pain then the minor laceration upon the boys head

Male circumcision consists of total or partial excision of the foreskin. It is painful at that time but who is upto it would bear the pain. It is usually done when boys are really young so they won't remember...lol

In what specific way can this be construed as barbaric.

In what specific way? :eh:

RL, and now the topic turned to be about circumcision :evil:
By Gibberish
U235 wrote:
Gibberish wrote:As a Muslim, I think that picture is extremely disgusting, and nobody has the right to treat thier own child like that.

As for male circumcision, I see nothing wrong with it.

Circumcision causes much more blood and pain then the minor laceration upon the boys head.

At least male circumcision has a good reason behind it.
By naked_turk
I've seen it done -- not nearly as much blood, actually. But the kid was crying on and off for a day, and afterwards even the slightest contact would cause bleeding and pain for almost a week.
By Unperson-S
:eek: Why the hell do they do that? He should cut his own head (the man thats doing it to the boy)

Why should the little kid have to suffer?
By naked_turk
symsydav wrote:He should cut his own head
He must have cut his own too. Amazing what people will do for "God."

I should however add that this isn't even a part of his religion... He's doing it to honour some religious leader's death from 1200+ years ago.
By Boondock Saint
I should however add that this isn't even a part of his religion... He's doing it to honour some religious leader's death from 1200+ years ago.

Turk interesting you said that, it reminded me of a pacific island that is made up primarily of Catholics. The reason it reminded me of it is because every Easter the devout actually carry a cross the full length that Jesus was alleged to carry the cross and they are actually crusified on it (no not to the death) with actual nails through the hands, beatings and a thorn crown.

Sorry I cannot give a link this was somthing I had seen a while back ago on a special about these folks ... but it is interesting how some people choose to show their faith ...

Interesting and frightening ...
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Rancid anyone who applauds and approves genocida[…]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be als[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]