Forming a Centrist party in the US, lets think about it. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Sephardi
Refused to repeal "don't ask, don't tell"

That's not Right Wing. That's pretty Centrist.

Opposes gay marriage.

Incorrect.

Gave a bazillion and a half dollars to Wall Street bankers.

That's Left Wing and an assault on the market.

Increased troop levels in Afghanistan by 30,000+ folks

Stalin would've approved.

Is a Chicago politician

Exactly.

Refused public funding for his campaign when the Republican agreed to it.

He spent $150 million on his inauguration party.
By Wolfman
Sephardi wrote:Obama is not rightist.

Yes he is.

I think he was part of ACORN

I've worked for McDonald's, but I'm not not a capitalist. Sometimes a job is just a job.

he went to a far left white-hating Jew-hating church for 20 years

One of my favorite teachers is an admitted Communist, but I'm not a Communist.

he associates with leftists Muslims

What are you on about?

That's not Right Wing. That's pretty Centrist.

Only because wanting to round up and kill gays is a Conservative position.

Incorrect.

Habeas Corpus.

Stalin would've approved.

Militarism is the very definition of Right Wing though.
By Groih
Haha Sephardi, with all due respect, you need to re-think what you say...

It is 99 percent of the time those on the right that support Don't ask Don't tell, so Obama is to the right there. Also, he does indeed oppose gay marriage.
, he supports civil union, very different.

No, it is a Right Wing attack on the working class and supporting Wall Street above the people; that is Right Wing.

It's laughable to assume that the entire Left agrees on everything, also I doubt Stalin would have increased troop levels in Afghanistan, but that's for another day. Also, being a war-monger is petty right wing, no?
Last edited by Groih on 10 Jan 2010 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
By Wolfman
Groih, personal insults are not allowed on this site, so you should edit that post.
By Sephardi
No, it is a Right Wing attack on the working class and supporting Wall Street above the people; that is Right Wing.

Absolutely incorrect. Almost all Right Wingers here disagree with Barack Obama on Wall Street.
By PBVBROOK
Absolutely incorrect. Almost all Right Wingers here disagree with Barack Obama on Wall Street.

Get a grip guy. Where did you get this idea? Here is a CNN article from LONG before Obama took the helm.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush, saying "our entire economy is in danger," urged Congress to approve his administration's $700 billion bailout proposal.

"We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis, and the federal government is responding with decisive actions," Bush said in a televised address Wednesday night from the White House.

Bush pointed out that the collapse of several major lenders was rooted in the subprime mortgage market that thrived over the past decade.

He said passage of the $700 billion bailout proposal was needed to restore confidence in the market.

"I'm a strong believer in free enterprise, so my natural instinct is to oppose government intervention," he said. But "these are not normal circumstances. The market is not functioning properly. There has been a widespread loss of confidence.

"Without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic."

Now the Republicans say they think the stimulous is a bad idea. They have fooled you and are fooling everyone else too. So don't try to give us the crap that the large stimulous programs and bailouts are Obama's idea.

And oh by the way guess who was president when we had a huge stimulous give away in the form of cash in 2008?

God. People's memory is about as long as my......nevermind.
By Sephardi
Now the Republicans say they think the stimulous is a bad idea. They have fooled you and are fooling everyone else too. So don't try to give us the crap that the large stimulous programs and bailouts are Obama's idea.

And oh by the way guess who was president when we had a huge stimulous give away in the form of cash in 2008?

God. People's memory is about as long as my......nevermind.

Republicans are were elitist politicians. The Right Wingers on Pofo tend to be Populist and would probably disagree with the bailouts. I was talking about Pofo not Congress.

@FiveofSwords There is no biological aspect […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]