Help needed for democratic reform project - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Hello everyone,

I am working on the Citizen participation project UDEMI, which is supported by the Oxford Internet Institute (OII) at the University of Oxford, and was wondering whether I might find people in this forum who are interested in what we do or might even want to get involved.

Our vision at UDEMI is to transform political participation into an enjoyable, efficient and outcome oriented activity for all members of society, independent of financial background or party affiliation, because we believe only an empowered electorate can safeguard our Democracy and make sure that governments act in the interest of their people. Together with the OII, we have developed the method of bottom up participation, which will offer citizens several levels for political engagement, ranging from simple voting tools right up to features that will empower capable citizens to stand for election themselves, thus bypassing traditional party hierarchies.

We are currently trying to build up an audience for our project to get as many opinions about our approach on board as possible, so that we can better tailor our platform to public needs. At the same time, we are looking for people enthusiastic about democratic reform to join our cause and help us develop UDEMI.

If you are interested to learn more about what we do, just get in touch via our preliminary website at www.udemi.org or drop us a message at contact@udemi.org!

Thank you!

Rob
Democracy is to far gone to reform, perhaps you should consider starting over with a system that doesn't allow parties to choose who represents the people.

Also a stronger set of strict limits on what the government cannot do.

I only say this because I assume you will not be considering anything outside of democracy, god forbid you want direct democracy by the way because then were all screwed.
I agree with mike, democracy is a joke and probably unreformable without starting entirely from scratch. I stumbled upon a new organisation called IOPS - International Organisation for a Participatory Society - their idea is to evolve a model of communal organisation which is decentralised and internationalist in the parecon fashion. I've joined up myself, it seems pretty close to what I have been looking for. There are lots of anarchists there too which can't be bad.

@Potemkin and @ingliz have we discussed what t[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hopefully, we will all get what we deserve. Frie[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol: