demolition 2010 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By SomeRandom
Aye, I've inquired about spare tickets for the Sunderland coaches that are stopping off at Teesside on the way.

You coming down from Scotland?
By MB.
What is this?
By sans-culotte
You coming down from Scotland?

Aye, leaving tomorrow (tue) at 19:00 and arriving wednesday morning :D
You got your tickets?
By The Clockwork Rat
Nope, I've got too much shit to do (even though I'm my programme rep this year). From what I've heard of it, most of the people going don't even have a clue what is happening, or at least how these events are related to others.

MB. wrote:What is this?

A demonstration against tuition fee caps being removed in order to replace the money lost by cuts in government money.
By MB.
Thank you, TCR.
By SomeRandom
sans-culotte wrote:Aye, leaving tomorrow (tue) at 19:00 and arriving wednesday morning :D
You got your tickets?

Aye, set off at 5:15 tomorrow morning so can't be arriving long before it begins.

If the weather forecasts are anything to go off, we've chanced upon a sunny day in the middle of a week of heavy downpours. 8)
By SomeRandom
sans-culotte wrote:5 quid to London and back on union buses.

+ a sandwich, drink and crisps each way. Can't say fairer than that.
By sans-culotte
Hmm we didn't get the drink or crisps :*(
Got a nice reception at the London university union though but still had to pay for breakfast.
Kept their flag as a trophy too.
By SomeRandom
:lol: We were dropped off at the embankment only moments before the march begun so we didn't have time to chat with the other universities. Actually lost our own group on the way getting there. :lol:
By sans-culotte
Ah you must have been on one of the buses across the river from Westminster. I remember seeing about 20 parked there and a crowd standing along the bank.
By Melodramatic
I think I read about this in the paper today. A small picture with some subtext.

Realized British students are way cooler than Israeli ones.
By danholo
The problem with British students is that they think they can make a difference. Well, at least they try. Hey anybody got a link where I can find WHY the cuts were made? I'm doing something for school and can't find anything really good on this now.
By BassHole
The cuts were made "out of necessity" ( :roll: ) due to the UK's "horrendous" national debt. Both excuses are a load of bollocks.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]