Campaign for a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By SomeRandom
Could help bring down the coalition. :D
By killim
I think this should be an internal UK thing and should hence be placed in the UK section. If you want to leave, you can leave at any time. Maybe your representative democracy should be questioned if it doesn't represents the general expression of the majority of your population :D
By Rich
I guess I support the EU because it is just much more democratic than the British Parliament. Republican representatives are not allowed to vote in the British Parliament.
By Prosthetic Conscience
Rich wrote:I guess I support the EU because it is just much more democratic than the British Parliament. Republican representatives are not allowed to vote in the British Parliament.

Not really true. Republican MPs are allowed to vote; they just have to affirm allegiance to the monarch as the current head of state. They're at liberty to suggest her successor (to whom they also affirm allegiance) should be a president or other non-monarch. It's just that Sinn Fein throw a hissy fit at doing such a thing - not because they're republican, but because they don't want to acknowledge the legality of the current UK.
By Thunderhawk
If no EU, then what, EFTA?

EFTA is composed of small economies which would allow the UK to be the dominant force (as it was before), and that has its uses, but it would make the UK a big fish in a small pond.
By peterm1988
Ah, yes, the crisis caused by private sector failures should put us off an institution which ensures that surplus economies also have to shoulder some of the burden...
By Repeat to Fade
So the whole Eurozone crisis didn't put you off a bit then?

If the whole of the eurozone was going under then maybe, but that isn't actually the case many countries are doing just fine, so it's caused by actual mismanagement within individual countries.
By mordechaj
If the whole of the eurozone was going under then maybe, but that isn't actually the case many countries are doing just fine, so it's caused by actual mismanagement within individual countries.
Yes you can see it for yourself on any news channel,day by day another country inform how is doing really fine. :lol: :lol: Love it.Yes for idea of referendum. Thats what is call democraty.From gr language/people-goverment/. Would love to see it happen in every EU country,what the results would be for whole EU you think???
By Repeat to Fade
Yes you can see it for yourself on any news channel,day by day another country inform how is doing really fine.

Germany and France, seemingly got so much money they are giving it to other EU countries like candy at Halloween.
By Ter
I like the idea of a referendum on EU issues. It is obvious that most countries who are member of the EU will avoid referendums at all cost because they know what will likely be the outcome. After France, the Netherlands and Ireland I, the people of the EU will never again be consulted.

I am sorry to have to quote Geert Wilders, but he said there is a problem with the democracy if after 2/3rds of all paliamentarians in The Netherlands were ready to approve the European Constitution, 2/3rds of the population voted against it.

Ter
By mordechaj
Germany and France, seemingly got so much money they are giving it to other EU countries like candy at Halloween.
Will see for how much longer. Can they take one or two more states? And there are many more to fail.
No fuck off I want an EU state,
WHY??? Are you on paylist in Brussels??? :lol: :roll:
By Repeat to Fade
Will see for how much longer.

So you'll take possible yet to to happen future events as evidence? That's not a very smart method to come to conclusions now is it?

Can they take one or two more states?

It's far more than any other state has taken, just look at how much money Britain and the US had to borrow. Instead of needing loans like the rest of the world Germany is actively doling them out, and you consider that a failure?
By mordechaj
It's far more than any other state has taken, just look at how much money Britain and the US had to borrow. Instead of needing loans like the rest of the world Germany is actively doling them out, and you consider that a failure?
Quote:"And when you join the euro, you give away control over interest rates. And now that they have been bailed out, they have given away the ability to decide their own budgets. Greece and Ireland have now become protectorates of the EU. They have lost their democracy. They have lost their self-government" Now did you hear Merkel to ask to remove right to vote from bail out states??? F all EU if this is how democraty works.Question is why they want to bail out everybody? Why was Ireland push to agree on bail out package if week befor their PM was openly saing they dont need any money,the are ok?" Everybody in debt is no better of then slave."
So you'll take possible yet to to happen future events as evidence? That's not a very smart method to come to conclusions now is it?
Just check result of EU past.1 failure,2 failure,3 failure. What make you think step no 4 will be suddenly sucsess? Past helps to predict future.
By Repeat to Fade
Just check result of EU past.1 failure,2 failure,3 failure. What make you think step no 4 will be suddenly sucsess? Past helps to predict future.

But that little pattern there exists for non EU and Euro states as well, a vast amount of states world wide have had to take massive loans to shore up their economies.

And now that they have been bailed out, they have given away the ability to decide their own budgets.

That is true of every indebted country, those that you owe set a repayment package which you must keep to. The IMF and WB do the exact same.

Question is why they want to bail out everybody? Why was Ireland push to agree on bail out package if week befor their PM was openly saing they dont need any money,the are ok?"

It's a very dumb question but I'll enlighten you none the less. The Irish economy was massively indebted and had a large deficit, there were good reasons to believe that if that continued the Irish would need to default on their repayments as the government neared bankruptcy. Governments defaulting on loans is not very good because those countries that are owed money lose it and so you destabilize the system not only by removing income from those that are owned money but by reducing investor faith in the market.
By mordechaj
[quoteThat is true of every indebted country, those that you owe set a repayment package which you must keep to. The IMF and WB do the exact same.][/quote]Who is saying they are not as well bunch of fascist bastards like elite of EU.
It's a very dumb question but I'll enlighten you none the less.
I didnt put that question forward, but PM of ireland did,enlighten him them to dont talk bollocks.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/1 ... 83495.html
By mordechaj
Dublin reiterated that it will not need a bailout from the European Union or the International Monetary Fund although EU sources have said talks on a possible bailout are under way and it is unlikely to hold out without assistance.

The Irish Independent newspaper said Dublin was considering asking for money for its banks, an option that could be less risky politically than asking for a bailout of the state.
By Repeat to Fade
I didnt put that question forward, but PM of ireland did

No you did, otherwise he was referring to himself in the 3rd party like the Queen or a mental patient.

It was also a very poor use of quotation marks.

Who is saying they are not as well bunch of fascist bastards like elite of EU.

So if you have to deal with fascists either way and that is the norm then what is actually wrong with the EU since it is just as fascist as the entities outside Europe?

I don't see the point of the later quote.

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]

Look at this shit. This is inexcusable! >: htt[…]