Local Tea Parties - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By The American Lion
Anybody in the US going to their local Tea Parties this Wednesday? I will be going to the local Mt Vernon area to protest Obama Administration's take over of private companies and raising taxes.
By Sniperwolfe
I was thinking about doing it, but reminded myself that peaceful protest rarely does anything...

I'd go to a riot in a heartbeat though.
By NYYS
No way, got better things to do than group up and whine. Protesters are obnoxious and never get anything done.
By Lucky Strike
I'm in the middle of a move and it rained on our parade, so I stayed home and took a break from packing to write polite but concerned letters to my *cough democratic cough* senators instead.
By QatzelOk
These kind of "tea parties" are being called astroturf by many media pundits.

Astroturf - as in "fake grassroots."

"Down with interventionist business laws!"

"Save our CEOs from tighter scrutiny and unfair bonus regulations!"

It's enough to make anyone love a paradigm shift.

:roll:
By Donna
Calling it a tea party is a bit of an over-dramatization.
By TheRedMenace
The American Lion wrote:Anybody in the US going to their local Tea Parties this Wednesday? I will be going to the local Mt Vernon area to protest Obama Administration's take over of private companies and raising taxes.

Which companies did he take over exactly?
By Spotacus
I would go to a tea party if this dude was hosting it;

Make sure you warm the pot. Use one tea bag per person and then one for the pot, leave for about 3-4 minutes and stir, put the milk in the cups first. and provide sugar in the form of cubes. serve with biscuits or cakes.

Under no circumstances throw loose tea into cold salt water, rebel scum, you know who you are.
By Cartertonian
Someone satisfy my curiosity...

WTF are you lot on about?

I take it, contextually, that 'Tea Party' is some Yank euphemism for a protest? Named after the incident in Boston, presumably?

One likes to stay informed. :lol:
By Figlio di Moros
cartertonian wrote:Someone satisfy my curiosity...

WTF are you lot on about?

I take it, contextually, that 'Tea Party' is some Yank euphemism for a protest? Named after the incident in Boston, presumably?

One likes to stay informed. :lol:

Somewhat... The Tea Parties are a particular kind of protest that started six months ago, mainly against high taxes and spending. Qatz, considering they'd been going on for six months, have been getting stronger, and that 50% of the population voted McCain and of the democrats, there's still a strong amount of blue-dog democrats, do you honestly believe that people aren't motivated to organize and protest on their own accord?
By MB.
That video made me want to stab people.
By skinster
(I couldn't go further than five minutes of that clip)

NUKE 'EM!
:D
By Huntster
That video made me want to stab people.

KILL 'EM ALL.

Go for it.

The best way to do away with Leftists is in self-defense.

Start the party. I dare you.
By Infidelis
Their movement started a couple years ago, iirc. I recall a caller who called into the Randi Rhodes Show to correct her on her busting their chops for being a bunch of snarling racists. His organization in CA started during the Bush administration and most of the narrative then seemed to be about the two wars and how costly they were. It wasn't until recently that the rallies were really bolstered by Republican support as soon as Dems power grabbed Congress and the Presidency in '08. They seemed to have been more Libertarian-esque, up until then.
By Quantum
cartertonian wrote:Bugger that...Top Gear's on Dave. :D

Excellent channel :up: It's full of entertaining programmes like Top Gear and Bear Grylls.

As for the Tea Parties, these protesters are a bunch of whiny people. How deluded are they if they think that they could create a "second Revolution" by engaging in useless protests? Only acts of civil disobedience and insurrection can change things and not legal protests. I may not like Obama but these people really take the biscuit.

:roll: Since @wat0n has no disagreement with a[…]

Note that this bottleneck obviously affects impo[…]

Yes, thise DNA test sites that tell you that you a[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]