Demo London...19th July...Supporting the Palestinians - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

National Demo for Gaza – 19th July

Date: Saturday 19th July

Time: midday

To march to the Israeli embassy, High Street Kensington

This demonstration has been called to protest against Israel’s recent onslaught on Gaza and its ongoing occupation and siege.

More than 10,000 people demonstrated outside the Israeli embassy, London, on 11th July, as Israeli assaults on Gaza continued and the death toll mounted.

Sarah Colborne, Director of Palestine Solidarity Campaign, said: ‘London has already shown its outrage at Israel’s attacks on the mostly refugee population of Gaza, with people turning out in their thousands last week.

‘Saturday’s national demonstration will give people from across the country the chance to say enough is enough, Israel’s siege of Gaza and its occupation of Palestinian land has to end now. People want justice and freedom for the Palestinians, and they will be voicing this in their thousands on Saturday.”

The National Demonstration for Gaza has been called by the following organisations:

Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Friends of Al-Aqsa, Stop the War Coalition, British Muslim Initiative, Palestinian Forum in Britain, Muslim Association of Britain, Islamic Forum in Europe, Israeli Coalition against House Demolitions (UK).

- See more at: http://www.palestinecampaign.org/nation ... GIhb3.dpuf
Can someone remind me again why it's okay for Hamas to fire rockets at Israel but it's not OK for Israel to respond? For the record, I am not pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian and I don't particularly hate either side, but when Israel responds with military action of its own, is it Israel's fault Hamas sometimes fires these rockets from civilian areas, or that buildings and areas destroyed by Israeli strikes sometimes include civilians? Is there really so much antisemitism that people protesting don't care that the side they're supporting deliberately and openly wants to kill as many civilians as possible?
Bulaba Jones wrote:Can someone remind me again why it's okay for Hamas to fire rockets at Israel but it's not OK for Israel to respond?
For the same reason that some would argue that it was OK for Czechs to assassinate Heydrich but it wasn't OK for the Nazis to respond. The Zionists stole the land of Israel. They have no right to use force to defend their thefts let alone use lethal force.

Personally I don't believe in absolute morality and I don't believe in absolute property. I don't believe the world was fair, is fair or will become fair. What concerns me about Zionism is the way that it has taken over and befuddled the western-mind to such an extent that even intelligent people believe that the Jews were oppressed in the Roman Empire and Medieval Europe when their population expanded massively at the expense of ours.
Surely you don't really think all Israelis are cut from the same mold? There are plenty of extremists in Israel and there are plenty of extremists who are Palestinians. What I'm asking, essentially, is why not hold a demonstration against the wars and conflict between Israel and Palestine? Both sides are continually to blame: anyone who is objective can at least agree that both sides are keeping this conflict alive, and neither side is willing to even consider creating a lasting peace, for various reasons. So why blame it all on the Israelis? The Israelis can continue to point to Palestinian-led violence and a long history of Palestinian involvement with Arab military moves against Israel. The blame game seems silly. Why not protest against the war itself and hold the demonstration to urge both sides to come to a peaceful resolution?
Forget these recent hostilities that are currently making the headlines, this is an ongoing war of attrition. The Israeli's have virtually imprisoned the Palestinian people within the Gaza strip. They constantly cut their power and water, and are choking them with land and naval blockades, while in the West Bank out of control Zionist settlers are running wild under protection from the Israeli army. This tactic allows Israel to indirectly flout international rulings and continue their land grab policies. The Israelis have been waging a constant conflict upon the Palestinian people for decades now, the only time it makes the headlines is when the Palestinians fight back.
What validity? We can't let fairy tales dictate world politics, especially if it means the eradication of an entire peoples. If you grew up trapped in the wretched cramped alleys of the Gaza Strip you wouldn't give two shits about the validity of the Jewish faith. Why aren't you as concerned with the validity of the Islamic faith?

Also many orthodox Jews are opposed to the Israeli state as it's current existence goes against their own dogma. So they're actually invalidating their own faith.
The situation could've been reversed with the Israelis being sequestered. The point is not who started what (that is the kind of thinking I was referring to as wholly unconstructive), but the fact neither side wants peace. It's also fairly obvious that the reason the Israelis are getting away with colonizing the West Bank is two-fold: neither side has agreed to a one or two state solution, and the Palestinians continually refuse to negotiate in good faith for peace, Hamas in particular. The Palestinian problem is that the Palestinian people are unwilling to face reality: they are not in a position to negotiate from a position of strength or power or authority. They need to agree to a lasting peace, slightly on Israeli terms. They are continually unwilling to face reality, good or bad, and this is why Israel is continuing to consolidate its authority and territory in the West Bank: because they can, and because the Palestinians are ironically enabling the Israelis.

Both sides are to blame for the continued conflict, but if there is to be a lasting peace, the Palestinians clearly need to recognize they are in a lesser position when negotiating. It's simply the facts on the ground, like it or not.
Not all religion is bullshit Jessup. I don't actually follow any particular religion, but they are more than just fairy tales for most people in the world. Often they are the primary source of a person's self-validation of existence. If you say that the Israelis can't have Israel then they are just going to fight harder because, as far as they are concerned, God made it their land. There's no way to convince them otherwise other than to exterminate them, and that ain't going to happen.
As apartheid in South Africa was the focus for activists, now the focus is on Israeli apartheid. I can remember a chant of the activists in the anti-Vietnam marches......"The whole world is watching".............
Now...Israel....."the whole world is watching"......
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Well as I have already said the existence of the current Israeli state goes against Jewish dogma so they're invalidating themselves.
Also do you believe the Jihadists are justified in waging their campaigns against the infidels? It for religious reasons after all.

I fail to see how holding the land that God told them to hold goes against their own dogma. Would you care to enlighten me?
The Clockwork Rat wrote:No. I am no more in favour of Palestine's right to be a state than I am Israel's.
Why do you support the right of ethnic Brits to a state, or Ethnic French, or Ethnic German? Zionism is a demand for race rights. If you support the right of the Jewish race to a Jewish state do you support the right of Aryan Germans to an Aryan German state?

To decry the state of Israel is to outright reject the validity of the Jewish faith.
Yes and quite right too as its based on a filthy racist lie that the creator of the universe chose the Jews as the master race. We should throw it into the garbage bin of history in the same way that we threw the Aztec religion in. of course we have no problem with private piety and ceremonial traditions as long as they have been gutted of any real ideological content. Even so I don't see why parents should have any more right to tell their children lies about burning for eternity, than they do to have sex with their children or marry them off at thirteen.

I had this filth rammed down my throat from the age of five. Threatening a five year child with burning in hell for eternity is torture pure and simple. I don't ask for sympathy, oh no, but I do look for pay-back. Actually in my small way I have already got some payback. Muslims are now the standard bearers for monotheism. Part of the reason I supported the removal of Saddam was to catalyse an intra Muslim civil war across the Middle East. And to some degree that has already born fruit.
^
If Israel really wanted peace,it would have peace but it wants land. The bombardment of Gaza is a crime against humanity.When it kicked off at the end of 2008. In the space of 3 weeks 926 Palestinians civilians and 3 Israeli civilians were killed. 4000 Palestinian homes were destroyed (75% have not been rebuilt).
And it is happening again, the Israelis know that many Palistinian civilians will die. This is premeditated murder.

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I […]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]