Vegetarianism & Veganism - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Pants-of-dog
QatzelOk wrote:Fishing is as harmless as hunting venison.

I have already shown this to be false.

QatzelOk wrote:It's less harmful than venison consumption as long as it's done within the limits of not altering the natural population.

It would theoretically be perfectly green to eat fish if they are caught - like venison - by hand in a primitive way that guarantees that their numbers remain ideal. With both wild fish and wild game, it's theoretically possible to live off the interest.

This is a bit more nuanced and intelligent. In theory, we could also raise livestock for meat consumption in a sustainable manner. That is the actual goal for any food harvesting system, regardless of dietary preferences.

QatzelOk wrote:But this would probably mean a 95% vegetarian diet complimented by occasional fish or venison. Most people can't afford venison, and with 7 billion people, it's probably best to think of how to eat minnows or other small fish that mature quickly. Or insects or pests, as another poster suggested.

In the meantime, a 95% vegetarian diet complimented by fish or dairy products is the safest and sanest diet for our current planet. This is the advice I would give to most people. Advising them to eat purely vegetarian, or to consume organic-fairtrade-local makes it too easy to slip back into high-meat, low veg eating. And pure vegetarianism can make you really sick, even if you think you know a lot about nutrition. I wouldn't want my advice to make people really sick, would you?

As a significant number of humans become vegetarian, the dietary science will accumulate, and we will understand nutrition enough to completely forgo unsustainable dietary cultures.

Again, your experience is not universal. Vegetarian diets are not healthy for many people, such as those who are lactose intolerant. Creating a food industry that caters only to vegetarians would force these people to become vegan, which is unhealthy. The goal is to provide a healthy diet to everyone using sustainable methods. This may mean that locusts are more accessible than bacon, but it should not mean that people are deprived of meat.
By QatzelOk
I have already shown this to be false.

No you haven't. You "showed" that it can be false sometimes if certain conditions persist.

Your contribution to this thread has been like the fine-print on a legal contract that has been expanded to be the same size and font as the content text.

Your texts are like fine print, POD. But fine print is - by definition - very small.

While, on the other hand, vegetarianism itself requires a holistic vision (generalized rhetoric) if it is to be seen by viewers as more than a variable in a semiotic game of out-bureaucratizing one another with unnecessary details and tangents that detract from a comprehension of the whole.

What pisses me off is not your whiteness (?) or y[…]

Support for terrorism keeps flooding media coverag[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Horrifying footage from Volchansk Bodies of civi[…]

Israel doesn't have hostages. They overall have[…]