Vegetarianism & Veganism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Goldberk
Perhaps with the state of the world it is time for more than encouragement.
By danholo
I feel better not eating meat, and I certainly do feel that people have an unhealthy addiction to it. I don't feel, however, that I would ever completely leave meat out of my diet.
By Dr House
goldberk wrote:doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't be vegetarian.

It does, actually. People need large amounts of protein and fat in their diet, and cannot properly digest vegetables without breaking down the cell walls first.
By Dave
Depends on the veggie

"Vegetable" is kind of a meaningless catch-all term

Non-tuberous root vegetables are easily digested
Last edited by Dave on 28 Jul 2009 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
By Rojik of the Arctic
I encourage everyone to become a Vegan, but if you can't, at least become a Vegetarian.

:eh:

But how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
By Goldberk
It does, actually. People need large amounts of protein and fat in their diet, and cannot properly digest vegetables without breaking down the cell walls first.

Protein and fat can be sourced from many other food types and many vegetables can be easily consumed, it helps to chew.
By Dr House
I didn't say people couldn't consume vegetables. I said people could not digest them.
By Goldberk
I didn't say people couldn't consume vegetables. I said people could not digest them.

Thats false as well.
By Cartertonian
Dave wrote:I encourage everyone to massacre vegans and vegetarians on the spot. Time to end this nonsense once and for all.

At least Dave can spell vegetarian, unlike the OP. ;)

As it happens, I've just been diagnosed as Type II diabetic so, if you'll excuse the pun, I've got enough on my plate trying to sort out my diet as it is without introducing nonsense like vegetarianism, FFS.
By MB.
At least Dave can spell vegetarian, unlike the OP.

Yikes!
By NYYS
Depends on the veggie

"Vegetable" is kind of a meaningless catch-all term

Non-tuberous root vegetables are easily digested

what the fuck why do you know that. you are wikipedia.
By Dave
That's probably not on wikipedia
By froggo
It's a conspiracy.
The lions tigers and bears are jealous that we beat them to the punch in mass-producing food sources from animals so they are forcing their "cuteness" upon us to try to make us turn the other cheek and let them be free so they can eventually mass produce us.
By Nets
I do feel guilty about eating meat, but it just tastes so damn good.
By Dave
Why would you feel guilty about eating meat? Is something wrong with you?
By Nets
Because animals do feel pain, mammals do have emotions. It just feels wrong. The Garden of Eden was vegan, eating meat is part of our fallen state.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]