National Strike Day 2010 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By PBVBROOK
Sign me up!.

I hope this catches on. It probably won't but it is newsworthy and might just get some traction.
By Infidelis
I don't know if having everyone strike on a one day is good for those that are employed when unemployment is so high. I'm sure there's more than enough non-union employers that would be willing to let a person go and to pick from a pool of people to hire that are seemingly more obedient.
By Northern-Anarchist-X
I don't know if having everyone strike on a one day is good for those that are employed when unemployment is so high. I'm sure there's more than enough non-union employers that would be willing to let a person go and to pick from a pool of people to hire that are seemingly more obedient.

Specifically the idea of the constant, mass strike, which this borrows from, is to shut down the system, period. It has nothing to do with keeping your job.

Though apparently these organizers don't share the same goal.
By Red Rebel
I'm all for the idea of direct action and a general strike to make change; however, this appears to be a very small group with little support from existing mass organizations. If unions, community groups, religious institutions, ect. got on board than this would have potenial. Also where am I going on the 10th of May? Not work? We would have to have specific locations at major cities to rally around. Even if the entire USA population (or most of it) skipped work, the capitalists would just count their loses and see everyone the next day.

Finally lol at the idea of a middle class.

Tibetan monks have genes that increase their abil[…]

No. So you agree that the IDF is blocking comvoy[…]

@Pants-of-dog if I had to bet, I'm guessing that[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]