Pittsburgh G-20 Resistance Project - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By KurtFF8
NYYS wrote:You know that no one else takes these things seriously? When something "bad" happens (bad in quotes because some teenaged commie getting teargassed is actually pretty funny) it's only a question of whether the police acted too harshly. I have never, ever heard anyone ask what the protesters believe in or why they do what they do. It's always a question of how the police should respond to that behavior.

You make a fundamental false claim that the protesters don't have an alternative or believe in anything other than protesting.

They are often asked and respond in certain cases, but when protests turn violent (whether the police are at fault which is often the case of the protesters turn violent) then it's painted as something quite differently by the media.

And your charactertures of the protesters is nothing but a false cheap ad homenuim and offers nothing to the discussion.

Rojik wrote:I hope that they get baton charged, tear gassed, beaten senseless and locked up. These idiots who take the right of free speech and peaceful protest to the extreme of attacking police and destroying public property to get try and get the point across that they somehow have the answers to all of societies problems is why I favour a fascist dictatorship. Listen to these people? Only if they are begging for mercy, and only to laugh at it.

What are you talking about? Even Anacrhists tend to not start violence at protests. For example in Seattle, it is quite accepted that the police were at fault (as was the case with DNC 1968).

These are indeed peaceful protests.

What ever the G-8 discusses at it's meetings it won't be changed by those idiots smashing police and destroying property out the front. The sooner the state opens fire on those "people" the better the world will be. Rebels with out an idea is the nicest thing I could say about them.

The 1999 Seattle protests already significantly altered the framework of the globalization debate in America i would say.

And to posit that the protesters don't have alternatives is against quite laughable and quite the opposite: they have quite a few alternatives to the system of global capital.
By Dave
KurtFF8 wrote:What does it say about the ideology and the people who subscribe to it?

That it's an ideology for effeminate weaklings.
By Dave
Indeed, because it's the truth. These losers think that weak failures deserve equality and that strength is some kind of a sin. Not only that, they want to force us all into kumbaya harmony. How incredibly embarrassing.
By KurtFF8
I hardly think that Marxists or Anarchist want "kumbaya harmony." They aren't hippies after all.
By Dave
No, but the freakshows at protests like these do.
By NYYS
You make a fundamental false claim that the protesters don't have an alternative or believe in anything other than protesting.

I did not make that claim. I know very well what they're protesting, but that's because I'm active on an internet political forum and am exposed to that kind of ridiculousness every day. I do, however, realize most of them are just out to cause some trouble or have fun.

My point was that no one else knows and no one makes any effort to find out. The center of the story isn't "look at how much these people believe in freedom for the workers!" - it's "should the police have used tear gas?" That type of far-leftism isn't considered a reasonable ideology by 99% of Americans, so it's not covered and no one cares.
They are often asked and respond in certain cases

I've never seen it. Usually some reporter gets mobbed by a group of people crowding the streets, and he pulls one of them aside and asks what they're protesting, which is invariably answered by a quick, excited stream of rhetoric ("we're protesting the capitalist nations oppression of the workers!") and followed by a loud, happy cheer from the surrounding protesters. There is no serious point made, it just looks like a bunch of kids out having a good time.
By Eauz
The most unfortunate part of thist resistance project is that it has been organised and produced already over 2 months before the meetings will occur. In other words, this is far from a resistance of any form. They are required by law to report any protests to both the police of the city and the government of the city as well. They really should have organised the group of protesters and just taken to the streets without the authority of the police. Then we'd see our wonderful liberties at work.
By KurtFF8
But if it was completely unplanned and unorganized there would be nothing but uncoordinated violence.

This sort of "lets just have it be completely sporadic" seems to be an odd attitude for a Marxist to take ;)
By Eauz
No, I meant in regard to applying to hold the protests in the city. In other words, they are required by law to advise the authorities of any protests they will have.

I have no problem with them organising themselves but don't advise the authorities. It shouldn't be required if our society supports freedom and democracy.
By Eauz
Dave wrote:These losers think that weak failures deserve equality and that strength is some kind of a sin. Not only that, they want to force us all into kumbaya harmony. How incredibly embarrassing.
Mind if you answer why we are supporting weak businesses and weak leadership in regard to these companies? Why is it that these people, according to you, are losers and supporting weakness but present day capitalism as we know it continues to promote and encourage failure, weakness and bad business practice? Before we write off these people, let's look at our own image.
By Dave
I'm not the one at the G20 conference. Feel free to address your questions as to why our leaders support weak enterprises and failed economic models to them directly. As noted in another thread I am deadly opposed to the current paradigm but would rather eat my own foot that turn over management to people who think that some fly-chaser halfway across the world is my spiritual brother.
By NYYS
Management's job is to produce the most profit for the owner(s), not to promote the well-being of their "spiritual brothers."
By Red Rebel
I'll be there protesting but those anarchists who want to create a "black bloc" when every damn cop in the greater Pittsburgh area will be ready to crack their skulls in if they do anything illegal. Besides those anarchist groups are covered with rats. An old anarchist friend of mine (recently converted to Marxism-Leninism ;) ) basically said those who want to riot groups are bad news to get into.
By KurtFF8
Indeed, this is why I posted the link to the Bali out the People Movement. I'm not a huge fan of "black blocks" and I have a feeling this protest will have one.
By JohnRawls
People like this should be hanged on the nearest Telephone pole. Who are they to think that they are better than the leaders of the top-20 nations elected by their people , each one of them has more than 50 million people behind them , really this is the pinacle of ignorance . This kind of people are pests to the society and deserve no media attention and only TEAR GAS , RUBBER BATS WATER CANONS , ELECTRIC SHOCK and a JAIL SELL for a night .
By Eauz
Dave wrote:but would rather eat my own foot that turn over management to people who think that some fly-chaser halfway across the world is my spiritual brother.
Do you have proof that they are seeking spiritual brotherhood?

Time to get over your idiocy, Dave.
By Northern-Anarchist-X
Serious Gravediggin Warning
You've been warned.

That it's an ideology for effeminate weaklings.

Effeminate weaklings out in the streets against people in body armour with machineguns.

The best remark on Nietzsche was that he was a small girl wearing the armour of a soldier. I find it ironic when people say things like that: how many times have you faced police in defence of what you believe in? Never?

Indeed, because it's the truth. These losers think that weak failures deserve equality and that strength is some kind of a sin. Not only that, they want to force us all into kumbaya harmony. How incredibly embarrassing.

I don't believe that equality is necessary (actually, I think anarcho-communists are if anything anti-egalitarian) and I don't believe strength is a sin. Strength is an action: you can do things for the right and wrong reasons. Your argument stems from a false perception that anarchists hold that the end delegetimizes the means by virtue of it's [end's] own immorality. As far as I know, no serious anarchists make that claim.

When something "bad" happens (bad in quotes because some teenaged commie getting teargassed is actually pretty funny)

People should always be punished for what they believe in. /Sarcasm

I hope that they get baton charged, tear gassed, beaten senseless and locked up. These idiots who take the right of free speech and peaceful protest to the extreme of attacking police and destroying public property to get try and get the point across that they somehow have the answers to all of societies problems is why I favour a fascist dictatorship. Listen to these people? Only if they are begging for mercy, and only to laugh at it.

Right. And if you got baton charged, tear gassed, beaten senseless, and locked up, I would simply laugh. Unfortunately I actually have respect for human dignity. The fascist doctrine of social competition as an end to itself has the falllacy in that it's proponents would never want to be tortured to death for being fascists.

People like this should be hanged on the nearest Telephone pole. Who are they to think that they are better than the leaders of the top-20 nations elected by their people , each one of them has more than 50 million people behind them , really this is the pinacle of ignorance . This kind of people are pests to the society and deserve no media attention and only TEAR GAS , RUBBER BATS WATER CANONS , ELECTRIC SHOCK and a JAIL SELL for a night .

People like this should be hanged on the nearest Telephone pole. Who are they to think that they are better than the workeres for the benefit of big business and the continued enfrachisement of the state this is the pinacle of ignorance . This kind of people are pests to the society and deserve no media attention and only TEAR GAS , RUBBER BATS WATER CANONS , ELECTRIC SHOCK and a JAIL SELL for a night .

I was speaking about the G20 leaders, obviously.

If an anarchist argues like this, they're a bomb-throwing ignorant. Ah well, it's good to know capitalists don't even take their own ideas seriously anymore.

Of all the discussion that could take place regarding these protests, from a critical angle against the anarchists, or the usage of black bloc tactics, the stuff people posted this thread is mind-blowingly dumb. Propaganda hasn't eroded anyone's capacity for critical thought ... oh wait ...

Seriously people ...
By Red Rebel
Since the grave is already dug out..

G20 protest was fun and exciting but didn't prove anything other than the cops can't contain a couple anarchist teenagers destroying stuff. Doubt the people in the conference room knew we were outside.

The organized march of Friday had solid demands and a greater turnout because they were respected a lot more than some pissed off hooligans who basically said "fuck the state," broke atms and harassed police.

Her great grandfather was Leon Trotsky. He moved […]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]