National Boycott Day - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Individual
Was thinking of away to fight back against the machine currently screwing us out of our freedoms and thought hmm, how would it be if everyone stayed home for a week and let everything shutdown like it did after 9/11? The world lost billions over that short few days and I figure like Gandhi that shutting down the country via non-violence is exactly what they can't deal with. The expectation of this government is for us to lose control and lash out.

Most people are sheep and would rather conform and pay taxes even if it hurts them( altruism) but if you ask most Americans what they think about the IRS and taxes they'd rather keep what they earn, or their property as I see it. 4 million people owe money to the government and many refuse to pay at the risk of their honor and liberty. I just wonder how many people in non-governmental jobs would be willing to stand up and not show up for a week?

What else do we have? November Election? Bah, the RINO's are co-opting the Tea Party Movement now anyway.
Last edited by Individual on 04 Apr 2010 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
By Individual
I was thinking like the Joker for a minute but if you think it should go there then hey? I didn't know there was a 'DA' section.

I'm new!
By olgregg
i'm newer than you, and i knew that.

but please articulate your argument so it doesn't sound like a naive, revolutionary-wannabe trying to change the woorrld, mann
By Rancid
but please articulate your argument so it doesn't sound like a naive, revolutionary-wannabe trying to change the woorrld, mann

This is what it basically sounds like right now.
By Individual
Dan, Very interesting link but along with that a more direct action would be for them to stop work for a few days like Gandhi did. Then anything you do that brings a negative, like violence can be demonized much easier than a sit-out. I figure Union hacks do it in the form of an organized strike and there are far more people in this country who are not unionized. Then the private sector pays the bills for those self-proclaimed virtuous ones.
By Red Rebel
Boycotts are difficult to organize effectively and to sustain them. They also tend to hurt third party members.

Individual wrote:I figure like Gandhi that shutting down the country via non-violence is exactly what they can't deal with.

The British caved in to Gandhi because he was a lot more appealing than the Maoist rebels who were organizing and had a tendency to be mildly less non violent (by just a tad).
By Northern-Anarchist-X
I figure like Gandhi that shutting down the country via non-violence is exactly what they can't deal with.

You would be shutting down the system, which is socially violent.

Mass strikes are in the revolutionary handbook for a reason.

Not paying taxes wouldn't do much though. Capital and the State are intertwined, you can't leave one hobbling and go out and buy plasma tvs with your new tax-free cash and have changed much of anything.

Would be boring without it though. Also how is[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]

BRICS will fail

Americans so desperate for a Cold War 2.0 they inv[…]